Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Take Me Down

If you have ever seen the TV show "American Pickers" you may be familiar with the term "repurposing". The hosts travel around the country buying up stuff that would have eventually ended up in a landfill. These items are then bought by designers that turn them into artwork or unique pieces of furniture. In my collection of audio junk, I found several loops and one-shot samples originally intended for EDM production. I decided to repurpose them.

Credits to Blocs Wave for the audio junk, and to Audiobus3 for enabling this hot mess.

Eigðu góðan dag!

http://paulieworld.bandcamp.com/track/take-me-down

Comments

• I've heard much worse than what you've labeled as "junk" 😋
    I like it!

• I like this a lot. Beautiful solo strings and voices. Also the loft feeling works great.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I like this a lot. Beautiful solo strings and voices. Also the loft feeling works great.

That's a high compliment from someone of your standing! You have an amazing repertoire of excellent work.
    Thank you very much!

As a moderator, I hope you can help with a minor technical issue. I was disappointed with my first post in that the embedded
    player did not work. In an earlier post I asked someone for help regarding the correct way to do that. Per instructions
    I simply pasted the link into the body of the text. That did not work as expected. I have a few more things I would like to post,
    but I don't want viewers to have to leave the forum to hear the track. I contacted Bandcamp, but they were not familiar with
    the Audiobus Forum and could not provide any specific details.

I have been on a 15 year hiatus from music and technology, so most of this stuff is still a mystery to me! Can you tell me
    how to embed the Bandcamp player, or point me in the right direction to a solution?

Thanks and have a great day!

• edited September 2020

Hi @Paulieworld, first, I meant to write “Lofi” not loft.

Not sure what to tell you about posting. Usually the listener has the choice. In SoundCloud it looks like this....

BandCamp is similarly loaded by pasting the URL and looks like this ...

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/the-shining-sea

If you tap on the BandCamp album title you go to the site. I would just try again. It should work fine. Post away!😉

Btw, I am no longer a mod. I resigned cause it prevented me from posting outlandish and offbase statements, like @McD. 😂🌋

• @rs2000 said:
    I've heard much worse than what you've labeled as "junk" 😋
    I like it!

Thanks! I hope I didn't give the wrong impression about Blocs Wave. I actually like it very much, and use it a lot. When you consider the amount of work that goes into their product, it's really a great deal for the money. Perhaps the word 'junk' was not the best choice. I guess it's just my self-deprecating nature!

Thanks for listening. Have a great day!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Hi @Paulieworld, first, I meant to write “Lofi” not loft.

Not sure what to tell you about posting. Usually the listener has the choice. In SoundCloud it looks like this....

BandCamp is similarly loaded by pasting the URL and looks like this ...

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/the-shining-sea

If you tap on the BandCamp album title you go to the site. I would just try again. It should work fine. Post away!😉

Btw, I am no longer a mod. I resigned cause it prevented me from posting outlandish and offbase statements, like @McD. 😂🌋

I'm sure I will eventually get it right... like a monkey at a typewriter!
    Typewriter??? I'm really showing my age.
    Thanks!

• This song is litty! (is that what the kids are using in place of peachy keen these days?)

• edited September 2020

Never heard of Litty, but Peachy Keen... Yeah!
    Kids these days would probably call me 'Old School', but I just call it 'School'.

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

@Paulieworld The creator of a thread gets 1 month to edit it. I do that sometimes and even change the Title of the thread so it appears to be new content. You click on the "gear" (cog or sprocket?) symbol next to the title to open the editor.

@LinearLineman we can also re-edit any comment we make for up to 1 month using that sprocket widget on any comment we create.

Is there a moderator left on the site other than @Michael. We've been pretty good since @deleted_user quit.

• @Paulieworld

Really nice track.
    Reminds me of Deep Forest.
    I like the way the opening chord progression uplifts.
    When the lyrics come in nearer the end it asks for more.
    Thank you for sharing.

@McD

Maybe you should take the title of moderator as you
    do an amazing job of being balanced in your view points.

Overall though I agree we seem to be keeping our balance anyway.

• edited September 2020

@Gravitas said:
    @Paulieworld

Really nice track.
    Reminds me of Deep Forest.
    I like the way the opening chord progression uplifts.
    When the lyrics come in nearer the end it asks for more.
    Thank you for sharing.

@McD

Maybe you should take the title of moderator as you
    do an amazing job of being balanced in your view points.

Overall though I agree we seem to be keeping our balance anyway.

Thank you so much for listening, and for your kind words! I will Google Deep Forest. I like the name. Regarding being a moderator, I am still working full-time, although I can legally retire tomorrow (9/7/20) and my mortgage was paid off last month!!! For the time being, I am very happy just to be here among the fine people of the Audiobus Forum. In case anybody is interested, my alias (Paulieworld) comes from the amazing mind of my five year old niece! You rock Olivia!

• edited September 2020

@Gravitas ... you mean Deep Forest with those gorgeous Pygmy voices? That was captivating. @McD couldn’t be a moderator and spout his geyser. He’d get smashed. That’s why I gave it up.

• edited September 2020

Calling this junk is blasphemy bro. I just did a whole Freestyle Kanye like flow to the whole thing while listening, it’s real dope. Gives me an intro to an album feeling.

• @Weareroses said:
    Calling this junk is blasphemy bro. I just did a whole Freestyle Kanye like flow to the whole thing while listening, it’s real dope. Gives me an intro to an album feeling.

Thank you very much. I would absolutely love to hear that!!!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Gravitas ... you mean Deep Forest with those gorgeous Pygmy voices? That was captivating. @McD couldn’t be a moderator and spout his geyser. He’d get smashed. That’s why I gave it up.

I just Googled Deep Forest and have been spending some quality time in the comfy chair. I can sum it up in two words...

Ooooooooooooooooh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh! (spoken basso profundo)

Why haven't I heard of these guys (and ladies) before. Excuse me for a moment while I go slap myself upside the head.

Ok, I'm back. Thank you to @Gravitas for comparing me to them!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Gravitas ... you mean Deep Forest with those gorgeous Pygmy voices? That was captivating.

Yup, one and the same.

@McD couldn’t be a moderator and spout his geyser. He’d get smashed. That’s why I gave it up.

I hear you on that.
    He’s a good guy our McD.

Like I said, we seem to be doing okay as a community.

We listen to each other.

@Paulieworld

Ooooooooooooooooh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh! (spoken basso profundo)

Why haven't I heard of these guys (and ladies) before. Excuse me for a moment while I go slap myself upside the head.

Ok, I'm back. Thank you to @Gravitas for comparing me to them!

No worries.

You’re welcome.