Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AddStation by Virsyn (released)

Comments

• edited August 2020

I was making a video for you guys and I found a bug. Preset called wet drone in pads category. As soon as I select it. Without any effect, running through Fugue Machine. AUM went up to 130 cpu and crash.

Other then that I’m loving the app really much. I could say for sure it sounds different from Phosphor 3.

• Virsyn synths are mostly an instabuy for me. The looping grid feature gives the idea that this is like iWaveStation using additive synths instead of samples. The level of control over panning, filtering, pitch, attack and decay per partial with such a simple drawing interface is pretty mind blowing to think about.

• I had major bugs on first opening this. A restart didn’t work but a reinstall seems to have cured them, so I would recommend that to anyone finding probs. Liking the sound of this a LOT so far. It’s deep. Has anyone figured out how to play the AUv3 like the standalone? Ie. In standalone, you can run through a sequence using the y axis of any key. Obviously, this won’t work on the AUM keyboard. Doesn’t work with a seaboard either. Any workarounds?

• In fact, no - bugs are back. Anyone else having problems with bugs on this? Can’t play the standalone with a seaboard block, but it works ok in AUM. Sometimes no sound in standalone. Sometimes can’t play 3+ notes together in standalone - the notes just don’t trigger.

• Does this work ok on older iPads?

• Anyone know how long it’s on sale for? Need to build up some more credits after shelling out on CB3

• @Gavinski said:
    I had major bugs on first opening this. A restart didn’t work but a reinstall seems to have cured them, so I would recommend that to anyone finding probs. Liking the sound of this a LOT so far. It’s deep. Has anyone figured out how to play the AUv3 like the standalone? Ie. In standalone, you can run through a sequence using the y axis of any key. Obviously, this won’t work on the AUM keyboard. Doesn’t work with a seaboard either. Any workarounds?

Have You tried play the preset I wrote in AUM?

I get cpu hog every time.

• @Charlesalbert That preset is extremely cpu heavy, so probably fugue machine is throwing a bunch of fast notes at it and it can’t handle the polyphony. This is a powerful synth, @MonzoPro and some of the patches are cpu heavy, no question about it. But it is extremely deep and rich sounding.

Devs have confirmed the bug with seaboard not working in standalone, they will fix it. Parameters are also not exposed, sadly - but they will be. I hope it is soon, because I know that one is a biggie for many here, including me.

• I @Gavinski said:
    @Charlesalbert That preset is extremely cpu heavy, so probably fugue machine is throwing a bunch of fast notes at it and it can’t handle the polyphony. This is a powerful synth, @MonzoPro and some of the patches are cpu heavy, no question about it. But it is extremely deep and rich sounding.

Devs have confirmed the bug with seaboard not working in standalone, they will fix it. Parameters are also not exposed, sadly - but they will be. I hope it is soon, because I know that one is a biggie for many here, including me.

Omg that is for sure.

Never saw before my IPad Pro struggling like that😂

• Harsh but once they start updating their existing products (still no velocity in reslice) I may look again.

Virsyn have a long history of not updating and releasing new.

:-(

• @Gavinski said:
    @Charlesalbert That preset is extremely cpu heavy, so probably fugue machine is throwing a bunch of fast notes at it and it can’t handle the polyphony. This is a powerful synth, @MonzoPro and some of the patches are cpu heavy, no question about it. But it is extremely deep and rich sounding.

Yeah it does sound really good, but I’m guessing like all the other really good synths I have my Air 2 will struggle!

Tempted though, as I could record it straight into the laptop via IDAM, assuming running it standalone on its own would be doable.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Does this work ok on older iPads?

Feeding it with two riffers in AUM it hovers around the 30% cpu on my 2018 iPad base model for most of the preset sounds. My guess is that you could run it like this for immediate recording straight to an audio file.

Maybe someone with an Air 2(?) could try it and report back?

• Except for the preset I’ve wrote before, the others run at 30% cpu usage in AUM. not a light synth but not the heaviest on the CPU.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Except for the preset I’ve wrote before, the others run at 30% cpu usage in AUM. not a light synth but not the heaviest on the CPU.

On which device?

• edited August 2020

@Jocphone said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    Except for the preset I’ve wrote before, the others run at 30% cpu usage in AUM. not a light synth but not the heaviest on the CPU.

On which device?

IPad Pro 12.9 2020

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

Feeding it with two riffers in AUM it hovers around the 30% cpu on my 2018 iPad base model for most of the preset sounds. My guess is that you could run it like this for immediate recording straight to an audio file.

>

Cheers Joc. I’ll probably get it, sounds like it’ll be ok in standalone at least, and I’ve hardly bought any apps at all recently.

• @Charlesalbert said:

@Jocphone said:

@Charlesalbert said:

On which device?

IPad Pro 12.9 2020

Interesting that you are getting about the same performance as my iPad 2018 (non-pro)..

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

Cheers Joc. I’ll probably get it, sounds like it’ll be ok in standalone at least, and I’ve hardly bought any apps at all recently.

Me too, think it's the first interesting synth I've bought since Factory maybe. First few presets may not overwhelm but stick with it, it can do subtle, weirdly organic sort of sounds in addition to more aggressive and chemical noise.

• @Jocphone said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@Jocphone said:

@Charlesalbert said:

On which device?

IPad Pro 12.9 2020

Interesting that you are getting about the same performance as my iPad 2018 (non-pro)..

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

Me too, think it's the first interesting synth I've bought since Factory maybe. First few presets may not overwhelm but stick with it, it can do subtle, weirdly organic sort of sounds in addition to more aggressive and chemical noise.

I have the latest 3 iPad Pro 12.9 and every time I tried them side by side I find them identical for audio performance😂😂😂

• Oooo thees looks like it sings my Tune

• It sounds really fantastic. Heavy cpu yes, but you don't need many synths that are this rich going at the same time

• @Jocphone said:

Yeah, think I’ll dive in later, I’m due a new iPad anyway once they release the new Air.

Just revised Poseidon, and got lost in that for half an hour until it froze up. I forget how good some of their synths are.

• edited August 2020

@Bill_Brasky said:
    It probably has that Virsyn sound. Metallic sheen over everything, too bright for my tastes usually...but they do make quality, feature-rich apps.

It has an analog presets category and they actually sound quite warm, nice pads, analog basses, etc. tbh I still have to play with it and figure out how to program everything and get exactly what I want from it but yeah, it definitely gets warm, maybe someone will make a video going thru the presets

• I hope Virsyn - or maybe Doug - will bring something out that talks through how to program it, it looks intriguing but I’d like to understand more about it before committing.

• Just tested comparing to another synth very heavy for me, Layr, and it uses more CPU than this last on my IPad.

• I always say this is going to be my last synth and then another one comes and I think: "This is so cool" and again I go for it. I have to stop. One day I will. In the meantime, I am getting this one. This is going to be my last synth. Period ;)

• Just tried it is heavy on the cpu. Ipad Air 2, getting crackles while going trough some presets. Check before you buy

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Just tested comparing to another synth very heavy for me, Layr, and it uses more CPU than this last on my IPad.

Heavier than Layr? That might be a problem for me then, as LayR is a bit of a crash fest on my Air 2.

• I can confirm that some of the presets are pretty heavy on the cpu on the iPad Air 2...
    ...but that is to be expected considering the number of partials that need to be calculated...

And yes, the iPad Air 2 is pretty old and slow by todays standards so any iPad from the last 2-3 years should have no problems with it what so ever.