Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

7XWAVE Sample Synth Sequencer — Rob Wilmot

edited September 2020 in General App Discussion

7XWAVE Sample Synth Sequencer

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/2j/qf37q8y9z33o.png

https://apps.apple.com/de/app/7xwave-sample-synth-sequencer/id1500808329

7Xwave - a 7 track sample sequencer with synthesiser & animatable modulation features.
So many sound manipulation possibilities can be had with this whether its a funky electro backing track or crazy glitch effects.
Each track adjustable up to 64 steps.
Choose a sample, tweak the sound using envelopes and filters.
Add effects to each sound, pan, level, sample start, length pitch & filter.
Lock track parameter dials to a step or record dial movements in real time.
Export recorded loops or route audio into Audiobus or AUM etc keeping in sync with other apps using MIDI or Ableton Link.

This app was inspired by the Korg Volca and Electribes. I had so much fun with the Volca but it felt limited in memory and steps. It was a very fun sound toy and occasionally a loop maker but I wanted to be able to store more, longer patterns, and have more variation in sequences. Being a massive fan of the Korg Electribes, i looked at the recent Electribe Sampler. It was cool but just didn't seem as fun as the older Electribes plus you couldn't animate the sample start and length which to me was the best part of the Volca. So i decided to see if I can make my own app that does what i wanted. Using the knowledge i gained from 2Xb303 and 6X806 I delved deeper into audio coding. Originally an environment artist, I have had to leant alot as i go, but here after many months during a strange year of set backs, I finally finished it. I know there will be some disappointed its not AUv3 as I havent managed to find a way for that just yet. I have had great fun with this and created some cool loops and tracks myself. I dont need my Volca anymore. I hope you enjoy this too.

Specifications and features:
Animate or set key steps for every track dial for sound changing animations.
Each program has swing/groove/shuffle amount and each track can have independent step lengths from 1-64 plus offsets. Randomiser from 0-100% creates a chance of a step in realtime. Accent amount on each track for how much the accent affects the dynamics of pitch, frequency and volume.
Each step is added using classic step edits. Double tap for accented dynamics. Hold down a step for copy, paste and clear. Fill 64 steps using a smaller length sequence to repeat patterns automatically or random generate the steps.
Each track can have hi, low and band pass filter, resonance, filter env and decay. Also Hi split which adds parallel hi pass pre filter.
Sample start, length and loop point, loop on/off, ping ping and reverse. Loop amount allows you to play from start of sample then loop back mid way or at the very end for digital glitch repeat effects.
Slice the sample start point across all steps in track sequence length. You can then randomize steps for glitch effects. Edit each sample start on each step for refining.
Adjust pitch, volume attack and release or gated volume. Adjust pitch or set it automatically to fit the sequence length and BPM (good for importing loops to match).
Distortion, Delay (snaps to nearest time sync), reverb and compression effects.
Each track has one LFO with adjustable speed and can modulate sample start, length , filter and pitch. LFO can also triggered to reset on each step for an Envelope effect.
Built in keyboard for playing your samples using keys or selecting the random notes for random generation in step edit.
Mixer console view so you can adjust pan, bass and levels.
Import samples from other apps documents folders, Audioshare or copy/paste.
Export you trimmed (using start/length) sample to this app document folder and export your recorder loops.
Record what you are playing to export to another app or computer for composing yous loops.
Play in sync your sampled loop with your current program.
Route the audio output into other apps like Garage band, Audiobus or AUM to work with other apps.
Ableton Link or MIDI sync.

Included is a help function and if you have any problems or ideas please let me know. Ill be happy to hear from you.
Cheers
Rob

Comments

• Anyone tried it?

• edited August 2020

@david_2017 cheers for info. I don’t see groove swing quantize also no bitcrush in effects list. Will check further via youtube vids

• edited August 2020

It says there a synth as well as samples for sounds or does he mean the LFOs and filters.

• Remember me Hypertron.

It isn’t bad from the description but I really don’t like Rob Wilmer apps GUI.

Maybe I will give a try later.

• No love? From the video (only 2) it seems a useful app.

• Bought it and pissed. no manual. Just a help button that's almost useless. Have no idea how to sequence and no help to find out. Avoid this like the plague until there is some "real" operation support from the creator. It even takes you to the shitty youtube video that shows you nothing on how to use it when you click demo. Again, do not support developers like this, who don't even bother explaining how to use even the basics of their apps. Asking for refund immediately

• edited August 2020

@Imhodef said:
    Bought it and pissed. no manual. Just a help button that's almost useless. Have no idea how to sequence and no help to find out. Avoid this like the plague until there is some "real" operation support from the creator. It even takes you to the shitty youtube video that shows you nothing on how to use it when you click demo. Again, do not support developers like this, who don't even bother explaining how to use even the basics of their apps. Asking for refund immediately

@Imhodef the Youtube videos are not very helpful but I’am tempted because it sounds very good. Not the best music used but the apps sound . If I purchase and work out how to use it I will post some info on here

• I’m heartbroken at the lack of auv3.....but because you acknowledged it I’m gonna buy it anyways even if I don’t use it, to encourage you to make it auv3 even if it’s as an IAP.

• Dev is currently working on some bugs

• I also bought it.

Yesterday there was an update but I really can’t understand anything...

• @Charlesalbert said:
    I also bought it.

Think of the app "protein der klang" not sure if you remember that garbage or not. This reminds me of it. If there is some sort of instructional video or manual, I'll repurchase, but as of now. its just a storage waste

• @Imhodef said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    I also bought it.

Think of the app "protein der klang" not sure if you remember that garbage or not. This reminds me of it. If there is some sort of instructional video or manual, I'll repurchase, but as of now. its just a storage waste

Totally mess, I agree with You.

So sorry because the app, on the paper, had great potential.

• @Imhodef said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    I also bought it.

Protein is a very good app and still runs on IOS-13.
    The GUI is cryptic at first glance, but the number of visual patterns is fairly low. You have to learn their meaning by use (which only takes a couple of days) and the it becomes automatic.
    Imho it‘s a good approach to optimize screen estate and display only essential elements with no distraction. Operation is well documented in few short notes.

This app is about the Volca/Electribe paradigm (as mentioned in the introduction post), so one should be able to figure out the basics. ;)

• Sounds great in the description. I did have a few issues with the 2xB303 though - like finding the knobs hard to move so I won’t rush in either - not too convinced yet by the what seems to be an old video. It could be a winner in the making though.

• From Rob (dev):

"I’m currently working on a guide document and video. It’s chaotic with kids summer holidays though, I hope to have the document finished by the end of the day. I will swap the YouTube link in the app that was supposed to be temporary with the online guide as soon as I can. I’ll always have a few teething problems but the guide is something I should really have had ready. My bad.

Cheers
    Rob"

• @Telefunky said:

@Imhodef said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    I also bought it.

The GUI is cryptic at first glance, but the number of visual patterns is fairly low. You have to learn their meaning by use (which only takes a couple of days) and the it becomes automatic.
    Imho it‘s a good approach to optimize screen estate and display only essential elements with no distraction. Operation is well documented in few short notes.

This app is about the Volca/Electribe paradigm (as mentioned in the introduction post), so one should be able to figure out the basics. ;)

+1

• @Telefunky said:

@Imhodef said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    I also bought it.

Aah "protein der klang"! I have had this app for a few years and never really used it. I find it fascinating though and funnily, just last week, I was thinking that I should spend some time with it.

I tend to go for apps that do strange things with samples and I have a few like protein der klang that I still have to really explore. But there are also some that I regret having bought!

• Hi, manual is up now. It’s on Beatsnbobs Facebook page and the AppStore promo text until I add it in the app. Sorry about the delay in releasing that.
    Also someone mentioned swing, it has that. Bitcrush, I could squeeze that effect in possibly very soon, maybe next update.
    I hope to have an updated video of things you can do and walk through.
    Thanks
    Rob Wilmot (Not Wilmor lol. Or even Marc Wilmot)

• @RobWilmot said:
    Hi, manual is up now. It’s on Beatsnbobs Facebook page and the AppStore promo text until I add it in the app. Sorry about the delay in releasing that.
    Also someone mentioned swing, it has that. Bitcrush, I could squeeze that effect in possibly very soon, maybe next update.
    Thanks

@RobWilmot thanks Rob, yes Iam the one who mentioned swing & bitcrush/decimate

• Hey @david_2017 - could you fix the dev’s name on the title? 😉

• @RobWilmot said:
    Hi, manual is up now. It’s on Beatsnbobs Facebook page and the AppStore promo text until I add it in the app. Sorry about the delay in releasing that.
    Thanks

Thanks for writing here.

Waiting for some videos since I find difficult to play with it.

I love the concept.

• edited September 2020

I’ll hope to finish my guide video today or tomorrow. I have discovered two bugs though which I would like to fix too.
    One is on iPhone that if iPhone rings, it crashes even in suspended. And the other bug is importing sounds from another document folder, that’s already been imported, skips loading /refreshing the sound into the track. It does update if adjusting the length.. strange.
    Cheers
    Rob

• @RobWilmot said:
    I’ll hope to finish my guide video today or tomorrow. I have discovered two bugs though which I would like to fix too.
    One is on iPhone that if iPhone rings, it crashes even in suspended. And the other bug is importing sounds from another document folder, that’s already been imported, skips loading /refreshing the sound into the track. It does update if adjusting the length.. strange.
    Cheers
    Rob

Have you manage to record some tutorial? I’m really lost in this app.

• Hi sorry for delay. I have a nasty bug on iPhone at the moment. I’m currently fixing it but It’s a pita. Almost there. As soon as the video is made, I’ll post it. Fingers crossed by tonight.

• @RobWilmot said:
    Hi sorry for delay. I have a nasty bug on iPhone at the moment. I’m currently fixing it but It’s a pita. Almost there. As soon as the video is made, I’ll post it. Fingers crossed by tonight.

Thanks Rob - starting to get my head around it and liking what it can do...

• @RobWilmot will the keyboard section have an option to change to pads to play samples or finger drum? Hope so eventually

• You should be able to play finger drum with the track select buttons.
    There is a bug I have just fixed that it didn’t load a sound properly unless it was refreshed with length dial so trigger buttons might not work well with longer sounds until next update.

I also fixed some bugs like the iPhone call interruption, one that screwed up the envelopes each time you resumed from suspended and a crash loading sounds that had been removed externally. Some other bits and bobs too.

Update is uploaded to Apple so going through that process.

Oh with that video then...

@stormbeats said:
    @RobWilmot will the keyboard section have an option to change to pads to play samples or finger drum? Hope so eventually

• @RobWilmot said:
    You should be able to play finger drum with the track select buttons.
    There is a bug I have just fixed that it didn’t load a sound properly unless it was refreshed with length dial so trigger buttons might not work well with longer sounds until next update.

I also fixed some bugs like the iPhone call interruption, one that screwed up the envelopes each time you resumed from suspended and a crash loading sounds that had been removed externally. Some other bits and bobs too.

Update is uploaded to Apple so going through that process.

Oh with that video then...

@stormbeats said:
    @RobWilmot will the keyboard section have an option to change to pads to play samples or finger drum? Hope so eventually

Thx wait for the update and for the videos. Nice work.

• Hi, so the latest update (1.2) went through fixing quite a few bugs.
    I have just finished a guide video and I am releasing them in parts so i can post them here quicker.
    Part 1 is mostly sound editing but also explaining a bit where things are, with some basic step edits.

I am now working on the next part right that will focus more on sequencing features as it was just basic summary in part 1
    Hope this helps!

Cheers

Rob