Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sandisk extreme 1tb ssd ipad/files app compatibility?

Costco is offering this for $140 USD right now. Has anyone tried this with the ipad (pro) via the files app?

Comments

• I use it all the time. Think about how you want to reformat it with disk utility on the Mac before you use it.

I have both the 500 Gig and TB, and plan on buying another one as a time machine backup.

TL;DR Great for iPad and Mac.

• $140 seems steep though. Seen them for $110-$120 at Costco

• If it comes formatted with NTFS by default, you’re gonna have to reformat it to something compatible.

• thx guys...

@ipadbeatmaking : The current Amazon price is $151. I've seen other ads for the $139 price. Maybe it was on sale for less at Costco at some point.

@wim : I'd prefer FAT, but there's a max file size limit on FAT drives. I can't remember the proper one, but I DID format a regular USB drive for the iPad at some point. It shouldn't be hard to figure out. I have an old iMac here and I can do it there.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    I use it all the time. Think about how you want to reformat it with disk utility on the Mac before you use it.

I have both the 500 Gig and TB, and plan on buying another one as a time machine backup.

TL;DR Great for iPad and Mac.

OK, I bought it... Looks like there are two variables, the format and whether it requires external power. Right now, formatted to an exFAT drive, it only shows up on my iPad Pro if I supply power. Is that your experience? It shows up when it's formatted as either exFAT or journalled, but only if I'm using the USB adapter with external power.