Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hit that MONO button for a TIGHTER mix! // House of Kush

Comments

• This is soooooooo good. I’m trying it this weekend with a mix I’ve been having trouble with. Thank you!

• Yes, mono is a very helpful tool, especially if you use it with a single speaker, but with two is still a good tool. If you collapse your mix to mono you can see if things disappear. When you can get them to stay relatively the same, your mix will really shine in stereo.

• Great share and thanks @noob

• edited August 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I put my kicks, bass, and snare in mono. Tight.

• edited September 2020

yea from now on i always use mono / stereo flip on bus to check. speeds things up ALOT..and the tip "dont suck in mono" is good.. ( does the track work in mono? no? try again B)

• @Max23 said:
    keep bd and bass mono and in the middle and a lot of problems will just vanish ... ;)
    its a shame how samples are sold to people
    they sound good on their own,
    but who can mix with all that stereo crap?
    I can't.

Here’s a track that puts the drum set on the far left side:

Sounds pretty frickin awesome to me.

• edited September 2020
  • edited September 2020

@Max23 said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Max23 said:
    keep bd and bass mono and in the middle and a lot of problems will just vanish ... ;)
    I can't.

listen to it with headphones
    doesnt work anymore ;)

its an old track from the 70s stereo was just 10 years old, they didnt know what to do with it.

it still works if we HIT THAT MONO BUTTON :#

• @noob said:

@Max23 said:

@Max23 said:
    I can't.

doesnt work anymore ;)

its an old track from the 70s stereo was just 10 years old, they didnt know what to do with it.

it still works if we HIT THAT MONO BUTTON :#

Where is the mono button on my iPad?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2020
  • edited September 2020

dunno if this helps any1 , but heres my basic template in AUM for monitor / record on diff channels with pass through to mono/stereo monitor (TB Morphit on B you dont need it for the stuff to work).

• @noob said:
    dunno if this helps any1 , but heres my basic template in AUM for monitor / record on diff channels with pass through to mono/stereo monitor (TB Morphit on B you dont need it for the stuff to work).

Thanks. Why the two monos?

• @Max23 said:

@Max23 said:
    I can't.

doesnt work anymore ;)

Listen again. It sounds great on headphones. It’s a very creative mix.

• edited September 2020
  • Most PC DAW’s have a mono switch. I use BM3 and it does not. An easy trick to throw mix in mono in BM3 is to put the stock stereo widener effect on the main channel and turn the widener setting all the way to the left which collapses your mix to mono. Found it works almost as well with my mini reference monitors as it does with my auratone single mix cube. Using this set up, I got a recent mix to sit so well that I played it for someone and forgot to take it off mono. Didn’t event notice for the first minute or so. When I did take it off mono, holy cow!

Another tip In this vein for those who sample. Many old records were “creatively” mixed with the drums on the left or the right channel. If your daw gives you the option of converting samples to mono like BM3 and gives you the choice of combining left and right, just using right channel or just using left channel, try choosing the right first and then the left only. I’ve been able to remove drums completely using this method which has given me some pristine drum-less melodies and some pretty ill drum breaks.

• edited September 2020

AUM got perfect tools built in for stereo tinkering

• edited September 2020

@gusgranite said:

Thanks. Why the two monos?

ah thats just a normal channel...anyway don't stare on the fx choices, the main thing here is the 'no bus' output on "A" (master,red)still renders to track (records) just fine. and we have monitoring untouched.. on "B"(monitor,green)