Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Public beta link for Multiband Compressor by Blue Mangoo Software

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=170413614561932&id=100626914873936

The link is on our facebook page but you do not need to have a Facebook account to view the post.

Comments

• Thanks. Just downloaded. I will report if I face some issue :-)

• edited August 2020

Just a GUI comment but it would seem more natural for the numbers to go

1 2
    3 4

Rather than

1 3
    2 4

Maybe?

• edited August 2020

Nice one @Blue_Mangoo!
    I have two three suggestions for you:
    1. The ratio knobs don't rotate smoothly when turning up and down and the values are limited to very few notches
    2. Is there any way to change parameters on up to 4 bands simultaneously? I mean, that would be the first thing I'd aim for: To get a good first basic setting and then continue with individual band tweaks.
    3. How can I see the input/output levels of the individual bands? (GR would be nice too)

• For me, it is glitches fest as soon as I have more than one band

• edited August 2020

not showing up in the au3 list. neither in AUM nor Audiobus

ipadOS 14 beta 5

seeing it on another device with ipadOS 13.6.1 though

• @nuno_agogo obvious, I know, but worth checking: you did of course try loading it in an fx slot rather than an audio slot?

• Because other ppl clearly used it OK and it definitely wouldn't have been standalone

• _ki_ki
    edited August 2020

To install/register an AUv3 you also need to open the standalone once

• @Gavinski said:
    @nuno_agogo obvious, I know, but worth checking: you did of course try loading it in an fx slot rather than an audio slot?

of course

• @_ki said:
    To install/register an AUv3 you also need to open the standalone once

did that too

• _ki_ki
    edited August 2020

Hmm - do other AUv3 also have this problem on IOS 14 beta 5 ?

The last IOS version transistions have been quite smooth (i mean compared to the IOS 9 crackles desaster....).

• @_ki said:

The last IOS version transistions have been quite smooth (i mean compared to the IOS 9 crackles desaster....).

not that i know of. the multiband haas i showing up as expected btw.

• @nuno_agogo said:

@_ki said:

Delete it. Restart your ipad. Install it and open it again that should do the trick hopefullz

• @david_2017 said:

@nuno_agogo said:

@_ki said:

Delete it. Restart your ipad. Install it and open it again that should do the trick hopefullz

ok, that did the trick

• @Blue_Mangoo: maybe could be more straight forward to switch between band views by tapping on the upper graph

• edited August 2020

@nuno_agogo said:

ipadOS 14 beta 5

iPad restart did it for me.

• It’s pretty crackly for me and seems to be giving almost a comb filtering effect when I put it on something. I’ve been trying to use it on drums but haven’t worked out anything that sounds good

• edited August 2020

@cuscolima said:
    For me, it is glitches fest as soon as I have more than one band

When you say "more than one band", could you explain more about that? It should have all four bands running all of the time unless you mute or solo one of them.

Edit:

After testing it, I see what you mean. There is something wrong with the way the compressor units are set up.

• @nuno_agogo said:

ipadOS 14 beta 5

Same here , not showing up , AUM and AB

iPhone 8plus

• @hisdudeness said:

@nuno_agogo said:

ipadOS 14 beta 5

Same here , not showing up , AUM and AB

iPhone 8plus

This happens because the ipad needs to add the plugin to its list of audio units. First run the plugin in standalone mode. Then restart the host app. If that doesn’t work, restart the whole iPad.

• I just checked this plugin myself for the first time. It is not really working. We will work out the main bugs on Monday.

• edited August 2020

In aum, when I pull the soft knee all the way down, it kills all the sound on my iPad. No more sound from browser, yt etc. Until aum is closed. Also, solo buttons not working as expected.