Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THU—Holy Grail for Fender sound

Comments

• edited April 2021

@Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:
    @Bootsy

https://www.overloud.com/installation.php?p=11016&pr=823936709

Does this not work? You simply download the windows or mac version you need, which actually just downloads the full thu demo. Then you activate the rig license you bought. Then it should instantly say 99 cents on iOS after refreshing the store page.

i was wondering if i could download the demo and then get it to work.. the 60s pack doesnt have the rig player btw...

That is bullshit! Did they remove it?? The 60s pack is supposed to come with the rig player, it says so on their website. It also says that on every news release online about the 60s pack. Mine came with it on desktop.

There’s no reason you can’t download a demo and license the rig you bought to get the $1 on iOS, unless you don’t own a desktop.

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:
    @Bootsy

Does this not work? You simply download the windows or mac version you need, which actually just downloads the full thu demo. Then you activate the rig license you bought. Then it should instantly say 99 cents on iOS after refreshing the store page.

i was wondering if i could download the demo and then get it to work.. the 60s pack doesnt have the rig player btw...

That is bullshit! Did they remove it?? The 60s pack is supposed to come with the rig player, it says so on their website. It also says that on every news release online about the 60s pack. Mine came with it on desktop.

There’s no reason you can’t download a demo and license the rig you bought to get the $1 on iOS, unless you don’t own a desktop.

that is crazy, i was wondering about it and i looked at what is included and it now doesn't show the rig player. although it seems weird that it would as it doesnt have any rigs in it. its just amps and effects no?

• @Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:
    @Bootsy

that is crazy, i was wondering about it and i looked at what is included and it now doesn't show the rig player. although it seems weird that it would as it doesnt have any rigs in it. its just amps and effects no?

Yeah just amps and effects. I think as an expansion pack it has no rig player but if you just buy it standalone without owning the full, it comes with the rig player. I only own the 60s pack on desktop, not the full.

By the way, there’s a bundles page on the website and the ALL ROCK bundle comes with the rock bundle as well as 3 awesome rigs. Not cheap but it’s the best of the all bundle packages considering the rigs it comes with.

I hope you can get your $1 iOS rig just off the desktop demo. It should work.

@Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:
    @Bootsy

Yeah just amps and effects. I think as an expansion pack it has no rig player but if you just buy it standalone without owning the full, it comes with the rig player. I only own the 60s pack on desktop, not the full.

By the way, there’s a bundles page on the website and the ALL ROCK bundle comes with the rock bundle as well as 3 awesome rigs. Not cheap but it’s the best of the all bundle packages considering the rigs it comes with.

i cant find that 60s pack as a standalone.. just expansion pack it seems. or am i missing something?

• edited April 2021

@Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:
    @Bootsy

i cant find that 60s pack as a standalone.. just expansion pack it seems. or am i missing something?

Does this not get you there?

There are 3 download links lower down.

I got a code for the 60s pack and I guess mine was standalone.

I’m not trying to recommend the 60s packs, but it’s cheaper right now because the other bundles aren’t on sale. But you shouldn’t need any of them to get the $1 iOS.

@Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:
    @Bootsy

Does this not get you there?

There are 3 download links lower down.

I got a code for the 60s pack and I guess mine was standalone.

I’m not trying to recommend the 60s packs, but it’s cheaper right now because the other bundles aren’t on sale. But you shouldn’t need any of them to get the $1 iOS.

well i downloaded the full demo, tried to drag and drop the silverface rig into it put the serial number in and it said you have to have a fully licensed product to load the silver face in.. Bastards! so im either going to have to buy like the rock pack or if i can get the right 60s pack i would do that but i don't want to spend the money if it aint gonna work.. im thinking i shouldve just stayed with the ios stuff.. i hardly ever use the mac anymore. i just thought i do have logic and ableton so it would be nice to have some decent guitar rigs on the mac too.

• edited April 2021

The standalone 60s pack comes with the rig player. If you hear otherwise, contact Red at Overloud. I bought it

• @audiobussy said:
    The standalone 60s pack comes with the rig player. If you hear otherwise, contact Red at Overloud. I bought it

I can only find the 60s expansion pack but maybe that has the stand alone built in to it. But it doesn't show up on the list of what's included, so I'm scared.

• @Bootsy said:

@audiobussy said:

I can only find the 60s expansion pack but maybe that has the stand alone built in to it. But it doesn't show up on the list of what's included, so I'm scared.

They don’t make it easy do they! I think “expansion” implies that you already have the Full pack. If I’m not mistaken, if you buy just the 60s pack but don’t have the full it’s technically not an expansion.

It’s a bummer that you can’t register the rig you bought though. I didn’t know this.... but you have a strong case to email Overloud support, they’re very responsive. You got a desktop rig and you want the iOS for $1, it doesn’t say anywhere that you are required to buy a desktop bundle to make this discount work. I think it may not be built to work this way because they just assume you’d have a rig player already when you get the desktop rig. But I would write them and explain this, don’t spend any more money!

I would recommend the funk bundle on a sale. I would also recommend the ALL Rock bundle that comes with 3 rigs. But I don’t see why you should be forced to buy those.

Also the 60s pack says it’s also $1 on iOS once you buy it desktop, but the other bundle don’t say that. So in theory you should get the 60s pack because it’s in a sale, it should come with the rig player, then you get it for $1 on iOS (as I did), and then you get the silver face for $1 as well. You should write to them if you have any problems.

@Bootsy said:

@audiobussy said:

They don’t make it easy do they! I think “expansion” implies that you already have the Full pack. If I’m not mistaken, if you buy just the 60s pack but don’t have the full it’s technically not an expansion.

It’s a bummer that you can’t register the rig you bought though. I didn’t know this.... but you have a strong case to email Overloud support, they’re very responsive. You got a desktop rig and you want the iOS for $1, it doesn’t say anywhere that you are required to buy a desktop bundle to make this discount work. I think it may not be built to work this way because they just assume you’d have a rig player already when you get the desktop rig. But I would write them and explain this, don’t spend any more money!

I would recommend the funk bundle on a sale. I would also recommend the ALL Rock bundle that comes with 3 rigs. But I don’t see why you should be forced to buy those.

Also the 60s pack says it’s also $1 on iOS once you buy it desktop, but the other bundle don’t say that. So in theory you should get the 60s pack because it’s in a sale, it should come with the rig player, then you get it for $1 on iOS (as I did), and then you get the silver face for $1 as well. You should write to them if you have any problems.

No they don't. Should've known, everything is easy on the iPad for the most part. If I have to buy something I'd rather get the 60s pack for the desktop as I have just about everything on iOS already. So just looking for the cheapest route. Thanks for all the help. I think I'll start with support and do whatever I need to after that.

• @JoyceRoadStudios holy shit! so I took one more look in the store on my iPad and this time it showed up 99 cents. Wtf. I've checked probably twenty times today. I've reset the iPad a couple of times. Now outta nowhere it's there and all good. Now let's hope I like it.

• @Bootsy said:
    @JoyceRoadStudios holy shit! so I took one more look in the store on my iPad and this time it showed up 99 cents. Wtf. I've checked probably twenty times today. I've reset the iPad a couple of times. Now outta nowhere it's there and all good. Now let's hope I like it.

I knew it would work! Let me know how the rig is..

@Bootsy said:
    @JoyceRoadStudios holy shit! so I took one more look in the store on my iPad and this time it showed up 99 cents. Wtf. I've checked probably twenty times today. I've reset the iPad a couple of times. Now outta nowhere it's there and all good. Now let's hope I like it.

Will do. I've been retubing all of my amps. They all sound so good but so loud, but thats where they sound the best. But I keep going back to the thu and 20th anniversary plugs. They are so amazing. And Nembrini as well. Now the silverface rig, I definitely think they nailed these two amp rigs. I was comparing my 57 champ clone to the silverface and they can get real close with the rig obviously having more options but man they both sound great especially with my strat plus. Very chimey and clear sounding. The bandmaster and my 67 bassman again both so good it's really great to have that sound in a rig where you can control the volume and still have it smoking. The grit and grind on these rigs are also amazing. I played them with my strat plus, my d Angelico with humbuckers, and my sx tele. The strat plus bridge pu being my favorite. Humbuckers drive everything a little harder which is cool but you kind of lose a little of the bell tone. The tele was a little too raunchy for me but still cool. Used to think somewhat poorly of silverfaces but I actually think I prefer them a little to some of the other fender rigs. Could be the new car smell.

• Did anyone get the new LRS Silverface bundle? If so, how do you like it? It's been awhile since I spent money on any TH-U rigs but this one is really tempting.

• @Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Bootsy said:

Will do. I've been retubing all of my amps. They all sound so good but so loud, but thats where they sound the best. But I keep going back to the thu and 20th anniversary plugs. They are so amazing. And Nembrini as well. Now the silverface rig, I definitely think they nailed these two amp rigs. I was comparing my 57 champ clone to the silverface and they can get real close with the rig obviously having more options but man they both sound great especially with my strat plus. Very chimey and clear sounding. The bandmaster and my 67 bassman again both so good it's really great to have that sound in a rig where you can control the volume and still have it smoking. The grit and grind on these rigs are also amazing. I played them with my strat plus, my d Angelico with humbuckers, and my sx tele. The strat plus bridge pu being my favorite. Humbuckers drive everything a little harder which is cool but you kind of lose a little of the bell tone. The tele was a little too raunchy for me but still cool. Used to think somewhat poorly of silverfaces but I actually think I prefer them a little to some of the other fender rigs. Could be the new car smell.

We are not only talking about amp models, but various configurations, from different companies. It's amazing that we get so many "presets" even from a sound design perspective.

• If people cannot find presets that blow their minds, they are doing something wrong.

• @Schmotown said:
    Did anyone get the new LRS Silverface bundle? If so, how do you like it? It's been awhile since I spent money on any TH-U rigs but this one is really tempting.

I wanted to get Silverface bundle. But my problem is that I have a lot of rigs but I don’t use any of theses ones. So I decided to skip this one.

• edited April 2021

@Kranick said:

@Schmotown said:
    Did anyone get the new LRS Silverface bundle? If so, how do you like it? It's been awhile since I spent money on any TH-U rigs but this one is really tempting.

I wanted to get Silverface bundle. But my problem is that I have a lot of rigs but I don’t use any of theses ones. So I decided to skip this one.

The rigs I already have are the amps I would prefer to have in real life. Of course I would love to hear these, but I am happy with the twin, vibro, Bassman

• Wow, finally got through this epic thread and it feels like I finally finished "Breaking Bad," like, four years after everybody else. It's quite a journey, and I learned a LOT.

In essence: THU Bundles are great fun, especially the Funk and R&B pack; unless you know exactly what you want, do not go a la carte, definitely buy the whole lot when it's on sale. But even then, the REAL stuff is in the rigs. (There's also a graduate-level seminar on IR loaders that I still have to take to fully understand that aspect.)

The one last question I have: If I buy the Fender Twin rig, for example: Does it come with the pedals mentioned in the description, which would then be available for use with other rigs or amp sims? Or are those only used in certain baked-in presets?

• edited April 2021

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Wow, finally got through this epic thread and it feels like I finally finished "Breaking Bad," like, four years after everybody else. It's quite a journey, and I learned a LOT.

In essence: THU Bundles are great fun, especially the Funk and R&B pack; unless you know exactly what you want, do not go a la carte, definitely buy the whole lot when it's on sale. But even then, the REAL stuff is in the rigs. (There's also a graduate-level seminar on IR loaders that I still have to take to fully understand that aspect.)

The one last question I have: If I buy the Fender Twin rig, for example: Does it come with the pedals mentioned in the description, which would then be available for use with other rigs or amp sims? Or are those only used in certain baked-in presets?

It is totally confusing, I know! The pedals in the rig description are all baked into specific profiles within that rig. They’re not available as emulations or standalone pedals. You will notice they’re all real world boost/od and distortion pedals, to simply drive the front end of a profile. In the actual pdf list for the twin rig, you will notice that each profile that uses a baked in pedal will list it (TS9, shiba, etc..). Some of the rigs have really cool baked in pedals, like the grid slammer.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/Overloud/Rig+Libs/Choptones+Fend+Twin65/Choptones+Fend+Twin65+Rig+List.pdf

Separately from that, the preset bank each rig uses the pedal sims, and you’re encouraged to use a rig profile with the pedal sims collection. It sounds great together, on top of the rig pedals that may or may not be baked in.

• Haha.
    I think I'm getting this. First question: The pedals that are part of each rig (which is really just a butch name for a preset, right?); can I adjust the knobs on them with that rig?

Or is that what you mean by "encouraged to use a rig profile with the pedal sims" — meaning I can't adjust them in the rigs unless I already bought the pedal bundle?

• edited April 2021

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Haha.
    I think I'm getting this. First question: The pedals that are part of each rig (which is really just a butch name for a preset, right?); can I adjust the knobs on them with that rig?

Or is that what you mean by "encouraged to use a rig profile with the pedal sims" — meaning I can't adjust them in the rigs unless I already bought the pedal bundle?

A Rig of a specific amp is a collection of profiles of that real life amp in a plethora of different settings. Overloud calls them “rigs”, but the hundred or so “rigs” that come with a Rig are more like Kemper “profiles”. So each Rig has a hundred or two hundred “rigs”. The amp rig profiles are captured using cabinets, mics, and boost pedals that are listed in the description for each rig. They are baked in to certain profiles and can’t be adjusted. The “Rig Player” is just an all purpose amp face which loads any rig profile, and you can use all of those knobs to adjust parameters on each pre existing profile. There are no knobs for baked in pedals. The pedals are just used to capture that specific profile, so if you’re adjusting the “gain” knob on the rig player you’re adjusting the gain level on that profile or the amp, not the pedal. The Rig Player doesn’t have “reverb” knob for the twin reverb, or a tremolo knob for the tremolux rig. It’s a more all purpose amp face that can load any rig. So each of the rig profiles inside a rig is meant to be used as presented, but you can of course tweak the knobs as you want. I just don’t see the need if rig already comes with a hundred or more curated profiles. We don’t know exactly how much gain was used on a baked in pedal, or how the reverb knob is on the twin for profile number 43 or whatever.

Then there’s a dedicated preset bank for each rig, and there you will find rig profiles paired with the free pedals from the sim collection. And if you have the full pack, or any of the other bundles, You can use whichever pedal sims you own with the rigs. This is not related to boost pedals baked into the profiles.

• edited April 2021

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Haha.

Nope, that’s why half the rig files are useless to me. None of the overdriven or distorted files sounds good with either tele (single coil nor Tele Deluxe humbuckers). Too much eq’ing required. I prefer the sims and cabs (or my own IRs instead of the cab ‘mikes’). I’m glad I realized this before I went completely down the rig rabbit hole at $25 a pop.

Your mileage may vary, but don’t ignore the sims before getting into the rig packs.

Oh and get the Symphonic 90 if you’re a chorus fan. It’s $15 standalone but worth it, or it also comes with the $25 BHS Metlx rig pack.

• @oat_phipps said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Haha.

Nope, that’s why half the rig files are useless to me. None of the overdriven or distorted files sounds good with either tele (single coil nor Tele Deluxe humbuckers). Too much eq’ing required. I prefer the sims and cabs (or my own IRs instead of the cab ‘mikes’). I’m glad I realized this before I went completely down the rig rabbit hole at $25 a pop.

Your mileage may vary, but don’t ignore the sims before getting into the rig packs.

Oh and get the Symphonic 90 if you’re a chorus fan. It’s $15 standalone but worth it, or it also comes with the $25 BHS Metlx rig pack.

Could you please clarify for me which sims/cabs irs you prefer ? Thanks

• @oat_phipps said:

..l.l.l

.........l

Just in case folks don’t know, you can use your own IRs with the rigs and sims,there is an IR loader in TH-U built into the cabinets that can be used instead of their cabinet/mic simulators.

Sims vs the rigs seems to be a very much YMMV sort of thing.

• @espiegel123 said:

@oat_phipps said:

..l.l.l

.........l

Just in case folks don’t know, you can use your own IRs with the rigs and sims,there is an IR loader in TH-U built into the cabinets that can be used instead of their cabinet/mic simulators.

I tried loading some irs in mine but I got a bit lost and it didn't seem to be working properly...... it didnt seem to change the tone much like I expected

• @Richiez1970 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@oat_phipps said:

..l.l.l

.........l

I tried loading some irs in mine but I got a bit lost and it didn't seem to be working properly...... it didnt seem to change the tone much like I expected

Something must not have been set up quite right. I and a few others get the same result as when using an external IR loader...but you need to make sure that the features like the low pass filter haven’t been turned on. There was a bug in TH-U that would cause the LPF to be turned on in some cases where it shouldn’t have been.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Richiez1970 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@oat_phipps said:

..l.l.l

.........l

Something must not have been set up quite right. I and a few others get the same result as when using an external IR loader...but you need to make sure that the features like the low pass filter haven’t been turned on. There was a bug in TH-U that would cause the LPF to be turned on in some cases where it shouldn’t have been.

agree, I need to revisit it and check, I have been using thu in AUM with mixbox effects and thafnr ir loader and it sounds amazing

• @Richiez1970 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Richiez1970 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@oat_phipps said:

..l.l.l

.........l

agree, I need to revisit it and check, I have been using thu in AUM with mixbox effects and thafnr ir loader and it sounds amazing

@JoyceRoadStudios and I compared to THAFKNAR (which I love) and the sound is identical as long as you make sure the LPF is turned off.

• @Richiez1970 said:

@oat_phipps said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Haha.

Could you please clarify for me which sims/cabs irs you prefer ? Thanks

I mostly use the Marcus II clean and lead amps (Mesa/Boogie Mark II) into a 4x12 tweed Alnico cabinet. I never get tired of the sound, and It gets me closest to that early to mid Prince tone, both clean and distorted (the latter achieved with a Blues Driver running into either a DS1 or Brunetti distortion.) If you want to buy one of the amp bundles, get the Funk one first for sure.

I use Ownhammer IRs. The Revolution bundle is a perfect starter pack as it has a nice collection that includes Fender, Vox, Marshall, Orange, and Mesa cabs.

https://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=449