Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chord Bud 2 Out Now

Comments

• Is there a way to record these notes to a NS2 track? I can’t seem to get it in there. Is this a limitation to NS2, because I got the notes to write into Atom through NS2 but I can’t get those notes into NS2’s piano roll. Am I missing something or is it just not possible there?

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    Is there a way to record these notes to a NS2 track? I can’t seem to get it in there. Is this a limitation to NS2, because I got the notes to write into Atom through NS2 but I can’t get those notes into NS2’s piano roll. Am I missing something or is it just not possible there?

Not possible due to limitations in NS2. You have to route the midi out and back in. It’s kind of a pain. Are you using phone or iPad?

• @wim said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:
    Is there a way to record these notes to a NS2 track? I can’t seem to get it in there. Is this a limitation to NS2, because I got the notes to write into Atom through NS2 but I can’t get those notes into NS2’s piano roll. Am I missing something or is it just not possible there?

Not possible due to limitations in NS2. You have to route the midi out and back in. It’s kind of a pain. Are you using phone or iPad?

iPad. Thanks for the quick response.

• oof. okay. haven’t used NS2 in a while, but having problems with Cubasis lately so was trying to see if I can use NS2 until things get worked out again. I think the newest iOS introduced some issues with many plugins that I wasn’t having before. In AUM as well.

Thanks for the info though.

• 🔥 A HUGE Update is coming 🔥

• Preview :smiley:
    • Delete button on the chord editor
    • Undo button (saves up to 20 steps)
    • Insert mode (add a new chord next to the other chord)
    • AU Parameter for pattern change
    • Fixed the chord input step in tutorial mode.

• @cem_olcay said:
    🔥 A HUGE Update is coming 🔥

Wow this is amazing. Thanks so much. All real helpful things

• @cem_olcay said:

That looks awesome! Thank you for this! Been having fun with these apps.

• Super-cool 👍🏼

Thanks a lot for all these new features, i look forward to trying them out when the update drops 😀

• Nice! Did you fix the dropped chord issue?

• @cian said:
    Nice! Did you fix the dropped chord issue?

Like I said before, I've never had that issue. I'm working on iOS 14 beta, it might be an iOS 13 related issue, I don't know.

• hmm. A couple of other people said they'd also experienced it. I created a 16 bar loop, and each chord was 4 bars long. I wonder if that had something to do with it? I'll experiment a bit more and see if I can replicate it.

• @cian said:
    hmm. A couple of other people said they'd also experienced it. I created a 16 bar loop, and each chord was 4 bars long. I wonder if that had something to do with it? I'll experiment a bit more and see if I can replicate it.

Sure, are you on the beta? You can dm me your email address if you want to be in the beta!
    I wonder if that's going to happen in the upcoming version as well.

• 👍🏼👍🏼

• @cian said:
    Nice! Did you fix the dropped chord issue?

@Gavinski too

Host? Tempo? Destination synth? Was transport running while setting up the sequence? Were the drops during setting up/editing the sequence or just playing it? Anything else going on besides ChordBud and the synth? If you save the project and cleanly reload it (after sutting down the app, after rebooting) does it still drop notes if all you do is hit play? iPad model/version? iOS version? Does changing any of those variables alter the dropped chord behavior?

While writing this, in the background I’ve had AUM hosting ChordBud feeding a sixteen bar pattern of four four bar chords into ravenscroft at 120bpm on a 2020 12.0” iPad Pro with iOS 13.7 and haven’t had any drops.

• @xor I'll look into it this evening, which will be a while from now in my time zone. It basically just happened constantly. Doesn't seem to be linked to any specific actions.

This update sounds amazing @cem_olcay congrats, I love your responsiveness! But if the chords are still dropping out it will be unusable for me still, so this definitely needs to get looked into more as I remember quite a few ppl mentioned it and it's a pretty huge bug. Who else is getting this chord dropping problem at the moment?

• @cem_olcay said:

Yes!

• Im so curious if this extends or has features that Navichord doesn’t? Seems to have a greater variety of alternative scales...

• It certainly doesn't do a lot of the things that Navichord can do. I never use those (I literally just want to set a chord and move). However if you know the chord that you want, it's pretty easy to add it (including alterations/root note) and play.

Things I like (or will like when the tweaks are made):

• it's AU3. That just improves workflow, syncing and all that good stuff. I can get an idea down in less than a minute.
    • It uses a timeline, which makes it far easier to play around with the harmonic rhythm (could it be improved - yes, and it looks like that's happening) - and even add passing chords if you want.
    • The interface is small and fairly uncluttered. I don't use most of the functionality in Navichord, so for me it just slowed me down (I know which chords fit in which scale, and also know when I can use chords that don't fit in a scale).

So speaking as someone who just wants a way to quickly get a harmonic loop going I think this is excellent. I'm not sure how it would compare for people who are looking for more of a music theory tool.

• About skipping chords.... It's still happening. If I set up chord loop in aum, it will play 6 chords and skip one, then 7 chords and skip one. This happens on a 2016 ipad Pro and a 2018 iPad Pro @cem_olcay

• @Gavinski said:
    About skipping chords.... It's still happening. If I set up chord loop in aum, it will play 6 chords and skip one, then 7 chords and skip one. This happens on a 2016 ipad Pro and a 2018 iPad Pro @cem_olcay

Might help if you sent him a file that does that.

To add my 2 cents. This happens to me on an iPad 2018 edition in AUM with fairly light CPU load (around 20-30%). @cem_olcay - if you're unable to replicate this, maybe it would help if we knew what configuration you were using. If we can't replicate it with your configuration that would tell us something interesting.

• Well it’s working perfectly in my tests. Anyways iOS 14 release is just around the corner.

• xorxor
    edited September 2020

@cian said:

@Gavinski said:
    About skipping chords.... It's still happening. If I set up chord loop in aum, it will play 6 chords and skip one, then 7 chords and skip one. This happens on a 2016 ipad Pro and a 2018 iPad Pro @cem_olcay

Might help if you sent him a file that does that.

To add my 2 cents. This happens to me on an iPad 2018 edition in AUM with fairly light CPU load (around 20-30%). @cem_olcay - if you're unable to replicate this, maybe it would help if we knew what configuration you were using. If we can't replicate it with your configuration that would tell us something interesting.

Or posted to Dropbox or other sharing site so we can help narrow down if iOS is really the culprit.

• @cem_olcay i was thinking about the new delete button and that got me thinking that the insert/overwrite setting should be (momentary) buttons too. What if...

• four buttons: append (default), overwrite, insert left, insert right
    • If no chord is selected append is always selected
    • When the user selects one of the other buttons It affects how the next chord is handled
    • I’m not sure if the button should revert back to append or be sticky, there are benefits to each

Cheers

• Here’s a thought, if you’re experiencing chord drops, maybe use a midi monitor to see if the notes are coming out of chordbud correctly. mfxMonitor is free if you don’t already have one.

• They must be coming out of chord bud because I find this no matter what synth I use

• @gkillmaster said:
    Im so curious if this extends or has features that Navichord doesn’t? Seems to have a greater variety of alternative scales...

It’s AUv3, is a big thing for me, and light on cpu

• @cem_olcay said:
    Well it’s working perfectly in my tests. Anyways iOS 14 release is just around the corner.

In other words, the IOS 13 bug will not be fixed and we have to wait for IOS14?

• @Gavinski said:
    They must be coming out of chord bud because I find this no matter what synth I use

Can you try this one? It ran fine for 5-10 minutes for me: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5lhslfe7ivyxz11/xor chordbud session.aumproj?dl=0