Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Paint It Blacker / Trilling flutes

BeatHawk flutes and Tremolo Strings, iFretless Clarinet and Bass Clarinet. I never thought much of the clarinet, except for Klezmer music. But, in my dotage, I am hearing it more and more in my stuff. It speaks of zephyrs and Springtime. I especially like iFretless’ clarinets.

Comments

• Very nice!!

• McDMcD
    edited August 2020

Music trivia:

Saxes and Flutes overblow on the octave. So on a flute or sax, if you learn the fingering for
    a C scale and you use the "octave button" the fingerings are the same for each octave.

In the clarinet this is NOT the case. When you use the "overflow" key the fingerings repeat
    up and octave and 1/2 (or a 12th interval). The acoustics of why the clarinet over blows on the 12th and not the octave have to do with it acting as a "closed pipe".

Here's an explanation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=60&v=N5Ch2NThFvY&feature=emb_logo

It's cool when he switches the mouth pieces and the acoustic effect follows the mouthpiece.

One of them sounds more like a saw tooth and one more like a sine wave due to the overtones (odds and evens).

• Thank you @biggtiny, much appreciated!
    @McD, we do need a flarinet.. then that video would be half as long.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thank you @biggtiny, much appreciated!
    @McD, we do need a flarinet.. then that video would be half as long.

We could easily combine the two for a flarinet sound. Arrangers love to find
    instruments they can blend together to make new sounds from real instruments.

I remember a trumpet and a soprano sax being forced to play a unison melody
    once and the trumpet player went postal because the soprano sax was so far out of tune.
    It's the hardest sax to play in tune and too many sax players buy a really cheap one which only makes it harder. Sax players end up having to buy 5 saxes/woodwinds (tenor, alto, soprano, flute and clarinet). Trumpet players just get to be assholes. That particular trumpet player went on to become an LA session regular who has his own band and multiple albums. But he didn't want to have any doubt about who was out of tune.