Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ASK THE ARTIST: @SpiderIceMidas

Comments

• @audiblevideo ELOyd might just make it as a preset name in a future sound bank! Nice one!

Idk what it is about ELO, but I find their sound and style irresistably and instantly uplifting and positive, actually genuinely cleansing, in fact. It just begs to be cranked up as far as the speakers can handle. You just cannot listen to ELO without breaking into a smile, no matter how low your mood at first. Obviously there is the big synth element to it, but for me it’s also whatever wizardry they did to the drum kit to make it sound so huge and wide! It’s unique and unmistakable, that ELO drum sound. Idk, obviously reverb, but maybe some multitracking and stereo widening fx? The snares and toms always sound gigantic like a whole army of drummers playing. It’s the recording and engineering techniques that intrigue me about ELO.

• @McD said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    You guys are killing me!

Sorry. I'll let you catch your breathe. Try this chant:

"Aum, many pads in Aum."

Works for me.

Thanks! Needed that! 🤣

• Loved the @Spidericemidas story.

Is there a philosophical reason that you don’t sell your music? I’m sure a lot of us here would love to get it in full quality on Bandcamp etc.

• @richardyot said:
    I love the @Spidericemidas origin story!

+1 that was a real pleasure to read

• @AtticusL said:
    Loved the @Spidericemidas story.

Is there a philosophical reason that you don’t sell your music? I’m sure a lot of us here would love to get it in full quality on Bandcamp etc.

I think, as they are, the tracks could still benefit from further tightening (some are way too long), and actual mastering as well to get all tracks levelled out and consistent, as none of them have had any final mastering done on them at all. I think it’s quite difficult to mix and master something that will sound reasonable in various formats and played on various equipment. I mean, the difference between what comes out of a puny iPhone or computer to what comes out of a proper decent home stereo system is too enormous to cater to both those extremes as very possible listening platforms. Without those professional refinements, I could not expect anyone to part with cash for copies.

Heh. I did actually look at Bandcamp a long time ago. Created an account. Absolutely confusing and over-complicated. Two accounts as a creator and a fan, or something? Couldn’t figure out what was going on. Deleted my account entirely after a few hours of head scratching and frustration. Then at a later date, it wouldn’t let me try again to have another go at creating an account with the same user name I had before (even after deletion??).
    I must have some kind of account still open on there, though, as I can at least manage to purchase downloads from other creators. Lol. 🤯🤪🤦‍♂️

• @McD LOL. What have you been up to here again while I was asleep? 🤣🤣

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

@Spidericemidas said:
    @McD LOL. What have you been up to here again while I was asleep? 🤣🤣

Is this the real @Spider_Man_Ice_Monster or am I being Catfished.
    I have a question: Boxers or briefs?

(You gotta let the jewels breathe).

• @McD said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    @McD LOL. What have you been up to here again while I was asleep? 🤣🤣

Is this the real @Spider_Man_Ice_Monster or am I being Catfished.
    I have a question: Boxers or briefs?

(You gotta let the jewels breathe).

Commando! 👊🤣👍

• Why are you called @SpiderIceMidas? (It's trick question since you've answered it before on the forum).

You’d have to ask my mate about that, as he came up with that label during one of his ‘altered states’!

Apparantly, according to him, I weave a lot of things together in a cool calm aloof manner, which usually turn out gold when I turn my hand to them.

The name had a nice ring to it anyway, so I kept it ever since! 😉

• All that talk about similar parents and the challenges of mastering your tracks and why you don't release them and how confusing Bandcamp can be and getting kicked out of your account and...I still thought you might be me, but..."COMMANDO?!" That proves otherwise, I am 100% a boxer-briefs man. :lol:

• Rats, I just realized I would make that same joke... :flushed: :naughty:

• Good memories @Spidericemidas. A great teacher can do so much to set you on a path of discovery.

• @Spidericemidas - Mastering? MASTERING?! Haven’t you heard... just use the Tripleband preset in BarkFilter and let us buy those tracks!

• @AtticusL said:
    @Spidericemidas - Mastering? MASTERING?! Haven’t you heard... just use the Tripleband preset in BarkFilter and let us buy those tracks!

Thanks for the tip! I’ll look up that app and give it a go and see what I think of the results. Cheers! 😊🙏

• @gusgranite said:
    Good memories @Spidericemidas. A great teacher can do so much to set you on a path of discovery.

He was pretty rad to go for an MS10 for middle school music lessons. Middle school in UK was from age 11 to 13! We used to use the MS10 for basslines in music class. I remember feeling like a prog rock star getting my turn on it when everyone else had to play along with tambourines and triangles. Lol. Another thing I remember was that music teacher did lessons where we listened to a record and then had to discuss its content and composition. To my delight, DSOTM was one of those lessons! 😙👌

• Very boring question here, compared to McDs underwear gem Spider...what would your number one choice of 'desert island iOS synth be and why?

• @oddSTAR said:
    Rats, I just realized I would make that same joke... :flushed: :naughty:

I’m not saying if I was joking or not...🤣🤫

• @McD said:
    Why are you called @SpiderIceMidas? (It's trick question since you've answered it before on the forum).

You’d have to ask my mate about that, as he came up with that label during one of his ‘altered states’!

Apparantly, according to him, I weave a lot of things together in a cool calm aloof manner, which usually turn out gold when I turn my hand to them.

OMG @McD how on earth did you manage to find and pull that out of the enormous catalogue of thread history on the forum? This is Orwellian Big Brother stuff! Lmao! 🤣

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

@Spidericemidas said:
    OMG @McD how on earth did you manage to find and pull that out of the enormous catalogue of thread history on the forum? This is Orwellian Big Brother stuff! Lmao! 🤣

True story. I was PM'ing the @Lady_App_titude and she said she liked the thread but was upset that you did NOT explain your name. I wrote:

He explained it once before on the forum. I'll look for it and add it to his "Origin" details.
    or maybe ask him to tell it again if I can't find it.

So, I started using the "Search Box" to find your text and I found it! On a @Lady_App_titude thread. So, I wrote back with my status on the search:

She asked:

Spidericemidas! Is Ice Midas like King Midas, only everything he touches turns to ice? Eight legs at a time too, I imagine! :D

Where you wrote:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. People ask me about my handle and I usually tell them it stands for M.c. Dickhead. The lil' c is a veiled reference to my equipment... I had a small rig.

I have a mind like an Elephant but not the trunk.

• @Gavinski said:
    Very boring question here, compared to McDs underwear gem Spider...what would your number one choice of 'desert island iOS synth be and why?

[instant response, no thought required] miRack. miRack. miRack. Because it offers endless possibilities. Because it demands 100% user construction and sound design. Because it forces creativity from the user. Because pure modular is the ultimate challenge in sound design and music making. Because I’ve wanted to get into the modular hardware market for so long but it’s insanely expessive. Because it is full of surprises and happy accidents every time I boot it up and dive in. An endless sonic adventure.

But would miRack be categorised strictly as a “synth”? Although it is more than that. I guess so. But if miRack is not included, if it had to be just an already complete pre-constructed synth, then I would have to say LayR. Because it produces the nicest richest tones I’ve ever heard among the 70+ synths sitting on my iPad. Because the sound design possibilities are enormous with almost unlimited instances of itself stacked up within itself, only limited by the power of the device it resides in. Because of the powerful sequencer. Because of the quality of the onboard delay and reverb. Because it has the most ridiculous longest envelope times available on any synth I know, allowing incredibly long time-based evolutions of sound scaping.

Either miRack or LayR would keep me challenged and occupied if stranded for life on a dessert island. 😉👌

• @McD said:

@Spidericemidas said:

True story. I was PM'ing the @Lady_App_titude and she said she liked the thread but was upset that you did NOT explain your name. I wrote:

He explained it once before on the forum. I'll look for it and add it to his "Origin" details.
    or maybe ask him to tell it again if I can't find it.

So, I started using the "Search Box" to find your text and I found it! On a @Lady_App_titude thread. So, I wrote back with my status on the search:

She asked:

Spidericemidas! Is Ice Midas like King Midas, only everything he touches turns to ice? Eight legs at a time too, I imagine! :D

Where you wrote:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. People ask me about my handle and I usually tell them it stands for M.c. Dickhead. The lil' c is a veiled reference to my equipment... I had a small rig.

I have a mind like an Elephant but not the trunk.

Whoa! I feel like Mr. Anderson sat in front of Agent Smith! Next you will be telling me that you know I take the garbage out for my landlady every week, or something. Hahaha! That’s awesome. Now I remember that @Lady_App_titude thread! I never realised the forum retained threads after so much time! Btw, your humour and double entendre would fit right in over here in the UK! You’re a natural! Love it. Much welcomed and appreciated in the current dark and trying times. 👍🇬🇧

• I can't find the @Spidericemidas LayR Presets. Help! I must have them ASAP.

• @Spidericemidas, I can appreciate how Jeff Wayne’s War Of The Worlds impressed you, especially at a young age. It blew me away at age 70 when I first stumbled across it.

The video version with Richard Burton narrating on YouTube is fantastic. Eight analog synths, string section, rock band and more. It is a bit retro, but so is the H.G. Wells’ story. Forum members: THIS IS A MUST SEE!

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Much welcomed and appreciated in the current dark and trying times. 👍🇬🇧

It was a dark and trying time... and mimsy were the borogoves.

Well, I've never been to england
    But I kind of like the Beatles
    So I headed for Las Vegas
    Only made it out to needles.

I have driven through Needles over 40 times on the way to Arizona.
    If it didn't rhyme with Beatles it wouldn't have ever been documented. Small
    little town in the Mojave near Death Valley. Charming.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@Gavinski said:
    Very boring question here, compared to McDs underwear gem Spider...what would your number one choice of 'desert island iOS synth be and why?

[instant response, no thought required] miRack. miRack. miRack. Because it offers endless possibilities. Because it demands 100% user construction and sound design. Because it forces creativity from the user. Because pure modular is the ultimate challenge in sound design and music making. Because I’ve wanted to get into the modular hardware market for so long but it’s insanely expessive. Because it is full of surprises and happy accidents every time I boot it up and dive in. An endless sonic adventure.

But would miRack be categorised strictly as a “synth”? Although it is more than that. I guess so. But if miRack is not included, if it had to be just an already complete pre-constructed synth, then I would have to say LayR. Because it produces the nicest richest tones I’ve ever heard among the 70+ synths sitting on my iPad. Because the sound design possibilities are enormous with almost unlimited instances of itself stacked up within itself, only limited by the power of the device it resides in. Because of the powerful sequencer. Because of the quality of the onboard delay and reverb. Because it has the most ridiculous longest envelope times available on any synth I know, allowing incredibly long time-based evolutions of sound scaping.

Either miRack or LayR would keep me challenged and occupied if stranded for life on a dessert island. 😉👌

Thanks Spider. Definitely seems all roads point to Mirack! I've so far been put off by how time consuming it would be because I've already got a bunch of apps I bought but haven't taken the time to learn how to use properly. Like LayR, 😂 😂 😂. Must dig that manual out.

• There was a LayR Patch fest in 2018 resulting in this collection:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yka0rnw0x98c9iy/DCJ_AB_Forum_Vol_1.layrbank?dl=0

• @McD said:
    I can't find the @Spidericemidas LayR Presets. Help! I must have them ASAP.

🤣
    ya man where’s these presets ... do me and @McD need to kidnap you and drop you off on a desert island??? or are you going to willing create these??? 😈😎😈😎

• Great thread @McD great story and patches @Spidericemidas . Cant wait for those desert island MiRack patches. Off to explore those sunrizer patches. Id love Sunrizer’s sounds and would love to be able to make patches in It but it’s a incomprehensible synth for me.

• edited September 2020

@McD said:
    There was a LayR Patch fest in 2018 resulting in this collection:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yka0rnw0x98c9iy/DCJ_AB_Forum_Vol_1.layrbank?dl=0

Really? Wow! Somehow I missed that! Thanks very much! The Forum collab on Zeeon was fantastic. A few of us tried to start something for Bleass Alpha here but the import/export is a bit too tricky for my poor brain. 😅