Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can you help me to recreate this song? (Fort Minor)

I am not good at creating music. I want to be better. I think if I try to recreate a couple of song, it will help me understanding the structure of songs.

Do you know what applications I can use to recreate this song with my Ipad? I just need the name of the applications you suggested me. Thanks.

Comments

• I think it's 95% about the lyrics. The rest can be done in any DAW that comes with sampled instruments (drum, orchestra in this track). 2-3 loops melody and a drum track with few touches here and there for extra fun.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • When I read the title, I thought it would be this track
    If i'm not wrong, Shinoda mostly used Reason back then.

I would go for Beatmaker 3 + Garageband

But more important... What do you already own?

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I am not good at creating music. I want to be better. I think if I try to recreate a couple of song, it will help me understanding the structure of songs.

Do you know what applications I can use to recreate this song with my Ipad? I just need the name of the applications you suggested me. Thanks.

Their is 1% song structure and 95% the same little melody with a beat behind it. With 2%modulation of the little melody with 2% of string holding the chords on the fourth iteration.

Any DAW can reproduce this song 99% close to it.

If you give it a try I am sure you will have 100% succès recreating it. GarageBand is 100% free. Or maybe Figure that is also 100% free.

I took this percentage analogy 63% to far. 🤭

• edited September 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Drambo and ThumbJam in AUM

• @Intrepolicious said:
    Drambo and ThumbJam in AUM

Drambo is many things. Beginner friendly it is not.

• edited September 2020

@BCKeys said:
    @Montreal_Music

Just approximately rebuilt the intro very quickly with GarageBand to show you it’s a good start to play with.

Well, I’m in vacation so I did this with the touchscreen and « mixed » it with my iPhone earbuds so please don’t pay attention to the bad sounding result and listen it at low volume, it could destroy your stuff 😁

It’s made 100% GB, no plugins

I never played this genre, but it was fun ! my usual thing is more funky-blues-rock-yeahhh

Anyway, Just get the idea : you can do it with GarageBand, no need to spend your money, it’s made with great user-friendly tools if you are a beginner

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/078a3dccb685119b3a2a108709e5edc920200903224548/507e4ed501e164874619e7f8509d82e420200903224608/7fbb42

👍👍

I was waiting for you to start rapping 😂😂

• @ecou said:

@Intrepolicious said:

You’re right, though the basic walkthrough in the manual is fairly straightforward, and can have one up and running with a basic beat very quickly. Drambo can be as deep and complicated as you want to make it on the modular synth side of things, but on the surface, looking at it as a “groovebox” or drum machine, it’s as simple as any other sequencer out there.

• @Intrepolicious said:

@ecou said:

@Intrepolicious said:

You’re right, though the basic walkthrough in the manual is fairly straightforward, and can have one up and running with a basic beat very quickly. Drambo can be as deep and complicated as you want to make it on the modular synth side of things, but on the surface, looking at it as a “groovebox” or drum machine, it’s as simple as any other sequencer out there.

I am helping a beginner friend learn Caustic. If I told her to add a Midi to CV module I would get one to those face 🙄 or 🥴

• @ecou said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@ecou said:

@Intrepolicious said:

I am helping a beginner friend learn Caustic. If I told her to add a Midi to CV module I would get one to those face 🙄 or 🥴

That’s the beauty of Drambo. When you start a new project as a midi sequencer, those midi to cv modules are already there. Just have to pick an instrument or sound.

• @BCKeys said:
    @Montreal_Music

Just approximately rebuilt the intro very quickly with GarageBand to show you it’s a good start to play with.

Well, I’m in vacation so I did this with the touchscreen and « mixed » it with my iPhone earbuds so please don’t pay attention to the bad sounding result and listen it at low volume, it could destroy your stuff 😁

It’s made 100% GB, no plugins

I never played this genre, but it was fun ! my usual thing is more funky-blues-rock-yeahhh

Anyway, Just get the idea : you can do it with GarageBand, no need to spend your money, it’s made with great user-friendly tools if you are a beginner

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/078a3dccb685119b3a2a108709e5edc920200903224548/507e4ed501e164874619e7f8509d82e420200903224608/7fbb42

Good job! Violon at the beginning and what synth after b GB?

• @BCKeys said:

Here is the screen to help you if you want to do it by yourself @Montreal_Music
    Just missing the last track on the screenshot, it’s the snare line made with the Deep End drumkit.
    Of course I can send the GB project file if you want it 😉

Yes, I want to! Thanks!

• @BCKeys said:

Dude.... This is awesome. You have good ears