Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chord Bud 2 Out Now

Comments

• @enkaytee said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Long press for me at least doesn’t seem to be working. Be great actually if the midi in on this accepted input from say the AUM keyboard or Cubasis2 keyboard or even midi from say iDAM via Scaler etc @cem_olcay any future plans for midi in to be more flexible?

This happened to me too @cem_olcay after most recent beta update. So I can’t delete a chord block only entire progression. I’m on iOS 13.6.1 about to go to 13.7

Same here on 13.6.1 @cem_olcay - I mentioned this via testflight a couple of weeks ago. Does seem to work if I turn iPad to portrait then back to landscape but the Delete pop-up seems misplaced above the chord instead of below...

I’ll have to try that screen turn trick next time... thanks

• I’m pretty much sure that’s an iOS bug. Is that also happening for the patterns as well? When you long-press a pattern for the copy/paste/delete actions? And also what about the standalone mode, I think it should be working normal in standalone app.

• The long press thing doesn't work for me, either, unfortunately. I might have to update to IOS14 but ... I don't want to break everything! Is it safe? :#

• edited September 2020

@cem_olcay said:
    I’m pretty much sure that’s an iOS bug. Is that also happening for the patterns as well? When you long-press a pattern for the copy/paste/delete actions? And also what about the standalone mode, I think it should be working normal in standalone app.

Long press works fine in standalone for both chords and patterns - and the pop-up is in a much better position relative to the pressed object. Long press on patterns as a plugin seem to work without the rotation trick, but the pop-up is massively displaced - seems to appear in random positions on the screen, but like the chord popup usually not near the actual pattern pressed.

Also, the screen turn trick doesn't work all the time - it's very unpredicatable...

• @enkaytee thanks. Yeah, it's 100% an iOS bug. But the good news is I can confirm that it's working well in both iPad/iPhone standalone and AUv3 modes. I think they are going to release it in October, it's not so far :smiley:

• @cem_olcay said:
    @enkaytee thanks. Yeah, it's 100% an iOS bug. But the good news is I can confirm that it's working well in both iPad/iPhone standalone and AUv3 modes. I think they are going to release it in October, it's not so far :smiley:

@cem_olcay Yeah - no problem - I'm sure we can cope till then...👍

• @cem_olcay said:
    @enkaytee thanks. Yeah, it's 100% an iOS bug. But the good news is I can confirm that it's working well in both iPad/iPhone standalone and AUv3 modes. I think they are going to release it in October, it's not so far :smiley:

Good to know.

• I cannot stress enough how much easier this makes songwriting. It has been the most straight forward chord sequencer I’ve used so far and I can get progressions whipped up so quickly and the inversions have been really useful for extra spice. And an update popped up literally while typing this :)

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    I cannot stress enough how much easier this makes songwriting. It has been the most straight forward chord sequencer I’ve used so far and I can get progressions whipped up so quickly and the inversions have been really useful for extra spice. And an update popped up literally while typing this :)

Thanks, that's great to hear! Yeah, btw I just released a release candidate beta version!
    If no bugs reported, I want to release this version veeeery soon!

• Oh shoot, got some bug reports! Gonna work on some fixes and release another rc-beta soon. Let me know if you find any bugs, thanks!

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    I cannot stress enough how much easier this makes songwriting. It has been the most straight forward chord sequencer I’ve used so far and I can get progressions whipped up so quickly and the inversions have been really useful for extra spice. And an update popped up literally while typing this :)

Yup.

• @cem_olcay said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:
    For those beta testing, how does this compare to KB-1 and ChordPolyPad?

Different beast I say as you can preselect your chords and put them in the playhead line like so in Zenbeats for example or play them in using a midi controller so it’s more like a chord sequencer.

Oh, ok. So this is sequenced chords as opposed to playing chords with pads? Or can this do both? You mention using a midi controller.

It only sequences the chords. No MIDI in (except for changing the patterns with CC) or chord pads. You can look to the ScaleBud though, if you want a live performance tool.

They are basically sharing the same music theory engine, and you can do chord pads with ScaleBud. Also, you can connect a MIDI keyboard and play chords with one key press!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/scalebud-auv3-midi-keyboard/id1409125865

Just picked this up this morning. Holy cow you are a wizard! Loving this thing. Exactly what I've been searching for! Thanks!

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

@cem_olcay said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:
    For those beta testing, how does this compare to KB-1 and ChordPolyPad?

Different beast I say as you can preselect your chords and put them in the playhead line like so in Zenbeats for example or play them in using a midi controller so it’s more like a chord sequencer.

Oh, ok. So this is sequenced chords as opposed to playing chords with pads? Or can this do both? You mention using a midi controller.

It only sequences the chords. No MIDI in (except for changing the patterns with CC) or chord pads. You can look to the ScaleBud though, if you want a live performance tool.

They are basically sharing the same music theory engine, and you can do chord pads with ScaleBud. Also, you can connect a MIDI keyboard and play chords with one key press!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/scalebud-auv3-midi-keyboard/id1409125865

Just picked this up this morning. Holy cow you are a wizard! Loving this thing. Exactly what I've been searching for! Thanks!

Good to hear. I think Chord Bud 2 is going to be a must have, it is for me anyways.

• Is ChordBud MIDI-controllable?

I'm looking for an AUv3 MIDI chord player that can be "performed" hands-free using a BLE MIDI foot controller.

I imagine mapping a blueboard or other simple foot controller to trigger the chords, allowing one to "step" through a set of chord changes hands-free.

Only a few controls are needed:

1. Play current pad and advance to next pad
    2. Down to next line [Are ChordBud chords organized in lines?]
    3. Up to previous line
    4. Toggle sustain?
  • A new little update, you can copy/paste your patterns between the instances!
    You can create very interesting multi-patterns with multiple octaves and such!

• @cem_olcay said:
    A new little update, you can copy/paste your patterns between the instances!

Great @cem_olcay. Thanks for the update.

• @cem_olcay said:

Just tried it works great of course in AUM you can just hit duplicate channel which works quicker.But handy feature to have in Cubasis 3 etc.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@cem_olcay said:

Just tried it works great of course in AUM you can just hit duplicate channel which works quicker.But handy feature to have in Cubasis 3 etc.

Wow, "duplicate channel" is really working great in AUM, I've never used or tried that before, thanks for pointing it out! :smiley:
    It duplicates the whole plugin though (with all the patterns and their settings), copy/paste pattern action is limited to one pattern.

• @cem_olcay said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@cem_olcay said:

Wow, "duplicate channel" is really working great in AUM, I've never used or tried that before, thanks for pointing it out! :smiley:
    It duplicates the whole plugin though (with all the patterns and their settings), copy/paste pattern action is limited to one pattern.

Yes agreed good point yourself will get a lot of mileage out of these features thanks 🙏 hope the app drops soon.

• Getting problems with two things:

Long press to delete not working in AUM. I had the same prob in standalone, took two reinstalls to fix it there but still not working in AUM.

When I set up a chord sequence, it seems to keep missing out one or two steps in the sequence every few bars.

Anyone else?

• edited September 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Getting problems with two things:

Long press to delete not working in AUM. I had the same prob in standalone, took two reinstalls to fix it there but still not working in AUM.

When I set up a chord sequence, it seems to keep missing out one or two steps in the sequence every few bars.

Anyone else?

I can confirm long press on AUM not working.

• @Gavinski said:
    Getting problems with two things:

Anyone else?

Can confirm both of these

• Heading Change..

Bought..

Thanks..

• Anyway to preview a Chord before adding it to the sequencer?

• Long-press bug is an iOS 13 bug, we discussed it at the top of this page. The other updates is coming, just let me know if have any issues!