Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MOTU M2 & the Auria USB Interface Indicator

My MOTU M2 seem to be working fine with Auria using just a usb-c cable to my iPad Pro 12.9 3rd gen.
I'm not using any kind of powered / unnpowered hub - the M2 is getting all its power directly from the iPad.
Playback works as expected, and for recording I'm even getting sufficient phantom power to my condenser mic.

However, the Auria USB Interface Indicator shows "INT" when the M2 is plugged in and in use instead of the expected "USB".

I previously used a Motu 624 interface (now sold) with my iPad Pro, and the Auria indicator would show "USB"

Any performance issues or other concerns with Auria still showing "INT" instead of "USB" even when using an external audio interface?

Comments

• Did you use the Motu 624 with the same iPad, or is this a new iPad as well as a new interface?

• edited August 2020

Same for me... The only thing I’ve seen is the “set record level” setting doesn’t work properly in Auria Pro. You can adjust the gain, but it doesn’t actually do anything. I really don’t use AP too much so...

I have a 2020 iPad Pro 11” 2nd gen and I sometimes don’t get enough power for the M2. The result is that none of the inputs work properly. I then need to try again and fiddle around before it works properly. MOTO tech support was great, but it want the unit. I now use a dongle to connect and I haven’t had a problem. Another plus is that the dongle powers the iPad. I’m using this

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1500224-REG/apple_muf82am_a_usb_c_digital_av_multiport.html

To be clear I get the same “INT” with or without the adapter.

• @uncledave said:
    Did you use the Motu 624 with the same iPad, or is this a new iPad as well as a new interface?

I used the Motu 624 with this 3rd gen iPad Pro.
    I like the M2, but I wish I'd never sold the 624.

@lsd87 said:
    To be clear I get the same “INT” with or without the adapter.

Thanks for the info.
    I'll likely pick up some kind of adapter / powered hub just to make sure there's sufficient power for the M2.

• Only reason why I'm concerned at all is I thought the Interface Indicator's purpose was to show where the digital audio was getting its clock signal from.
    Either "INT"ernally from the iPad itself, or externally from the "USB" interface.
    I'd think that an external audio interface would work best if it was the clocking master - but really have no idea if it makes a difference with an iPad, or even if I'm just misunderstanding the purpose of Auria's USB Interface Indicator.

Thus far I've not heard any obvious popping or clicking that I would attribute to a digital clocking problem.