Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to use spare iPad as an extended display, second screen

edited August 2020 in App Tips and Tricks

Is this possible?

I have an old iPad 4. I want to use it to extend (not mirror) the display of my new iPad Air 3. For example, I'd like to have AUM main view on the Air 3 and simultaneously view one of the full screen IAA apps (ThumbJam, Ostinator) on the iPad 4.

Or is it possible to extend the screen so that I can get a wider view of my AUM tracks (and AU pop-up screens)?

It would be really sweet if I could control the extended view with my fingers. But even a view-only version would help--with loopers especially, so I can see what state they're in as I control with foot pedals.

Thanks,

Steve
ThinAirX

Comments

• edited August 2020

That would be great (to extend the screen) but there is unfortunately no way to do it with iOS.

• @AudioGus, I was afraid of that. I searched and found lots of ways to connect to Apple TV, and mention of the iPad turning into a remote for AppleTV when it does. I was hoping I was missing something.

There are apps for doing this, but as far as I could tell they're only for connection iOS to laptops--OS devices.

Any iOS apps that do this? Or anything close?

• @ThinAirX said:
    @AudioGus, I was afraid of that. I searched and found lots of ways to connect to Apple TV, and mention of the iPad turning into a remote for AppleTV when it does. I was hoping I was missing something.

There are apps for doing this, but as far as I could tell they're only for connection iOS to laptops--OS devices.

Any iOS apps that do this? Or anything close?

Yah I have used my iPad as a second display for my laptop using Duet but the OS in no way supports spreading things out over multiple displays as cool as that would be. I wager that a dev could implement some sort of 'shell/host' scenario where you could run the app on both devices and then you could say have the mixer on one and the rest of the app on the other but the dev would need to do that for their own app, like AB Remote does for AB.

I do just love running two ipads with one or two audio interfaces and having Link sync them. It is a beautiful thing!