Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Boss br-800. iPad compatible?.

Found a used Boss BR-800 for a good price.
Does anyone know if it’s compatible with the iPad as audio interface?.
Also, how does it compare to the Zoom R8?. Boss has 4 inputs vs 2 on the Zoom...
I’m trying to hold back from the Tascam model 12 until I know if I need a multitrack recorder ...
Cheers!

Comments

• I used to have one.

Main problem with Boss/Roland is (or used to be) they never bothered to make their stuff class compliant.

Nice as a standalone but I got fed up with it and sold it.

• @Jocphone said:
    I used to have one.

Main problem with Boss/Roland is (or used to be) they never bothered to make their stuff class compliant.

That’s a NO, I gather. Bummer.

• No USB. Only thing you can do is line out.
    USB works with a computer, but not IOS

• Motu M4 or Zoom H6 look far more interesting to me.

• The br 800 has four track simultaneous record 😛 impressive for a recorder in that price range.

• @tahiche said:

@Jocphone said:
    I used to have one.

That’s a NO, I gather. Bummer.

The main problem in my case was that it wouldn’t sync with anything on the ipad.

@robosardine said:
    The br 800 has four track simultaneous record 😛 impressive for a recorder in that price range.

There’s definitely a lot to like about the BR-800 as a standalone song writing tool. The effects and drums were pretty good too.

• edited September 2020

I have a BR80, the step up from the original BR! I like it, it’s small, you can mix, master to your hearts content, great fun and sounds great! The mastering sounds good too! I even tried taking the headphone out of the Ipad and mastering the song in the little BR 80, convert to Wav and the result was a louder more natural sound than the usual export routes! Still in its original box with manual and works perfectly! Must be ten or more years old! I recommend it as a fly on the wall type of recorder, so easy just to set it up get a drum pattern going and plug in, sit on your chair and work the song out type of situation. Much better in my opinion than a phone! Your mileage may vary!
    Edit/ micro Br series!