Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

forgive

edited August 2020 in Creations

Sparse ambient piece I put together using buckets of Eventide Blackhole Reverb:

Don’t mean to brag, but, my mum texted me to say it’s “nice”.

Also, I’m new to the forum, having just recently bought an iPad/fallen into iOS music production, so: hello!

Comments

• edited August 2020

Don’t mean to brag, but, my mum text me to say it’s “nice”.

😂😂😂

Also, I’m new to the forum, having just recently bought an iPad/fallen into iOS music production, so: hello!

Sounds really excellent! And welcome. 😊

• Very reminiscent of one Eno track I can't remember the name of off-hand...

• Welcome to the forum @shortsadvocate . From the looks of it you may be new to iOS but obviously an old pro at everything else. That was top notch on every level and even left me a little teary eyed. Nice would definitely be an understatement.

• @Gavinski said:

Don’t mean to brag, but, my mum text me to say it’s “nice”.

😂😂😂

Sounds really excellent! And welcome. 😊

Cheers.

@Gavinski said:
    Very reminiscent of one Eno track I can't remember the name of off-hand...

An inescapable influence. An Ending (Ascent), maybe?

• Yup! That'd be it. If Eno tries to sue, just tell him 'it wasn't me, it was my generative midi sequencer, I know nothing' 😜

• Beautiful @shortsadvocate. Welcome to the forum!

• @hypnopad said:
    Welcome to the forum @shortsadvocate . From the looks of it you may be new to iOS but obviously an old pro at everything else. That was top notch on every level and even left me a little teary eyed. Nice would definitely be an understatement.

Sincere thanks. I’ve never really shared my music with anyone other than my brother (I upload essentially for free storage space), so it means a lot to know that other people can get something out of it.

• @mjcouche said:
    Beautiful @shortsadvocate. Welcome to the forum!

Gracias!

• Nicely done. And hiya.

• @shortsadvocate said:

You have definitely landed in a great place to get feedback on your music/video productions.
    The pairing of sound and image is so powerful. You do great work.

• Fantastic piece!

I Love Eventide’s Blackhole.. another one you might like, if you haven’t already seen, is FAC Alteza.

Welcome!

• edited August 2020

Well done and welcome! Is this where you live? It doesn’t look like a place where mums reside. 😳

If I may suggest... check out the collaboration thread and mix it up with another forum member.

• Fantastic, both sonically and visually!

• That is beautiful, @shortsadvocate . Truly moving and really well executed, too. I love it!

Do you have more..?

• edited August 2020

I hear some vocals interspersed in this great piece what other instruments are you using? Nice rain texture and use of panning. I’m also digging very much the islands of mild distortion.

• PS your mum was right

• @shortsadvocate said:

Wow, this is a brilliant track! Wonderful sounds, and beautifully arranged. And it is an ambient track (you may get this if you spent some time in the ambient Reddit ;))

Ja, you may be new to iOS but it’s evident that you know your tools of the trade. If you like open up the treasure chest and let us into your creation process. I would love to

Don’t mean to brag, but, my mum text me to say it’s „nice“.

This made my day! Just started... but I l
    Know there won’t come anything that will be better 👊🏼😂
    So, thanks for sharing and welcome here mate 👋🏼

• @david_2017 I'm guessing the joke is that most of the 'ambient' tracks are not ambient, right? 😋

• its nice!! welcome!

• @Gavinski said:
    @david_2017 I'm guessing the joke is that most of the 'ambient' tracks are not ambient, right? 😋

Haha, yeah everything from really drummy to hardrock is ambient over there. I may have overlooked some subgenres 😂

But it’s a pretty huge group (42.5K or so) so it’s hard to be a mod over there ;)

• @Intrepolicious said:
    Fantastic piece!

I Love Eventide’s Blackhole.. another one you might like, if you haven’t already seen, is FAC Alteza.

Welcome!

Thank you; please don't enable my reverb addiction.

@LinearLineman said:
    Well done and welcome! Is this where you live? It doesn’t look like a place where mums reside. 😳

If I may suggest... check out the collaboration thread and mix it up with another forum member.

You're correct, this is–alas–very much not where I live. I'll certainly check out the collab' thread.

@audiblevideo said:
    I hear some vocals interspersed in this great piece what other instruments are you using? Nice rain texture and use of panning. I’m also digging very much the islands of mild distortion.

Ta. Pretty much layers of pads with some effects (mainly EQ + distortion) automation.

@david_2017 said:

@shortsadvocate said:

Wow, this is a brilliant track! Wonderful sounds, and beautifully arranged. And it is an ambient track (you may get this if you spent some time in the ambient Reddit ;))

Ja, you may be new to iOS but it’s evident that you know your tools of the trade. If you like open up the treasure chest and let us into your creation process. I would love to

Don’t mean to brag, but, my mum text me to say it’s „nice“.

This made my day! Just started... but I l
    Know there won’t come anything that will be better 👊🏼😂
    So, thanks for sharing and welcome here mate 👋🏼

Cheers! I'm certainly down to clown, re: "opening up the treasure chest", though I have to say I'm not entirely (or at all) sure what that would entail.

@qryss said:
    That is beautiful, @shortsadvocate . Truly moving and really well executed, too. I love it!

Do you have more..?

Much appreciated! I have quite a lot more, but I'm not entirely sure what the etiquette is with regards to posting original material – I wouldn't want to post too much.

Cheers for the feedback/welcoming words @McD, @shinyisshiny, @syrupcore!

• edited August 2020

No one posts more stuff than I do @shortsadvocate. Average a track every day or two. I haven’t been banned.... yet.

• Marvellous, and mums always know best, great stuff!

• @LinearLineman said:
    No one posts more stuff than I do @shortsadvocate. Average a track every day or two. I haven’t been banned.... yet.

Don’t mind him, he thinks he’s here but his posts are invisible to all forum members. Seeing as you’re new, I’ll add you to the list now to save you some future trouble. Sorry for the temporary glitch, although we do think it’s healthy to humor him once in a while.

;)

• @oat_phipps said:

@LinearLineman said:

Don’t mind him, he thinks he’s here but his posts are invisible to all forum members. Seeing as you’re new, I’ll add you to the list now to save you some future trouble. Sorry for the temporary glitch, although we do think it’s healthy to humor him once in a while.

;)

LOL 😂

• @mjcouche said:

@oat_phipps said:

@LinearLineman said:

;)

LOL 😂

Very good track, I'd like to know what you used for the "Classic Breathy Female Vocal" synth patch?

• My friend, @oat_phipps, has it backwards. To quote that great forum vedantic philosopher, @WillieNegus: when he closes the ABF everyone he imagined here ceases to exist. My music, however, is invisible to my exwife gf. She’s in it for the cooking.

• Nice one & welcome @shortsadvocate
    It's always nice with buckets of blackholes. What else did you use?

• Come now, @LinearLineman, @oat_phipps, I hate to see the parents argue.

As I said, @despego, @oat_phipps, I only discovered the iOS underworld very recently, so the bulk of the track was still done in Logic, using U-He's excellent Diva, which I've come to know and love as intimately as one can a piece of code (it would be great to see U-He port some stuff to iPad). I've been using IDAM to communicate MIDI etc., between my Mac/iPad to decent effect.

@Krupa said:
    Marvellous, and mums always know best, great stuff!

True enough–thanks for the support!

• No argument here @shortsadvocate. We are old friends. I think you will find this forum quite different than many others. Not much backbiting here. Plenty of backscratching, however.