Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mozaic: Is there a way to retrieve Ableton Link's phase for an X count loop?

edited August 2020 in Other

As described in earlier threads in both this forum and the Group The Loop (GTL) one, I'm struggling hard in predicting the point in time that Ableton Link promotes for synchronising apps to an X count loop (e.g. 2, or 4, or 8 bars).

Please see this comment: https://forum.grouptheloop.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/1430/#Comment_1430

The best thing would be to have something like this inside Mozaic to retrieve this information:

@OnAbletonLinkPhase
  if ClockLength = 8
    // Do something right now
  endif
@End

Thinking about it, this would not be the best thing for me, as I need to execute some stuff right before this point in time. So I would need something like:

@OnAbletonLinkPhase
  if ClockLength = 8
    if beatsRemaining = 0.25
      // I got the duration of one quarter of a beat now to do my things
    endif
  endif
@End

I think something like that is not possible using Mozaic. So I hope for workarounds.

One idea is that any other app which is capable of retrieving the needed information from Ableton Link would trigger some MIDI event at the right moment, which then could be reacted upon inside Mozaic. This feels pretty awkward, and I don't want to add more tools to my setup than needed, but still, it might be the only way...?

Any other brainstormings are highly welcome.