Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo + Chance

Testing out a new little MidiRack @bcrichards put together based on a request i made on the Drambo forum and here’s the evolving piece:

You can grab the AUM setup here as well:
project file:

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0XydqLPOIEbxw4xGku9CrIcqQ#between_the_signal_paths

Comments

• Beautiful. Thanks for sharing the music and the file.

• @hypnopad said:
    Beautiful. Thanks for sharing the music and the file.

Sure thing. I've been playing it the background in the studio all morning...it just kind of melts in to the background. Feel free to repost the file if you expand upon it. :)

• Says can’t open document when I click on the link. Don’t know if it’s on your end or mine. Never had much luck with iCloud - very confusing stuff.

• Hrmmm. Wonder if you need to be on 13.6 and above for it to work. I ditched Dropbox a few months ago. Let me see what i can do.

• @echoopera astounding music and great opportunity for learning, thank you so much!

• I used a device on 13.6.1

• McDMcD
    edited August 2020

I had to drop a few FX to get it to run on an iPad 2018 model. I just moved a lot of the FX to a
    track and re-routed most of the tracks though that FX master track and dropped their inline FX.

Look Ma', I'm Drambo'n'.

Thank you for the AUM project to make it easy to get it set up and modify.

• Looks like it’s on my end. I’ll try another device.

• Awesome! I downloaded the file and opened it in AUM no problem. I was missing a few apps that you had, but it was just a matter of replacing them with alternatives. What fun!

Thank you for this amazing creation and for sharing it with the world!

• Glad everyone enjoys the project file. I’ll look for a better system of distribution for these in the future.

The great thing about AUM is that the routing is so flexible you can do almost anything with it once you open it up.

Thanks for the feedback everyone 👊🏼🙏🏼

• SoundForMore does a great walk thru on the Random module here:

• edited August 2020

Here’s another little Drambo Randomness + AUM project file for you to enjoy:

Project file:
    https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0mGKIeEkyH7uo5YkuD41UfM9Q#Randomness

• edited August 2020

Keeping up with Randomness and Cycle Conditions:

Using a lot of @Spidericemidas patches on this track of course :)

• @echoopera said:

Crikey! That’s immense and majestic! I sense another album underway! 😃👍 Nice work with Drambo too. I won’t pretend to understand what you’re doing with it, but whatever it is, it’s working a treat. I think I’ll just stick to making sounds and let you do the hard work with them. 😉

• @Spidericemidas said:

@echoopera said:

Crikey! That’s immense and majestic! I sense another album underway! 😃👍 Nice work with Drambo too. I won’t pretend to understand what you’re doing with it, but whatever it is, it’s working a treat. I think I’ll just stick to making sounds and let you do the hard work with them. 😉

HA! Don't give me that...I've heard your production work...Open up DRAMBO now and start making some patches and some music....:)

Thanks again for the great patches...they are so polished and a joy to use when composing.

• @echoopera Your stuff always takes me somewhere beautiful. Thanks.
    I look forward to when I can be as prolific as you and @LinearLineman.😉

• @hypnopad said:
    @echoopera Your stuff always takes me somewhere beautiful. Thanks.
    I look forward to when I can be as prolific as you and @LinearLineman.😉

A great many thanks...just trying to do my part in my little corner of the world of music. :)

• @echoopera said:
    Keeping up with Randomness and Cycle Conditions

You make a great team... I find this music comforting in a time of great distress
    and for that I thank you.

• edited September 2020

@McD said:

@echoopera said:

You make a great team... I find this music comforting in a time of great distress

Thank you so much sir.

I'm going to be posting a demo soon which features the MPC One being used as the primary Sequencer being fed into Drambo to leverage all the Random Chance bits as it passes along the Midi data from the MPC One to all the soft synths in AUM.

It's a nice little touch and a nice way to add a little bit of variety and movement to tracks.

FWIW, I could also do this in Rozeta, but I like managing these operations from a single Midi fx panel in AUM.

Oh how I love me some Drambo more and more each day :)

• @echoopera said:

@McD said:

@echoopera said:

Thank you so much sir.

I'm going to be posting a demo soon which features the MPC One being used as the primary Sequencer being fed into Drambo to leverage all the Random Chance bits as it passes along the Midi data from the MPC One to all the soft synths in AUM.

It's a nice little touch and a nice way to add a little bit of variety and movement to tracks.

FWIW, I could also do this in Rozeta, but I like managing these operations from a single Midi fx panel in AUM.

Oh how I love me some Drambo more and more each day :)

Wow that sounds very cool and way over my head! You’ve really mastered it and gelled with Drambo in your workflow, which is great to see, as I haven’t been able to crack this amazing app! Looking forward to seeing and hearing what you come up with next! 👍