Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen just died

A moment of silence for my fallen comrade - my Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen. No really, a moment of silence because there’s no audio at all, no lights, no nothing! Dead in the water... was working fine a day or two ago and now nothing. :(

I just opened a “support ticket” sigh (I hate doing these!) probably going to have to get a warranty replacement as this unit is not that old at all.

Comments

• The day the music died...

Good luck I hope they treat you well...

• @lsd87 said:
    The day the music died...

Good luck I hope they treat you well...

Thanks. I just got off the phone with Focusrite/Novation in California, and yes, they were very helpful. They’re going to replace the interface. Sad part is, now I have to wait for them to send me their shipping label to send this one back first. Then wait on the new one.

I guess I can always use my iRig interface for the time being, if I just have to record something.

• @Intrepolicious, I was looking at a Scarlett AI... maybe will return to Steinberg UR22.

• edited September 2020

must ave gotten a dud, think they are good... OR you got a static discharge ( i killed a MOTU once port died deff static)
    BTW why not just print the return shipping label from email

• I'm happy with my Focusrite stuff, always been... but I think swapping UR22 for Scarlett is a step back sound wise. Somehow UR serie imo outstands competition on I/O. @LinearLineman

• @0tolerance4silence, not quite sure what you mean. Scarlett better on sound and UR better on connectivity?

• edited September 2020

@LinearLineman said:
    @0tolerance4silence, not quite sure what you mean. Scarlett better on sound and UR better on connectivity?

The quality of I/O - audio quality, recording and monitoring - in UR interfaces is better than Scarlett.
    Scarlett is great for latency, especially their latest stuff (2nd, 3rd gen).

Edit: *low latency :D

• @0tolerance4silence ... got it. Do the Scarletts connect to a Pro2. Or just the 2018 Pro?

• anything with C

• @LinearLineman said:
    @0tolerance4silence ... got it. Do the Scarletts connect to a Pro2. Or just the 2018 Pro?

You should be able to connect anything to anything with the right dongle. You can connect 3rd gen Scarlett directly with usb-c, but in practice you'll still need a dongle to hook up other things.

• @noob said:
    must ave gotten a dud, think they are good... OR you got a static discharge ( i killed a MOTU once port died deff static)
    BTW why not just print the return shipping label from email

It worked great for a little over a year. It’s got a 3 year warranty. I have to email them this form with a copy of my original receipt before they’ll email me back the shipping label for the RMA.

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @0tolerance4silence ... got it. Do the Scarletts connect to a Pro2. Or just the 2018 Pro?

You should be able to connect anything to anything with the right dongle. You can connect 3rd gen Scarlett directly with usb-c, but in practice you'll still need a dongle to hook up other things.

This^ a USB-C hub is the way to go with the USB-C equipped iPad Pros.