Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A Swift Sprint thru Eventide's Undulator for iPad & iPhone - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

This time, I'm back with more Eventide-y goodness!

Comments

• Thanks, @Daveypoo - much appreciated. I bought this one and then got a bit baffled by the controls. I feel better now about having another look!

I think I expect to dislike most of what these Eventide things do but want a small bit of them to be really, really special. Or something.

• @qryss said:
    Thanks, @Daveypoo - much appreciated. I bought this one and then got a bit baffled by the controls. I feel better now about having another look!

I think I expect to dislike most of what these Eventide things do but want a small bit of them to be really, really special. Or something.

I understand - so many of the Eventide releases have been specialty tools, it's understandable that you may not have a use-case for them all. Undulator comes up a bit short for me as there are two things that I wish they'd change:

1) Undulator only applies tremolo to the repeats, not the incoming signal. This means that you cannot use it as a standard tremolo unit.

2) There is a gap between the incoming signal and the initial repeat and there's no way to set the amount of time it takes for the effected repeats to fade in.

I rarely see such glaring omissions with Eventide apps, so I'm surprised. If they fixed these, this would be a sure-fire winner for me.

• Thanks @Daveypoo for your great exploratory videos and responses!