Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Here’s the songs I’ve worked on (so far) - All on iOS #SEONN

Hey everyone,

So, I decided to make this thread as a way to keep track of my progress in terms of my music production, while hopefully getting ideas from brilliant minds like you in terms of getting better at Mobile Music Production. Some of these works were collaborative works, others were single projects, but the purpose of this page is to serve as a way to showcase my work, develop my production style, while learning A LOT more about iOS.

(Also, it prevents making another thread whenever I make another production on iOS)

More songs will be posted in the threads below as I continue... Also, grab some popcorn, take a seat, because...

(Full gif found here - https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/010/100/dis_gon_be_good.gif)

Oh, and if anyone is wondering what happened to Samflash3? Well, in the “totally not made up” words of Taylor Swift,...

So, without further ado....Have fun, stay safe.

#SEONN

Comments

• edited August 2020

Getting ready...

• edited August 2020

Okay, here we go...

Let’s start with the first one. “Know your worth” by Khalid, and Disclosure. This was originally an Apple Special Project. I went home, and made an unofficial remix (shoutout to Deezer, and the magic of replication).

Tools used for this project - Reason Compact, and Blocs Wave/Launchpad (Christmas Grime sample).
    DAW(s) Produced in: Garageband

(1 min due to Instagram limits)

Full song here:

• edited August 2020

Second Project here, and this time, we’re looking at Alicia Keys - Time Machine. This was a Splice Contest Remix entry where we had to do a 1 min remix of Alicia’s song. Decided to make a crossover between a disco song, and a modern EDM style drop. This was an interesting mix, so let me know your thoughts.

Here’s the 1 min remix version:

Here’s the full song (uploaded after the entry date):

Tools used: Blocs Wave
    DAW(s) produced in: Garageband

• Okay, third song before I head out for a bit. This was an Instagram Sample from the phenomenal “Delaney Jane”. She did a quick piano “freestyle” run on Instagram, and I asked her if I could remix it, which she was okay with.

Now, this project was me taking a step back in my “loop based” style of production into a “sample based” style. I took the sample from Delaney Jane, passed it via Reslice, and “played” all the vocals directly on Reslice.

I also found out about the Erhu sound, and it became one of my main sounds in future projects.

Finally, I learnt a lot about 808s from this project. I was trying to boost the sub bass but ended up cutting it entirely, haha. Ah well.

Here’s the outcome... Gorgeous by Delaney Jane

(1 min version)

(full song on Soundcloud)

Oh yeah...I did end up doing an Instagram Live Interview with Delaney Jane here, much later...

• edited September 2020

Here we go. Song #4. This was a remix of Pete Johns song, titled, “Hold on...”
    Pete Johns is an amazing Youtuber who regularly runs the Studio Live Today channel. He reeleased the original on his YouTube channel.

I loved the message behind the song, and since quarantine hit, I needed something positive to lift my spirits.

Here's my version. It evokes the feeling of someone rushing through a train station at different points in the journey, while keeping the beat upbeat..

">

I also did a LIVE ACOUSTIC version of the song recently.
    ">

• edited September 2020

Song number 5, and this was where I combined the remixing and sampling knowledge into a video. I loved Dodie's raw take of "Cool Girl" and I wanted to enhance the sond, without taking away from the beauty of it.

Here's the original version and the remix I did

">

Also, here's the Instagram upload that shows the Garageband project

• Here's the next one, and this one took me out of my comfort zone of remixing and sampling, and I took the lead in the song. This song was called, "I shoulda known..." I went through a few revisions of the song based on feedback from the Garageband forums, and also from the Audiobus community.

P.S: I did a quick run of the vocal chain I did on Garageband.

• These are some good examples of your work so far.

Well done.

My advice?

Start doing some more completed originals of your own work.

For instance I have one remix on Spotify under my ,"ModernDayBlue", pseudonym.
    It was a remix for a friend who is signed to Warp Records,
    it was subsequently released by Bob Humid.

Whenever I need to use it as a virtual business card, it's always there.

I view this thread in the same way.

• Okay, let's do a throwback. This was a collaboration project with someone from work. JC had this amazing arpegiated sequence but he wasn't sure where to take it. I took the challenge, added it to Blocs Wave and remixed it to form the song today.

Here's the Soundcloud link:

Also, here's a bit of a behind the scenes . I also did a tutorial on how I used Blocs Wave, and Launchpad in the same video but skip to the end to see the actual performance of the song.
    ">

• So, the next project was a fun one. It revolved around the feeling of “Can I be yours?” as you were trying to ask a girl out on a date. Sorta a play on prom season, hence the “ It doesn’t matter which way we go...”
    ">

I also did a “Behind the scenes” on how I arranged the vocals and the Vox to get the high pitched squeals, the vocal chain, and more... all in Garageband.
    ">