Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Overloud’s clean amps demo.Inspired by daveypoo.

I use a very simple set-up.
Here it is: RRS comp 609 (first in the signal chain),overloud,iconvolver( 1x12 speaker cab,jensen speaker),and adverb2.
This app has great clean amps.
All of them have their own personality.
Hope you will like it.
Please like and subscribe to my channel if that’s the case😉.
Thanks!
Flo

Comments

• Wow, Flo, those amps do sound pretty awesome!

Is the RRS comp 609 an Overloud unit??? All I see in their store is an "RSS Compressor pedal."

Mighty tasty playing — as always!

• Very cool!

Thanks for the link!

What do you get with the IAP?

• You can use it with no time limit.
    All their apps are fantastic.

• Nervermind, @flo26 . Read the description after downloading the free version! 🤓

"It gives you 5 minutes of Free play time."

• That app has only been out a couple days, how do you like it???

https://apps.apple.com/fr/app/comp-609/id1514569444

It looks pretty cool — side chain and everything. The company has only been releasing stuff here since December!!!

• Hey - EVERYONE needs to watch this one to see what a "real" guitar player sounds like!

• @Daveypoo said:

Hey - EVERYONE needs to watch this one to see what a "real" guitar player sounds like!

Thanks SO MUCH dave for your kind words!
    Flo

• FYI: The Compressor being modeled is the Stam Audio SA-609 is a faithful replica of the legendary Neve 33609 two-channel compressor / limiter.

A Magic Death Eye would make a suitable replacement for anyone on a budget... that 5 minute limit will make you pay if you're like me. it takes more than 5 minutes for me to
    warm up.

• Wow. I love the TH-U amps and their GUI interface. I need that LynchBox for sure. I hope it's just part of the Rock Bundle. If not I probably need to saving for the "whole enchilada" or maybe buy it ala carte. But my bundles to date are just the Funk and R&B which has most of the clean amps. But that LynchBox "Clean" is still wearing a chastity belt.

• @McD said:
    FYI: The Compressor being modeled is the Stam Audio SA-609 is a faithful replica of the legendary Neve 33609 two-channel compressor / limiter.

Leave it to the Professor to fill us all in! 🙌🏻

I'd actually heard of that one. The features on the app are quite impressive:

"FEATURES:

• 6 Attack, 9 Recovery (Release) and 5 Ratio selections;
    • External Sidechain and Sidechain signal High-pass filter;
    • 6 operation modes: M/S, Mid-channel, Side-channel, Mono with Right-channel as Sidechain signal, 2-Mono, linked Stereo (or Mono);
    • Parallel compression;
    • 8x Oversampling and 64-bit floating point processing.

COMPRESSOR SECTION:

• Threshold determines how much compression will occur. When the input signal exceeds the Threshold level, the compressor engages. A smaller value results in more compression. The available range is from -20 dBu to +12 dBu;
    • Attack determines how fast limiting will engage when the signal exceeds the limiter Threshold. The available values is from 1 to 6;
    • Recovery (Release) is the time it takes for the compressor to stop processing after the signal drops below the Threshold value. The available values are 40, 80, 100, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1500, 2000 ms;
    • Ratio — this control determines the compressor ratio. The available values are 1.5:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1 and 6:1;
    • Sat. On — this toggle switch enables the Analog Saturation. The saturation has no effect unless this switch is in the «On» (down) position.

MASTER SECTION:

• SC-Filter — the Sidechain Filter controls the cutoff frequency of a low-cut filter on the compressor control signal Sidechain. The available range is 30 Hz to 240 Hz and Off;
    • Input Gain controls the signal input level to the plug-in;
    • The Makeup control increases the signal level out of the compressor to compensate for reduced levels as a result of compression. The available range is -20 dB to +20 dB. The Makeup control does not affect the amount of compression;
    • Mix — the output balance between the signal processed by the plug-in and the original dry source signal can be adjusted with the Mix control. Mix facilitates parallel compression techniques without having to create additional routings in the DAW;
    • Comp. In — this toggle switch enables the compressor. The compressor has no effect unless this switch is in the «In» (down) position.
    • Mode — compressor can operate in six modes: M/S, Mid-channel, Side-channel, Mono with Right-channel as Sidechain signal, 2-Mono, linked Stereo (or Mono). This switch determines the active mode.

Of course all you really need to know is that if @flo26, is using it, it's awesome! 🤗

• @SNystrom said:
    Of course all you really need to know is that if @flo26, is using it, it's awesome! 🤗

He generally adds some extra App to his mix that explains why he sounds so much better than anyone else... I generally use the secret of his IR files to explain why I can't get his tone with the same tools. I don't have that cabinet IR and he can't remember which one he uses. It explains everything, right?

If you TH-U doesn't quite sound like his with everything set as he shows then it's the IR at work. Right? Or the Luke Guitar.

Or maybe the air in France. It's better for making art. Picasso? He did his best work in Paris. Many Jazz musicians moved to France for the air. We are still trying to fix the "air" in american so "Jazz" musicians can breath. It's only going to take another couple centuries, I reckon.

• Hahahaha!!!!

Well put, Professor!

One day perhaps we'll be able to grasp the secret sauce.

Downloaded a Gabby French course this morning! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

• So it's the extra app and not the 100,000 plus hours @Flo spent practicing his technique? @Flo can you please post a link to that extra app? Thanks

• @hacked_to_pieces said:
    So it's the extra app and not the 100,000 plus hours @Flo spent practicing his technique?

Yes. It's the app or the IR file or the air or the guitar or the pick or the strings or the knobs he uses on his guitar. Still working to match his rig. Until I get it right, I still suck but that's what we "guitar wanna-bees" do... we buy more stuff to get better.

It occurred to me this week to stop comparing myself to others and just focus on enjoying the work of making music. Still seeking to stop that internal critic that's evaluating what I think someone else might be thinking when they hear something. Stopping unproductive "thinking" and being "here and now" is key.

I'll never reach @flo26's level of proficiency but I should learn to hear what I'm doing without judgement before I have to quit. That's my plan.

• He already did!

It's no secret:

https://apps.apple.com/fr/app/comp-609/id1514569444

Now you can experience 5 minutes at a time: FOR FREE!!!!

Obviously we were all joking, but this new company has created some pretty awesome vintage recreations that can make anyone (even the great Flo!) sound even better!

• To be fair,the compressor is very good,but i could have used magic death eye,fabfilter c2,or whatever,it would have sounded as good.
    The compressor is used in a very gentle way😉.

• edited August 2020

Is it true that @DaveyPoo 's complete surname is Putin?

• @flo26 said:
    The compressor is used in a very gentle way😉.

I'm trying to caress my compressor and I'm not hearing a change in my tone but thanks for the additional clue.

FYI: The LynchBox "Clean" isn't in any bundle except the "Full" ($110) and it's $5 ala carte.
    Most of the other amps demo'ed are in the "Funk and R&B" for lover's of clean tones that find the $18 bundle a good way to get "clean".

BRUNETTI SINGLEMAN
    One-channel tube combo. This product arises from the particular need of each guitar player to have a low power amp of great quality, easy to use, versatile and adaptable to a wide range of live or studio situations.

DARKFACE ’65
    The Darkface ’65 is a super clean classic American tube amp.This amp found its way in various musical styles because of its ability to preserve the guitar’s natural tonal characteristics. The amp was designed to stay clean at very high volumes. Try playing clean arpeggiated chords on this amplifier and you will understand why it has been used on so many records.

JAZZ 12'O
    In 1975, a Japanese manufacturer welcomed the arrival of the “King of Clean”, its first stereo all-transistor amplifier designed for Jazz. A revolution in guitar amplifier technology, this amp looked and sounded like no other amp. Thirty years later it remains in high demand by guitarists around the world who are looking for a super-clean and hi-fi tone.

BASSFACE ’59
    The Bassface ’59 is modeled after a classic American all tube amplifier. This amp was originally designed for bass players, but quickly found its way in guitar rigs throughout the world. It’s great for blues and country tones. Although not originally designed with overdriven tones in mind, it will work wonderfully paired with an overdrive pedal.

HIGH WATTAGE NORMAL
    Modeled after HiWatt DR103. Mid 60s. The amp kicks out such a pure, powerful tone that it really compliments the pedals put through it rather than competes with them like some other amps, yet on the other hand has the rich, classic ‘British’ tone which stands out so distinctively, particularly when the amp is cranked up.

CALIPER 50 CLEAN
    This is a 50W combo designed to play hard rock in small venues: the clean channel has become famous for offering plenty of crystal-clear headroom on rhythm.

MARKUS II CLEAN
    It is the version II of a very famous line of american amplifier. In particular, the revision II C+ covers almost every style I play which includes blues, alternative, classic rock, modern rock, oldschool metal, modern metal and much more.

M. PLEXI
    It is the emulation of the legendary British Plexiglass-panel amplifier, manufactured from 1965 to 1981 when it was replaced by the 800. It is a 100W amp equipped with EL34 power tubes. The lead channel has a boosted bright tone, and the rhythm channel has a flat response. Besides Pete Townshend of The Who, early users include Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix, who used this amplifier with four 4×12" cabinets at the 1969 Woodstock Festival.

THD UNIVALVE
    This module is Overloud’s authorized model of the THD Univalve guitar amplifier. The particularity of this amp is that it’s a single-ended Class A amplifier. This means that the single output tube can be switched at will among many octal-based power tubes giving players access to many different tones without re-biasing the amp. The Univalve shines when playing Blues.

TOP30 (UK) BRIGHT
    The Top30 (UK) is a 30 watt classic all tube British guitar amplifier. It was designed in the 60s as a solution to guitar players not being heard when playing in a live band situation. As it was the case with most earlier guitar amps, it was designed to stay clean at higher volumes. The Top30 (UK) has a very recognizable discreet gain to it which gives it a very unique character.

TUMBLE ODS - CHANNEL 1
    The Tumble ODS is modeled after a prestigious all tube boutique guitar amp that was created in the early 80s in Los Angeles, CA. This 100 watts amplifier was never mass produced and is very rare. It is known for it’s incredible ability to preserve the player’s personality without over coloring the sound of the guitars used. The first channel of the Tumble is for clean tones.

FENDER TWEED DELUXE
    The Fender Deluxe amp of the 1950s was a medium-powered unit designed to let guitarists "hold their own" in a small group. The Tweed Deluxe is not known for producing a clean tone at high volumes, and as such, was regarded as being an intermediate amplifier.

1X10" CALIPER STUDIO 50
    This is the speaker cabinet of the Caliper Studio 50W combo. Despite its small size, it features a big and huge bottom end and, at the same time, smooth out the high frequency fuzziness of some distortions. This is great if you are looking for very fat and creamy tones.

1X12” BLUELUX (US)
    Fender Blues Deluxe

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Is it true that @DaveyPoo 's complete surname is Putin?

Definitely not. I ride horses with my shirt ON, thank you very much.

https://s.abcnews.com/images/International/gty-putin-horse-er-170510_2x3_1600.jpg

• Hahahaha!!!!!

• @McD said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:
    So it's the extra app and not the 100,000 plus hours @Flo spent practicing his technique?

Yes. It's the app or the IR file or the air or the guitar or the pick or the strings or the knobs he uses on his guitar. Still working to match his rig. Until I get it right, I still suck but that's what we "guitar wanna-bees" do... we buy more stuff to get better.

It occurred to me this week to stop comparing myself to others and just focus on enjoying the work of making music. Still seeking to stop that internal critic that's evaluating what I think someone else might be thinking when they hear something. Stopping unproductive "thinking" and being "here and now" is key.

I'll never reach @flo26's level of proficiency but I should learn to hear what I'm doing without judgement before I have to quit. That's my plan.

Lol, I hope it's the pick I might be able to squeeze that in the budget.

• It’s not the pick, but you’re close:

• McDMcD
    edited August 2020

@hacked_to_pieces said:
    Lol, I hope it's the pick I might be able to squeeze that in the budget.

He hand makes his picks from unicorn horns. So, we're still condemned to practice. Some players just get their picks blessed by unicorns at a young age and some say the blessing is on the hands themselves... either way, you need that damn unicorn. That's why many claim it's in the hands and forget to mention the unicorn contribution.

Of course, the blessing only works if you don't divulge the secret. But I'm willing to share these mysteries so we can all hunt together and maybe get one of those picks.

• @hacked_to_pieces said:
    So it's the extra app and not the 100,000 plus hours @Flo spent practicing his technique? @Flo can you please post a link to that extra app? Thanks

Lol!

• @flo26 said:

@Flo can you please post a link to that extra app? Thanks
    Lol!

But "Lol!" is not an AUv3. Developers? Can you help?