Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Listen to Two Apps at Once

Is there a way to listen two multiple non-AU apps at once? For example, I have a noise generator app that makes rain and thunder sounds. I’d like to be able to listen to that while also listening to Spotify. Any way to make that happen?

Comments

• tjatja
    edited August 2020

@DukeWonder said:
    Is there a way to listen two multiple non-AU apps at once? For example, I have a noise generator app that makes rain and thunder sounds. I’d like to be able to listen to that while also listening to Spotify. Any way to make that happen?

Add Amplifind into to any DAW, AUM or AudioBus, start Spotify in Amplifind and then add other stuff in the host.

Should do the trick, i did not test

• You need to turn background audio on in the apps’ settings.

• So these aren’t instruments apps, want to clarify. Trying to bypass the standard iPhone process that only lets you listen to one app at a time.

• @DukeWonder said:
    So these aren’t instruments apps, want to clarify. Trying to bypass the standard iPhone process that only lets you listen to one app at a time.

Read and test what i wrote.

• @tja said:

@DukeWonder said:
    So these aren’t instruments apps, want to clarify. Trying to bypass the standard iPhone process that only lets you listen to one app at a time.

Was hoping to avoid buying an app but I might need to give it a try. Does this also allow me to sample music directly into my DAW?

• @DukeWonder said:

@tja said:

@DukeWonder said:

Was hoping to avoid buying an app but I might need to give it a try. Does this also allow me to sample music directly into my DAW?

It used to.
    Therefor i was recommending it.

But.

I always think, people have most Apps.
    If you don't already have it, i tried to test it for you... and ran into problems:

I cannot get it to play from Spotify, neither alone nor in AUM.

I also tried to re-login into Spotify, but still nothing.

So my recommendation may be absolute, when Spotify cannot be played anymore from Amplifind.

https://apps.apple.com/app/amplifind-music-player-and-visualizer/id705587544

• I’ve wanted this feature across all apps for so long I’d almost forgotten it.

• I feel ya. So many times I've longed to mix the best thunderstorm with the best air conditioner and cicadas