Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

HDMi splitter and iPhone XS

Has anyone had any luck with hdmi splitters and the iphone XS with an official Apple hdmi connector?

My splitter doesn't work with iPhone XS, keeps breaking connection. This is the worst thing for me about lack of headphone jack, no proper way of getting video and audio out separately unless there's an hdmi splitter which is supported....

Comments

• Yeah it might be worth trying an all in one like that.

But since I already have an Apple hdmi adapter (I also have have an offical VGA adapter).....I'd hope there might a cheaper splitter which could work with it. I'd also be concerned that the hdmi connection wouldn't break in an update.

Thanks, though it might be all I can do as Apple haven't released anything offical like this.

• @Carnbot You need to be careful with gadgets like this, because they often don't support HDCP (copy protection) which is required for commercial videos. One of the pictures in the Amazon reference makes this clear, listing the "not supported" services. The sellers often use some weasel words, like "educational use" or "downloaded videos", to fudge this shortcoming. If that's all you need, it may work, but so should your current splitter. If you want to split audio and video on HDCP programs, you need to find a splitter that's cracked the code, so it can decrypt the stream and extract the audio data. Also, it's a lot harder for 4K video, maybe impossible.

• @uncledave said:
    @Carnbot You need to be careful with gadgets like this, because they often don't support HDCP (copy protection) which is required for commercial videos. One of the pictures in the Amazon reference makes this clear, listing the "not supported" services. The sellers often use some weasel words, like "educational use" or "downloaded videos", to fudge this shortcoming. If that's all you need, it may work, but so should your current splitter. If you want to split audio and video on HDCP programs, you need to find a splitter that's cracked the code, so it can decrypt the stream and extract the audio data. Also, it's a lot harder for 4K video, maybe impossible.

Yeah that's true, would probably only work for non HDCP files.
    It's easier to split it after it's been converted to analogue at the other end in a TV or Projector, so that's what I'm going to do for now.