Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Petition for Bram Bos to make more apps.

Im already an owner of most of the Bram Bos stuff, and just snagged Mononoke last night, (im actually waiting for a LYRA 8 as well, but Mononoke is just as cool, and different!) I find myself constantly using Kosmonaut, Scatterbrain, & WOOTT, and NOIR is one of my go to's for drum patterns. Lets get some more Bram!!

Im asking for your help in signing this petition for @brambos to make more apps.

Should Bram Bos make more apps?
  1. What Kind of App.51 votes
    1. Synth
      21.57%
    2. Drum Machine
        7.84%
    3. FX / Processor
      19.61%
    4. All the above
      50.98%

Comments

• edited August 2020

I'm sorry...

We all love Bram - but this is stupid.

There are much better ways to show your appreciation for a dev than by trying to force their hand.

I would prefer a happy Bram that makes the apps he wants to make; when he chooses to make them. And enjoys the process.

• Maybe just wait?

• I think @shinyisshiny is just having a bit of fun and sharing his excitement, it's hardly really an attempt to pressure Bram into making more apps, and I'm sure he knows that wouldn't have any effect, he'll make an app in his own time. But it might be interesting to see what people would like Bram to turn his hand to next. Woott, after all, was inspired by a thread in this forum mentioning lack of something like OTT, if I remember right

• That gave me a good chuckle. Please continue, I'm always interested in what people think would be a good match for my style of app design.

I am currently working on something unconventional (for me), but I'm not going to disclose too much because it's still early days and I'm still in slow-going-summer mode :)

• Groovybox would be ace, something unpredictable and wild...

• New apps will drop when they drop I guess?!

Honestly I love surprises rather than pushing development in a certain direction, especially when it comes to talented developers like @brambos :)

For now I'm truly enjoying MPC Beats with MPK Mini Mk2, NTS-1 with the CHIPS2.0 oscillator and a few others...
    ...and Arturia just dropped a vocoder update for the MicroFreak and those will keep me busy for quite a while.

iPadOS14 is also around the corner and I guess we'll see quite a bunch of updates to some of our beloved apps.

Cheers!

• A full-featured mpe synth of some kind, that does all the things mpe is capable of would really float my boat!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Fingers crossed for a universal AuV3 that cleanly cancels out all aliasing from any audio source.

• bram-daw 🥰🥰🥰🥰 please

• Actually, I second the idea of a host, something to give aum and apematrix a run for their money, with an advanced built in midi player and the piano roll with midi note input we've all been dreaming of.

• @brambos said:
    I am currently working on something unconventional (for me)

So, not like anything we've already purchased. But he hints someone else has worked this patch of land. That really narrows it down to ________. But I'll never tell (and won't know either) until it ships and we all love it.

I'm just glad he's able to work and hasn't been off track by current events or issues around illnesses.

• :D

I'm gonna create a petition against petitions...

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

Brampler. 🙏

Liberally inspired by Ableton Simpler. Just don’t call it Brimpler. That would just be weird. :#

• wild guess smth with wavetables

• I'm trying to think what the hell would be unusual for you, you've done synths, drum machines, fx - including some super innovative ones - and transformed the midi landscape of iOS. That leaves nothing left except some kind of host or piano roll😍, preferably a combo of both

• @Gavinski said:
    I'm trying to think what the hell would be unusual for you, you've done synths, drum machines, fx - including some super innovative ones - and transformed the midi landscape of iOS. That leaves nothing left except some kind of host or piano roll😍, preferably a combo of both

What you said above: An MPE synth 😇

• @tk32 said:
    I'm sorry...

We all love Bram - but this is stupid.

Yep. I'm sure the developer was sitting around with all his spare time thinking, I'd make a new app but I don't think anyone is really interested. Along comes a saviour to spread a message of joy and hope to the fallen one. Stand tall, stand proud, we want you, we need you. Hear our voices roar, MAKE MORE APPS.

• edited August 2020

auv3 , pad to pad resampling tool 😎 or if there’sa mozaic script that can handle it id be satisfied.

but i have ever bram app and will continue to get anything else released. rozeta is the best midi suite every released after all

• There could be money in a simple dj program that supports DVS in a host, if other dj programs arnt classed as a host. It could pair with scatterbrain and or sell as a bundles and scatterbrain on/off responds to midi. Theres a portabalism scene where people use iphones. If possible make it where you could have a mode where theres a big button, when you press button, the turntable is the midi controller for the selected track. Instant doubles.

• Id also recommend multi out via some sort of stems, so that you could additionally use a korg nanokontrol as well as a scratch mixer/mixer and turntable/controller for all the effects bought.

• Even people that wouldnt buy an expensive mixer and deck, theres already cheap portabalism decks with built in faders and likely more to be made. Its good for samplers plus it would be cool to launch tracks made but from a spin. Then again I do just have a deck sitting around and not sure if id be like' it isnt that great.

• I would pay for an upgrade to Scaler... to have custom scales...

• I’ve been pushing for a Bram Groovebox for a while. I think it would be super dope.

• @wim said:

Brampler. 🙏

Liberally inspired by Ableton Simpler. Just don’t call it Brimpler. That would just be weird. :#

Yes far more needed than any FX synth or drum Machine

• I petition Bram to do whatever he wants. He owes me nothing! hehe

But, if anyone was to ask, I'd love to see his take on a "light" daw. Maybe not even daw, midi daw. Midi workstation? Though I don't need it - i'd surely buy it.

• :smiley:

Synth/FX/Drum machine/samplers/beatboxes - well known, 13 to the dozen of each. No please.

What everyone wants, except peace on earth and an end to lockdown/C19, is ofc a Brambos-flavored take on multi-track midi looper/sequencer. With workflow as efficient as OP-Z, yet way easier to use and not having to remember all weird step component options by heart.

Right? :smile:

• I think this is what I meant by groovybox earlier, though an internal noizemaker type thing would be lovely too, but definitely something that you can doodle with standalone and then move on to create songs and control other instruments...

• Bram’s always cooking. 👨‍🍳

• edited August 2020

A multitrack recorder AU plugin... like a good one.