Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Problems With TAQsim?

I love the voices in TAQsim. However, I have found it rather unusable in a Cubasis project. The first note played sticks (drone not on), then other notes record or not on the midi track. It also seems like there is an onboard recorder that plays notes while recording in Cubasis. Too many issues at once makes it very hard to sort out.

Any advice or similar experiences?

Comments

• @LinearLineman said:
    I love the voices in TAQsim. However, I have found it rather unusable in a Cubasis project. The first note played sticks (drone not on), then other notes record or not on the midi track. It also seems like there is an onboard recorder that plays notes while recording in Cubasis. Too many issues at once makes it very hard to sort out.

Any advice or similar experiences?

Get AUM and use it to record stems and import the stems into Cubasis. Find a way.
    "It's China town..."

• @McD, how bout Audiobus?

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

@LinearLineman said:
    @McD, how bout Audiobus?

Does Audiobus have a way to record or are you stuck on everything uses Cubasis? That's your blind spot and you adapt to that limitation but at least you get 2 versions now. Now there are 2 ways to not having something work.

There are a few problems AudioBus fixes but recording isn't one of them but Loopy Pro is coming and that will offer a work around.

AUM is just a great tool for a lot of broken plumbing and implementation headaches.

• edited September 2020

Just use Audiobus and put Taqs in audio and Cubasis In the output audio slot and record it right into Cubasis. Cubasis should automatically create a track one you load it in AB3

AUM is top notch, but you can easily do this without AUM