Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why ge labs is still to this day,my favourite amp sim.

edited August 2020 in Creations

Ge labs is really the app that is the closet to what you feel when plyaing a real tube amp.
It’s not only about the sound,but also about how you feel it.
Their sampled preamps are really,really amazing.
Still more accurate than overloud’s ones (that sound really good).
There is something magical with this app.
The frequency range is really good and sounds real.
In this demo,i use it with overloud as a pedal loader.
Top app for me!!

Comments

• @flo26 said:
    Ge labs is really the app that is the closet to what you feel when plyaing a real tube amp.
    Top app for me!!

@flo26, do you use ge labs in AUM? Everytime I try it in aum it works great for 3 or 4 minutes then it goes into a very loud death buzz. Everytime! It works fine in standalone.

• edited August 2020

@Bootsy said:

@flo26 said:
    Top app for me!!

@flo26, do you use ge labs in AUM? Everytime I try it in aum it works great for 3 or 4 minutes then it goes into a very loud death buzz. Everytime! It works fine in standalone.

Turn on high(measurement) mode in AUM

• edited August 2020

I also haven’t been able to get Ge Labs to work outside of standalone but I will try again. Whenever I loaded it into aum or a daw it instantly had a loud distorted crackle before even playing a note. Probably something I’m missing in the parameters but it’s definitely been a roadblock for to me in terms of using this app. I remember turning it on for the first time and being absolutely amazed by the sound, feel, and frequency range.

@flo26 I completely get your excitement about Ge Labs, it is really amazing, and your playing and mastery of your set up is amazing. I think it is a matter of taste. I agree the feel is great, but to my ears the frequency range of the amps is better than the actual sound. It sounds really agreeable and ready to mix and record, but slightly clinical or digital. I don’t know what it is exactly, but it sounds like a frequency crafted guitar for DAW rather than an amp blaring in a room. Ge Labs sounds like a way better version of Bias, they share tonal similarities. Overloud and Nembrini sound more analog to me and behave more wildly like a live amp. I think you are right to have your personal preferences, and please don’t crucify me for mine. I look forward to making Ge Labs part of my main rig as I figure it out. And as always thank you for your incredible artistry.

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:
    I also haven’t been able to get Ge Labs to work outside of standalone but I will try again. Whenever I loaded it into aum or a daw it instantly had a loud distorted crackle before even playing a note. Probably something I’m missing in the parameters but it’s definitely been a roadblock for to me in terms of using this app. I remember turning it on for the first time and being absolutely amazed by the sound, feel, and frequency range.

@flo26 I completely get your excitement about Ge Labs, it is really amazing, and your playing and mastery of your set up is amazing. I think it is a matter of taste. I agree the feel is great, but to my ears the frequency range of the amps is better than the actual sound. It sounds really agreeable and ready to mix and record, but slightly clinical or digital. I don’t know what it is exactly, but it sounds like a frequency crafted guitar for DAW rather than an amp blaring in a room. Ge Labs sounds like a way better version of Bias, they share tonal similarities. Overloud and Nembrini sound more analog to me and behave more wildly like a live amp. I think you are right to have your personal preferences, and please don’t crucify me for mine. I look forward to making Ge Labs part of my main rig as I figure out. And as always thank you for your incredible artistry.

Here is a tip for using ge labs in AUM that ALWAYS works for me:load ge labs in aum,unload it right away,but keep it in the background,then reload it...You’ll then be able to use it for hours an hours.
    Didn’t i already talk about that?
    Tha fact is all these app sound great.All the rest is really a matter of taste😉.
    Thanks A LOT for your kind words.
    Flo

• Thanks @AlphaNomad! That seemed to work. I also updated to latest iOS so that may have helped also. One more question is there a way in aum for it not to be full screen? Pain in the butt having to go home and reopen aum everytime.

• @flo26 said:
    Here is a tip for using ge labs in AUM that ALWAYS works for me:load ge labs in aum,unload it right away,but keep it in the background,then reload it...You’ll then be able to use it for hours an hours.
    Tha fact is all these app sound great.All the rest is really a matter of taste😉.
    Flo

I must have missed that, thanks for the tip! That’s really great!

I really understand why you love it, there’s a sort of Dire Straits ready-to-mix quality in the sound, and the pricing model is hard to beat.

How is your guitar so in tune? Evertune bridge or something else?

• edited August 2020

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@flo26 said:
    Flo

I must have missed that, thanks for the tip! That’s really great!

I really understand why you love it, there’s a sort of Dire Straits ready-to-mix quality in the sound, and the pricing model is hard to beat.

That’s funny because i’ve set-up my guitar two days ago because i thought it was really bad😉.
    I think i compensate when needed😉.
    I’m extremely sensitive to tuning.

• @flo26 said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

That’s funny because i’ve set-up my guitar two days ago because i thought it was really bad😉.
    I think i compensate when needed😉.
    I’m extremely sensitive to tuning.

It’s almost too much in tune, if there is such a thing! Even a well tuned guitar will have the wave frequencies of string intervals shaking just a little as the chord compensates all together, but yours is so in tune the frequencies are basically straight. It’s part of your signature style and sound in these demos I think. I really appreciate that, I don’t even bother playing or recording until the intonation is perfect. I’ve played for 25 years but my actual profession is classical singing, and the most important thing as a singer is intonation and color.

I love that your playing leads with tone color and style and interesting but accessible progressions, instead of the “look at how fast I can play this scale” Instagram guitarists. That’s so boring. Your playing sounds like records gone platinum!

• Thanks @flo26 ! I'll certainly give it more of a look given your high praise of it (and knowing that you have a great ear for those things, AND have compared it to Overloud, Nembrini, etc.

GELabs is 100% function and free without paying a penny for it except the inability to save presets, right? That's pretty a pretty amazing "demo" version, haha. It's a crazy pricing structure - it's $3 to save one preset and $25 to save TEN presets, but you get dozens upon dozens of amp and effects models for absolute free. Disheartening to hear that it's not working great in AUM, though, that would defeat a lot of the purpose of using it.

The Mooer stuff in hardware guitar pedals always punched well above its price point (mostly because they were just doing clones of other people's circuitry in little Hammond 1590A boxes. But the GE200/300 were interesting because they were basically taking a run and making their own Helix. I have an HX Stomp, and have not tried the GE200 or 300, but heard mostly good things.

• @StormJH1 i think it's working great now! Either with flo's workaround or turning on the high quality switch in AUM settings. I had it going for hours without an issue. As much as I love thu overloud I really like just turning the knobs on the amps and pedals in ge labs.

• Yep, GElabs is my favourite virtual amps I've ever used. Even the pedals/fx seem a lot more convincing to me.

• @AlphaNomad said:

it goes into a very loud death buzz. Everytime! It works fine in standalone.

Turn on high(measurement) mode in AUM

How exactly do you turn on "high (measurement) mode" in AUM???

• Am I'm right?!?!?! 🤓

• @SNystrom said:

Am I'm right?!?!?! 🤓

Yup!

• I have started getting cracking sounds whenever I am engaging GELabs in AUM. "High Quality" mode in AUM is already turned on. Background mode in GELabs also on. I have reinstalled GELabs after recent iPadOS is 14.7.1 upgrade... Still no luck...
    Any suggestion please??

• NOTE: @flo26 posted this in August of 2020. Since then he has posted maybe a dozen
    OverLoud TH-U videos with a lot of Rib Library products. The benefits of AUv3 over IAA are also an important "quality" of an Amp Sim for the better User Interface integration into a DAW.

Still, the pricing model of GE Labs is great... free to use any amp, FX or cab and you need to pay to save configs into slots. Just be prepared to build a config anytime you want to play.
    You can get pretty fast at it and have a basically free Amp Sim that sounds great.

• @sujoybose77 said:
    I have started getting cracking sounds whenever I am engaging GELabs in AUM. "High Quality" mode in AUM is already turned on. Background mode in GELabs also on. I have reinstalled GELabs after recent iPadOS is 14.7.1 upgrade... Still no luck...
    Any suggestion please??

Try switching AUM sample rate to 44.1 (or 88.2). In my experience GeLabs seems to have a default sample rate of 44.1, and it crackles and crashes when the host or daw is set at 48/96kHz. Try 44.1 in the host, maybe that will help.

• edited February 2022

Does anyone still use this?
    I downloaded it to my new iPad but when I try to download stuff from the cloud, particularly
    The stuff from their own engineer Seth I get download failed!

• Flo lives on!

• @WigWamBam said:
    I downloaded it to my new iPad but when I try to download stuff from the cloud, particularly

Problem with your ad blocker, maybe?

• edited February 2022

@uncledave said:

@WigWamBam said:

Problem with your ad blocker, maybe?

No I don’t have any sort of blocker on. The weird thing is I can download some things fine.