Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A Declaration of Loss and Love

edited August 2020 in Other

Today marks a day that will forever remain uncharged in my life and spirit. At 4:24PM Austin, TX CST time my Father passed on to the Lord. He was a good man. A loving father and Husband. His final days on earth were spent in idle pain due to his Parkinson’s and Dementia, but we poured our love in to him as best we could via FaceTime chats every day.

I know this is a music site, but i know that we’ve all faced hardships, setbacks and losses during this year and if we cannot grieve and support each other as a community what good is there in community.

Thanks for the time you each contribute to this forum. You inspire, delight and motivate me on so many levels. I hope that you and your families are doing well during these times.

Love one another with all your heart. I consider you all Brothers and Sisters on many different levels and I pray for many blessings on your lives.

Thanks for hearing me out. I just wanted to share this moment with you all. Yes it may be selfish, but i know that i am broken and that the pain i have will heal over time...and i wanted to share my brokenness with you all.

Thanks for all that each of you do. Be well. Be strong. And may the Lord watch over each of you no matter your path in this blessed life 🙏🏼💕

Comments

• edited August 2020

@echoopera So sorry for your loss friend. One thing about AB forums that makes it more than a forum is the way we are free to share our life experiences beyond music and I'm grateful you've felt free to do so, especially in the numbness and pain of loss. I have also experienced end-of-life care for an elderly parent with dementia so I can sympathise at some level with your family experience, also because we belong to similar faith communities, which was a strength and support throughout.

Holding you in my thoughts and prayers 🙏🏼

• @echoopera I am so sorry for your loss. Lux Perpetua Luceat Eis.

• Thank you @craftycurate for your kind words and compassion. Having our Rock certainly helps with the ebb and flow of life.

Thanks @mjcouche for the Latin. I learned something new and cannot thank you enough 🙏🏼💕

• @echoopera I hope you pour your feelings into a tribute piece for your father to commemorate a good man who lived a good life. When the time is right.

Was he interested in your music at various points in your life? My father and mother were the source for my love of music and always supported me with lessons, instruments and financial support to lift me up.

• So sorry for your loss @echoopera and thank you for your trust in sharing!
    May God comfort you and your family!

• Thank you @McD. I know i will be pouring a lot of myself into music over the coming weeks. My father was an AirForce retiree who loved life, baseball and his wife and kids.

I am the oddball “artist” of the family who tossed away a Pilot slot in the Air Force from College ROTC..and lets just say it took a few years to insure my Dad that the Force wasn’t my path. When he finally told me that he was proud of me a couple years ago i almost lost it right there.

• Thank you @jacou and may you be blessed in all you do 🙏🏼💕

• Our thoughts are with you. My father suffered from both afflictions - be glad that you made his later days the best that they could have been.

• @Crawlingwind thank you and sorry for your loss as well. We did our best considering what 20/20 delivered to us all.

• @echoopera said:
    Thank you @McD. I know i will be pouring a lot of myself into music over the coming weeks. My father was an AirForce retiree who loved life, baseball and his wife and kids.

I am the oddball “artist” of the family who tossed away a Pilot slot in the Air Force from College ROTC..and lets just say it took a few years to insure my Dad that the Force wasn’t my path. When he finally told me that he was proud of me a couple years ago i almost lost it right there.

My dad was a lifer Marine but I think I lived the life he really wanted studying music in college then going back for an engineering degree to afford a family sine I wouldn't become a teacher... I couldn't handle football half-time shows after 8 years on the field.
    Why would I make kids do that too? We had great away game motel parties tho'.

• Oh man, powerful words, powerful loss. I’m sorry for you and am wishing you the very best.

• So sorry for your lost. Be strong for those around you.

Many of us in this forum have lost fathers in the recent years. Don't be afraid to reach out if you need to talk.

• @echoopera said:
    When he finally told me that he was proud of me a couple years ago i almost lost it right there.

I'm so glad you had that moment of validation. You're work speaks for itself here and he
    should have been proud of your work and dedication to making people happy with music.

• A tremendous loss, Echoopera. We only get one in our lives. My dad died suddenly when he was 60 and I was 18. I had dreams about him for years. The dreams took on where we had left off... me rebelling (1960s, of course) and him angry. As the time passed my dad and I aged in my dreams. We reconciled while I slept and after a few years he was at the end and I was taking care of him. Then the dreams stopped. If we’re lucky it works out one way or another.

Glad you shared your feelings. Lots of generous souls here.

• @echoopera Hard to think about feeling lucky when things are cracked, but any man who can look at his own father and know that he loved and was loved is certainly lucky in this life. And that will only continue to grow, I promise. My dad died more than a decade ago and I hear his voice in my head and laugh at the conversations we're still having more than ever before.

• @echoopera. He was proud of you long before he told you so is my uninformed guess. It just takes us a while to get there.
    You’re gifting us by sharing this. No small thing what you and yours went through.

• @echoopera I suspect your dad knew what we all know of you on this forum: a creative, humble polite guy who is kind and articulate. With such a loss now behind you I hope any sorrow heals steadily from here forward. Stay strong good man.

• A great many thanks for the kind words and solidarity and sharing the pain as they say.

Peace and joy be yours @kinkujin @ecou @LinearLineman @JohnnyGoodyear @ben @Proppa

We don’t think much about the other side of life, but when it is gone, a hole appears inside of us that should be filled with the love and grace that was once present in the ones we miss.

Here’s to all of you who wear the scars and badges of our departed Fathers 🙏🏼💕 they are missed but not forgotten...

• Hey my friend, I am so so so sorry for your loss. It’s a wonderful privilege to have a father that is involved in your life and standing behind you and cheerleading you all the way through life... but these dads are so hard to let go. I can’t fathom your pain and grief! You need strength and I wish you and your whole family only the best!!! Thanks for opening and sharing your heart!

• David
  • My deepest sympathies and condolences for your loss.

• Sorry for your loss.

• My condolences. Your vids and tracks have been inspiring to me.

• @echoopera thanks for sharing with us and sorry to hear of your fathers passing. I hope you find peace with your grief.

• Deepest sympathies for you and your family @echoopera. Glad you got to connect with your pop before he passed. He sounds like a good guy.

• Thank you for sharing your brokenness with us @echoopera . I, too, lost my father to dementia. I never shared my loss here nor anywhere else online. I thought I was being manly, but in hindsight I wasn’t man enough.

• @echoopera Sorry for your loss. I’m glad you were able to know your father and especially have him validate your uniqueness. For that you are lucky. I lost my father when I was too young to really know him.

• @groby @david_2017 @aplourde @Clueless @GovernorSilver @bcrichards @ecamburn @Blipsford_Baubie @hypnopad

A great many thanks to each of you for your warm and kind sentiments. This is why i love the AudioBus forum. Each one of you cherish and value what is decent and essential in life. I cannot thank you all enough for your support and encouragement.

We’re in this Game of Life together and because of this simple fact we can be free to share who we are with one another.

Blessings and joy and love for each of you and yours. 🙏🏼💕

• @echoopera sorry to hear the news. Please accept our condolences!

• @echoopera sorry to hear this. Difficult thing to go through for sure, just process it all in your own time and don't be afraid of a bit of grief while remembering we're all gonna be in the same boat some day.

• @echoopera My deepest sympathies to you and yours. I truly hope that your father has found peace and comfort. You’re in the company of friends. Peace to you brother.