Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• woooo. what is that sound. instantly reminded my of the intro to this prodigy song @ time stamp 2:25

• Another must buy from Eventide.

• McDMcD
    edited August 2020

My first thought was @iOSTRAKON is going to love this and he just decided to stop buying more apps... bad timing. "One day at a time."

Wow. SoundCloud really sucked the life out of that audio with it's compression.

• Is it an app?!?

• edited August 2020

wtf is this? sounds great tbh

• @david_2017 said:
    Is it an app‽?

Plugin apparently. Hope that means a launch on iOS as well.

• Yeah, I almost spit out my industrial grease all over the screen when I watched the vid. Hopefully this drops for iOS.

@McD said:
    My first thought was @iOSTRAKON is going to love this and he just decided to stop buying more apps... bad timing. "One day at a time."

Wow. SoundCloud really sucked the life out of that audio with it's compression.

• Like the title of your track @McD ;) need this now

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Like the title of your track @McD ;) need this now

Thanks. I was hoping you'd see the humor in it. I played the YouTube announcement in
    "Tube AU" and recorded the an audio loop. Then I imported the audio into a file player in AUM and made duplicated the track so I could stagger the start times. I used Perforator to chop up the audio and make it more instrustrial and added some Funk Drummer loops
    pushed through WoOTT to grunge it up and recorded the whole mess and posted it to SoundCloud for the punchline. I was chuckling the whole time trying to beat some other joker to the punchline.

I do hope it's an IOS app too but with Eventide it's probably desktop first and a port down the road. Just remember you can use their demos as sample materials while you wait. You already make industrial that makes their demo sound pretty tame. NIN style madness.

• I appreciate that @McD // I’ll take a look at the demos and see!

• The video didn’t build interest for me, it wrote the app off completely...kinda like the app fundamental. Not for me at all.

• Not sure if it’s an app yet / not sure what it is either

@MrSmileZ said:
    The video didn’t build interest for me, it wrote the app off completely...kinda like the app fundamental. Not for me at all.

• I’m going to guess some kind of ring modulator but I’m sure I’m way off

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    I’m going to guess some kind of ring modulator but I’m sure I’m way off

Pendulums pendulate so there's going to be an LFO in there swing between 2 polarities
    and maybe a whole bunch of them swinging about with their own rate.

• I dunno what it might be - but I’m Really loving whatever it does to that synth!! Can’t wait to see what it is!

• I'd like to see more devs doing interesting takes on modulation sourves. I'm really looking forward to Sonic Lab porting their Bots plugins.

• edited August 2020

Newfangled Audio is not Eventide although they are closely related. More suited to mixing/mastering/repair than sound design.

The Elevate bundle is something I use a lot on Desktop. It does the bark filter thing and much much more. There’s a bit of a learning curve but the results are worth it. Demo version and clear manual as always.

Spectral overdrive would be very welcome on iOS but I’m guessing this new one is most likely a desktop plugin.

• they say its free
    but the link on eventide site doesnt work...

• Is it for iOS too already?

• It isn’t on Eventide’s website yet but I read it’s a free synth. Not sure if it will be on iOS.

• Bought it (well sort of). No email confirmation of purchase. Normally that comes straight away even if the serial doesn't.

• This could be a very nice addition on iOS/iPadOS especially with all the nice Eventide effects already available :)
    And if it's free it's a no brainer...

• The download is 0kb for the Mac version...
    https://www.eventideaudio.com/promo/pendulate

So I guess it's not ready for prime-time yet :D

• Here is my demo for Pendulate, sadly it's iOS as yet, but it is free for PC and Mac

• Just posted on Eventide forum - let's see what they say...

• @Samu said:
    The download is 0kb for the Mac version...
    https://www.eventideaudio.com/promo/pendulate

So I guess it's not ready for prime-time yet :D

Yes, I'm having the same problem. The link downloads an installer file with 0k. When you try to run it, you get this error:

How are people able to install this product?

• Note on the download page:

"PLEASE NOTE THE INSTALLERS ARE NOT WORKING! WE ARE FIXING THE PROBLEM AND HOPE TO BE UP SHORTLY."

• It's a stripped-down taster for a desktop synth plug-in called 'Generate':

"Eventide has released Pendulate, a freeware virtual synthesizer developed by Newfangled Audio. The company has also announced that the full version of the Pendulate plugin, called Generate, is scheduled for release on September 8th."
    https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2020/09/01/eventide-pendulate/

Not sure who Newfangled Audio are, or if they share Eventide's interest in developing for iOS, but I guess we'll find out.