Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s talk about the best action camera for iOS users (between GoPro & DJI)

My review of the GoPro Hero 8 vs Dji Osmo Action from an iOS users perspective! Enjoy.

Comments

• What do you think of Insta360 One R ?

• @u0421793 said:
    What do you think of Insta360 One R ?

Is this the one with the Leica version? If so I haven’t tried it, but I personally capped out $300 on standalone camera budget. I’ve heard good things about it, but for the price it’s at I would get a dedicated dslr, unless I wanted to do action stuff with it lol 😂. I don’t do extreme action but wanted a really small convenient camera.

• Hah, I've got rid of all my DSLR stuff ages ago. My one and only camera now is a first-gen Sony RX10. Well, that and a Sony A5100, but I don't really use that as a camera, just for macro shots with a left-over Micro-Nikkor adapted to it. And I've also got a Sony AS15 action cam, which is quite good, if a bit old. And an old Fujifilm F770EXR which I forgot I still had, and is useless for keeping stuff in focus on video and doesn't have clean HDMI out, so, junk (but it can take nice stills in good light, sometimes). Yep, down to one camera now. Just the one.

• Certainly not the best but the cheapest maybe?
    I have a chinese SJ4000 action cam with HD video resolution (30fps) that I got new for $25 including a water proof case, a spare battery and a tripod mounting bracket.
    It has a WiFi server mode to connect and download photos and videos from it using iPhone or iPad without requiring any WiFi hotspot.
    It also has a car mode that will start video recording as soon as external power is on.

@u0421793 said:
    Hah, I've got rid of all my DSLR stuff ages ago. My one and only camera now is a first-gen Sony RX10. Well, that and a Sony A5100, but I don't really use that as a camera, just for macro shots with a left-over Micro-Nikkor adapted to it.

That's a bummer, the a5100 is still an excellent camera. Pair it with a Sony SEL35F18 or SEL90M28G and you have a top notch kit.

• @u0421793 said:
    Hah, I've got rid of all my DSLR stuff ages ago. My one and only camera now is a first-gen Sony RX10. Well, that and a Sony A5100, but I don't really use that as a camera, just for macro shots with a left-over Micro-Nikkor adapted to it. And I've also got a Sony AS15 action cam, which is quite good, if a bit old. And an old Fujifilm F770EXR which I forgot I still had, and is useless for keeping stuff in focus on video and doesn't have clean HDMI out, so, junk (but it can take nice stills in good light, sometimes). Yep, down to one camera now. Just the one.

Are you planning on mainly doing action cam stuff with it, using it outside, or doing Indoor more studio set up based stuff?

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@u0421793 said:
    Hah, I've got rid of all my DSLR stuff ages ago. My one and only camera now is a first-gen Sony RX10. Well, that and a Sony A5100, but I don't really use that as a camera, just for macro shots with a left-over Micro-Nikkor adapted to it. And I've also got a Sony AS15 action cam, which is quite good, if a bit old. And an old Fujifilm F770EXR which I forgot I still had, and is useless for keeping stuff in focus on video and doesn't have clean HDMI out, so, junk (but it can take nice stills in good light, sometimes). Yep, down to one camera now. Just the one.

Are you planning on mainly doing action cam stuff with it, using it outside, or doing Indoor more studio set up based stuff?

360 stuff has always interested me since I used to shoot QTVR panos in the late 90s (on film, with my Nikon F4 + 20mm, on a Kaidan pano rig!). A few years ago I was trying out spatial audio with the Zoom H2n updated firmware that gives you an ambisonic-b file (minus any up-down content in that particular channel). The Insta360 seems particularly impressive for a 360 video workflow these days.

Also, we just got new folding bikes, and an action cam for the bike seems attractive (I clamped the Sony AS15 on the other day and shot some VGA res stuff to test, and yes, it's good – might try it on time lapse mode which produces a vast mountain of still images you have to deal with yourself) (hint: use the Quicktime player app).

For green screen and video studio stuff I've got a good video cam (well, it's an old Sony DVD-based handycam, the UX3, but I'm not using it to record on, and it does have a lovely Vario-Sonnar lens) (and so does my RX10, which is why I chose it). But an Insta360 can adapt the zoom (does it just crop in, I wonder, or is it doing some computational photog stuff like an iPhone does?). That'd allow me to set up a second cam that still gets the CSO background all in frame, but that I can look sideways to, to break the fourth wall – if that sort of thing is valuable (perhaps it is, in zoom meetings? must try it).

On a different note, this SJ action cam seems to have some irresistible reviews on eBay, might have to get one if this is what people say about it!: