Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sisyphus / First Cubasis 3 Track

Yep, I like it. @LFS, good job. Congratulations to you and your team. I really enjoy the updated GUI.
It has lost some corny features, like the camera icon. The Master Strip is a big help with lots of presets. It’s kind of like a sports car... and a bit finicky, too (like a sports car). The DSP overloads with AUs easier than CB2, but that just means freezing tracks, and the freezes are faster and more accurate than CB2. So, on balance, excellent.

I improvised this, as usual with Ravenscroft275. Sunrizer, Retro piano, Korg Module Cello and Bassalicious.

Comments

• edited August 2020

@LinearLineman good work :) Some added rich low chord strings with some hall verb at 0min 35 sec part and that same part in the rest of the track that happens again could bring out even more emotion. Really like your chords. Good work :) Reminds me of the music the great cocktail lounge singer Julie London sang to.

• @LinearLineman Lovely little improvisation! I really quite enjoy your harmonic sense. Hope the world is finding you well friend. Thanks for this.

• @LinearLineman another lovely melody. I really want to up my keyboard game, and I'm sure many here are in the same boat. I don't have time to study piano the traditional way. All I really want to do is learn some nice progressions, a decent handful of chords etc and get reasonably good at playing by ear, both to accompany and to quickly convert melodies in my own ideas into keyboard pieces. Any tips on materials and on a reasonably fast way to progress? Please don't recommend that heavy duty jazz theory book, I forget the dude's name, that jazz heads always recommend when I ask them this question 😅

• I enjoyed that, thank you @LinearLineman

• Reminds me a bit of Joe Hisaishi. Really nice stuff.

• @Gavinski, I am a contrarian when it comes to how to play jazz. For me it has always been melody based, but I understand how folks just want a bunch of chords to play over. Though I don’t have a specific one, I think researching for an online course would be the best for that approach. Maybe @McD knows a specific one. I have done extensive chord work, but not about progressions. Other than blues, I don’t use them. Re a primary knowledge of chords, my advice would be to get a fake book and learn to play the chord symbols (and their inversions) along with the melody lines of tunes
    (Preferably jazz standards) you like.

However, I do offer you what my teacher, Connie Crothers, taught me about how to improvise jazz melody below. Deceptively simple, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. PM me if you have questions or want ongoing feedback about it. Good luck. It won’t be difficult for you.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27012/how-to-improve-your-keyboard-improvising-100-in-three-weeks/p1

• Funny, I’ve bought a Sisyphus kinetic sand sculpture a while ago 😉

• Thanks Mike, I'll check that link out, and appreciate the offer of ongoing advice, cheers!

• Thank you for listening @despego. Much appreciated. @KirbyMumbo. Thanks.mWill check out Joe Hisaishi.

• Very nice. I much prefer this thought out measured approach to melody and chord progression relative to millions of notes and crazy chord structures you get in some jazz pieces.

It kinda reminds me in feel to my favourite Jazz artist, Thelonius Monk. I love his chord progressions, inharmonies and touch with melody always foremost in his mind.

• @LinearLineman You know I'm a big fan, this is an other easy listening.......Great!

• @cyberheater, Monk was one of my strongest influences as a kid. He bridged the gap between old and new better than anybody else in jazz, I think. i saw him perform with guys like Willie The Lion Smith. Willie, was anchored in the world of stride bass. Monk transcended that without losing its essence.

My stuff is not thought out, though. I wish I could do that with jazz. It’s spontaneity or nothing. I never know what’s going to happen. It’s exciting Sometimes, but takes faith and risk. Still,I am grateful for the surprises.

Thank you @Pierre118. These are the days of easy listening, I think.