Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What audio interface are 2020 IPad Pro users using?

124»

Comments

• @drcongo said:
    That evo 4 looks like a nice piece of kit @Strizbiz - any issues with it on iOS?

Sorry, I don’t have the evo 4, That was @Paa89

• @mlau said:

@Strizbiz said:

@mlau said:

@Strizbiz said:

@mlau said:
    @Strizbiz it’s a great one for sure. I had an apogee duet first gen, it is still working very well, but it is not supported anymore .... so no more apogee for me. Anyway, you got a great box ! Enjoy

I still have my Duet, with no plans on getting rid of it, still sounds great and when all this craziness is over and I can be mobile I’ll take the Duet with me and let the Symphony stay home 😁

It’s the duet second generation, right ?

Technically 3rd generation , it the Duet for Mac/IOS and it also has a usb midi input, but it’s not supported on my 2020 IPad Pro which was part of the reason I updated to the Symphony Desktop. The Duet will technically run but the Maestro software that controls it doesn’t work.

that’s why i give up with apogee... no support ! too bad cause they make great devices ... i just don’t feel like buying a new apogee every 5 years

It still works great with Macs and PCs and older IPads pre USB-C, I don’t really blame Apogee, imo the blame lays at Apples feet. They made the decision to not support MFI interfaces anymore so it’s not just Apogee’s MFI interfaces that don’t work. Apples does things like that and ....like hey...let’s get rid of the headphone jacks! I don’t think musicians are high on their priority list 🤷🏽‍♂️
    The Duet still works fine with my IPad Air 2 but I don’t use it for audio production anymore.
    Anyway I’m guessing the Symphony Desktop will work for a while or until Apple decides not to support usb compliant devices, but I didn’t buy the Symphony strictly to use with the IPad , I’m mainly using it with my Mac.

• @Strizbiz said:

@mlau said:

@Strizbiz said:

@mlau said:

@Strizbiz said:

@mlau said:
    @Strizbiz it’s a great one for sure. I had an apogee duet first gen, it is still working very well, but it is not supported anymore .... so no more apogee for me. Anyway, you got a great box ! Enjoy

I still have my Duet, with no plans on getting rid of it, still sounds great and when all this craziness is over and I can be mobile I’ll take the Duet with me and let the Symphony stay home 😁

It’s the duet second generation, right ?

Technically 3rd generation , it the Duet for Mac/IOS and it also has a usb midi input, but it’s not supported on my 2020 IPad Pro which was part of the reason I updated to the Symphony Desktop. The Duet will technically run but the Maestro software that controls it doesn’t work.

that’s why i give up with apogee... no support ! too bad cause they make great devices ... i just don’t feel like buying a new apogee every 5 years

It still works great with Macs and PCs and older IPads pre USB-C, I don’t really blame Apogee, imo the blame lays at Apples feet. They made the decision to not support MFI interfaces anymore so it’s not just Apogee’s MFI interfaces that don’t work. Apples does things like that and ....like hey...let’s get rid of the headphone jacks! I don’t think musicians are high on their priority list 🤷🏽‍♂️
    The Duet still works fine with my IPad Air 2 but I don’t use it for audio production anymore.
    Anyway I’m guessing the Symphony Desktop will work for a while or until Apple decides not to support usb compliant devices, but I didn’t buy the Symphony strictly to use with the IPad , I’m mainly using it with my Mac.

a great device nevertheless. enjoy !

• @Strizbiz said:

@drcongo said:
    That evo 4 looks like a nice piece of kit @Strizbiz - any issues with it on iOS?

Sorry, I don’t have the evo 4, That was @Paa89

I’m an idiot. Thanks.

• Cheap USB class compliant ADAT only interface with input and output!!! Where to get it in Europe?

• Black Lion Audio Revolution. A noticeably big step up from the more entry level Focusrite/Presonus/Moto etc

• @Sam23 said:

Which do you prefer between the SSL and Volt? I’m looking at both right now, though I’m more tempted by the Volt with the analog compressors.

• edited June 2022

What about Presonus boxes? They have AudioBox USB 96, Audiobox Go, Audiobox iOne?

edit: not good https://higherhz.com/presonus-audiobox-usb-96-review/

Any good? I am also looking at this Mackie Onyx Artist interface. When I use my Ipad on the go I use my Apogee Jam and the analogue headphone output. Behind my desk I could use (= GAS...) a small interface, mainly for the pre-amp for guitar into Ipad. D-A conversion doesn´t have to be state of the art, I have small speakers, Monitor Audio AV40 (first generation).

My local pawnshop has an Audient ID4 mk1, but I read a lot of different opinions about the ID4, and mk2 is better (but there will always be something better anyway, these little specs change al the time).

What would be a nice feature, is that the interface behaves as a pre-amp or digital line mixer, in a stand alone mode, when not connected to a computer or Ipad. Thoman sells these small mixers, but the AD/DA convertor is noisy with artifacts.

• A few months ago I was researching upgrades to my first-generation Scarlett 2i4. (Basically, I want something more transparent.) On this forum, Motu 2 and 4 seemed to be favorites: low latency, high resolution. Has anything come along to dislodge them? My second choice, at the time, would have been Zoom.

• edited June 2022

@HotStrange said:

@Sam23 said:

Which do you prefer between the SSL and Volt? I’m looking at both right now, though I’m more tempted by the Volt with the analog compressors.

ultimately VOLT because it is more flexible, sounds better on vocals - SSL is great for guitar, bass....
    Apogee Duet3 has even slightly better transducers, through the app even more detailed to adjust....

• @Sam23 said:

@HotStrange said:

@Sam23 said:

ultimately VOLT because it is more flexible, sounds better on vocals - SSL is great for guitar, bass....
    Apogee Duet3 has even slightly better transducers, through the app even more detailed to adjust....

How is the Volt for guitars and bass? Acoustic guitars? I use those somewhat often. Doesn’t need to be mind blowing. Just good lol.

How do you like the 76 compressor on it?

• @CyberLuke said:
    Cheap USB class compliant ADAT only interface with input and output!!! Where to get it in Europe?

I use these. https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/usbstreamer-box

• edited June 2022

I recently read about Volt in Universal Audio Volt USB Audio Interfaces thread in Audio Science Review forum. It might be a good read for those who are planning to purchase it.

• Could someone confirm this? I get the idea that with most interfaces, the microphone input has the real pre-amp that is advertised, and line or instrument input has an other pre-amp?

Like the Audient ID4, this one has a Jfet preamp for the guitar input. Not that this is bad or anything, might be even better. I wonder how this is implemented in interfaces like SSL, or Volt 1 or 2.

• @HotStrange said:

@Sam23 said:

@HotStrange said:

@Sam23 said:

How is the Volt for guitars and bass? Acoustic guitars? I use those somewhat often. Doesn’t need to be mind blowing. Just good lol.

How do you like the 76 compressor on it?

Guitar, bass work very well, there is the possibility to switch to "line".
    the "76" and especially the "vintage" setting are absolutely usable

the nice thing is the possibility to have 4 x 2 practical and sensible combinations-just experiment with them ("fast" for example can't be made to overdrive)