Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatMaker2 & Audiobus

When i use Beatmaker2 as output, Magellan as FX and Figure as input i don't hear any sound....it works with all other output apps fine.

Comments

• Thx...intua....yeah...bug masters!

• Make sure you have "Background Audio" enabled for BM. (not in the BM options, but the iOS options for BM).

That solved my problem.

• Anyone managed to record midi at the same time as audio yet?

• @Ian, yes - several times.

• I I tried it and it worked great.

• sorry, what I meant was can you record midi and audio when playing the external app? I can get the empty keyboard to record and put the audio back in via the app, just not record BOTH directly (though without Audiobus I can record midi)

• Which app are you trying with Ian? I would try it now, but not enough time ( curse you day job )

• Animoog. And now I've changed the empty beatmaker keyboard to a loaded one it works! Bed time I think. My brain hurts

• I use midi controllers, and with that setup it works great. Midi and audio record simultaneously. Cool because then if you want to try a different sound, you erase the audio and feed the midi to a different app.
    Which reminds me, I'll bet with midibridge you could feed multiple apps the same midi perhaps?

• Just did the same: Animoog in, recorded audio, no midi. Swapped to thumbjam did both. I had switched Animoog off totally. Then out with tj on with Animoog and everything perfect! Think I need to go back to bed!

• Just when I was getting to grips with Cubasis I decided to jump into BM2. Like everyone says they both seem to have their own merits and growing pains. But am I missing something or are there no Solo and Mute buttons on the BM2 Track screen? I have to turn off all the other tracks with the speaker button just to Solo a track? Seems like a step backwards compared to the other Daws.

• The mute and solo are in the track mixer.

• Yeah, you have to be in the mixer screen, which is not as cool as having them upfront like most apps do, but whatcha gonna do? Maybe someday he'll put it on the front page.

• Yeah I know about the mixer screen but I was hoping I missed something in the Sequencer screen ....Oh we'll. Also a drag that you have to go back to the home screen every time you you want to switch screens

• But don't get me wrong; So far I think it's a great app and it works great with Audiobus on my Ipad3 and also on my IPod 5g. I tried controlling the arpeggiator in Magellan from the BM2 midi clock and it worked great! Can't wait to try more combinations.

• I found myself hitting the wrong button every time!!!! "I need to turn that down so I'll go to the mixer", (hits the tracks button for the 7th time in a row....grrrr) Eventually I started going to right page the first try.

• all programs have learning curves. Even a seasoned veteran needs to learn his away around a new software. How boring would it be if everyone utilized the same organization of their DAW software? There's a reason I like ableton for arrangement and logic for mixing... GUI. After using BM2 for so long, playing around with Cubasis seemed foreign and weird even though it's built more like a traditional daw.

• Yup. BM2 has a certain style and feel that I really like

• I agree with that. I don't know if its because I'm just so familiar with BM2, but I can definitely get more done in there in less time than I can in Cubasis at this point. Not knocking Cubasis at all. It's an awesome app, but I just seem to be more proficient with BM2. Happy it's OTB.

• Wot to say...mans on it.

• BeatMaker 2.4.4 is now live!

• Wow. Hefty update and fast. @mathieugarcia Thank you.

• can anybody tell me how to delete tracks in beatmaker 2

• I
    see add track but where is the delete track

• In the home screen slide whichever track you want to delete and instead of tapping it to get into it, do a long tap and the delete option comes up

• IanIan
    edited February 2013

Nice and quick! I know not all others weren't getting it but it seems to have solved my problem of recording MIDI onto an empty preset