Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chord Bud 2 Out Now

Comments

• Awesome. I’m really excited about CB2. The beta is great @cem_olcay I feel like CB2 really ties all the bud apps together. It sets that foundation of sequenced chords, so when you drop in Rhythmbud and/or arp bud 2, etc... It becomes something amazing. Im coming up with so many great chord progressions, and the best part is I’m using chords I probably would not have not chosen otherwise. Keep up the good work man.

• edited August 2020

@cem_olcay said:

@audio_DT said:
    @cem_olcay any release date yet? I’m eagerly anticipating this one 👌

I've been working on some ArpBud 2 updates as well, so I'm probably going to finalize the v1.0 next week and release it on September's first week after the beta testing.

Thanks for the update. Good to know Arp Bud 2 is still getting some love too. The bud apps are becoming some of my favorite AUv3 midi apps. Cheers!

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Awesome. I’m really excited about CB2. The beta is great @cem_olcay I feel like CB2 really ties all the bud apps together. It sets that foundation of sequenced chords, so when you drop in Rhythmbud and/or arp bud 2, etc... It becomes something amazing. Im coming up with so many great chord progressions, and the best part is I’m using chords I probably would not have not chosen otherwise. Keep up the good work man.

Looking forward to this and the inevitable Bud Bundle 2 or updated bundle.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@cem_olcay said:

@audio_DT said:
    @cem_olcay any release date yet? I’m eagerly anticipating this one 👌

I've been working on some ArpBud 2 updates as well, so I'm probably going to finalize the v1.0 next week and release it on September's first week after the beta testing.

Thanks for the update. Good to know Arp Bud 2 is still getting some love too. The bud apps are becoming some of my favorite AUv3 midi apps. Cheers!

Great to hear, and I appreciate the work of arpbud2, as well. It’s great1

• Looking forward to this, any news on release date? I keep checking the App Store.

• edited August 2020

@GrimLucky said:
    Looking forward to this, any news on release date? I keep checking the App Store.

He mentioned somewhere in forum that it will be the first week or two in September, so soon. I’m on the beta and I love the thing.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@GrimLucky said:
    Looking forward to this, any news on release date? I keep checking the App Store.

He mentioned somewhere in forum that it will be the first week or two in September, so soon. I’m on the beta and I love the thing.

Yep, that's true. I'm currently working on the RC-beta. Gonna release it in a few days and after a few more, I'd like to release it on the first week of September :smile:

BTW - ping me if you want to beta test!

• edited August 2020

Thanks for chiming in with an update @cem_olcay I remembered that you said that somewhere on this forum about a week ago or so, but its good to hear information like this directly from the developer.

I highly recommend trying the Beta to anyone. ESP if you’re interested In using the bud apps in tandem or just want to create great chord progressions. It Sequences chords so well, all kinds of chord types available, and it really sets a foundation for RhythmBud and Arp Bud 2 that make the three work so freakin’ amazing together. For example I’ll set up a great chord progressions in CB2 that I use to trigger pads. then CB2 through rhythm bud for piano, keys or guitar Accompaniment, then CB2 also going to arp bud 2 for synth leads and/or melodies. Through a midi filter on the arp if you like and you basically have a whole track minus the drums. So freakin cool.

• your apps are among the best!

• edited August 2020

@cem_olcay just left beta feedback regarding scale list - not a showstopper, just me being picky! I'm loving Chordbud and will definitely be buying as soon as it drops on the store...

• Tried the beta out in CB3 works a treat great update.

• This is a fabulous app

• I’m in love with CB2. I usually start my tracks with a chord progression or 2... either I Play them live on pads or I sequence them. And CB2 is amazing for the latter. It’s Simple, clean, and very powerful for creating midi chords, chord progressions, and trying out New chords, that Maybe you haven’t tried or thought to try before.

• For those beta testing, how does this compare to KB-1 and ChordPolyPad?

• edited September 2020

@Lil_Stu07 said:
    For those beta testing, how does this compare to KB-1 and ChordPolyPad?

Different beast I say as you can preselect your chords and put them in the playhead line like so in Zenbeats for example or play them in using a midi controller so it’s more like a chord sequencer.

• edited September 2020

@Jumpercollins said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

Different beast I say as you can preselect your chords and put them in the playhead line like so in Zenbeats for example or play them in using a midi controller so it’s more like a chord sequencer.

Oh, ok. So this is sequenced chords as opposed to playing chords with pads? Or can this do both? You mention using a midi controller.

• Dadt question, no doubt, but I'm using the beta and can't figure out how to remove / delete a single chord from a progression. Anyone know how? Great app, though, and I'll be buying immediately when it drops.

• @audio_DT said:
    Dadt question, no doubt, but I'm using the beta and can't figure out how to remove / delete a single chord from a progression. Anyone know how? Great app, though, and I'll be buying immediately when it drops.

Long press the chord you want to delete and it should pop up with the option to delete

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

@audio_DT said:
    Dadt question, no doubt, but I'm using the beta and can't figure out how to remove / delete a single chord from a progression. Anyone know how? Great app, though, and I'll be buying immediately when it drops.

Long press the chord you want to delete and it should pop up with the option to delete

Damn, that easy! Thank you!

• Long press for me at least doesn’t seem to be working. Be great actually if the midi in on this accepted input from say the AUM keyboard or Cubasis2 keyboard or even midi from say iDAM via Scaler etc @cem_olcay any future plans for midi in to be more flexible?

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

Oh, ok. So this is sequenced chords as opposed to playing chords with pads? Or can this do both? You mention using a midi controller.

It only sequences the chords. No MIDI in (except for changing the patterns with CC) or chord pads. You can look to the ScaleBud though, if you want a live performance tool.

They are basically sharing the same music theory engine, and you can do chord pads with ScaleBud. Also, you can connect a MIDI keyboard and play chords with one key press!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/scalebud-auv3-midi-keyboard/id1409125865

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Long press for me at least doesn’t seem to be working. Be great actually if the midi in on this accepted input from say the AUM keyboard or Cubasis2 keyboard or even midi from say iDAM via Scaler etc @cem_olcay any future plans for midi in to be more flexible?

Yeah it’s a little finicky for me, it seems to work better when I rotate my device to portrait and then back to landscape and resize, at least in AUM

• edited September 2020

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Long press for me at least doesn’t seem to be working. Be great actually if the midi in on this accepted input from say the AUM keyboard or Cubasis2 keyboard or even midi from say iDAM via Scaler etc @cem_olcay any future plans for midi in to be more flexible?

Yeah it’s a little finicky for me, it seems to work better when I rotate my device to portrait and then back to landscape and resize, at least in AUM

Which iOS version are you using? I’m on iOS/iPadOS 14 beta and had no problem with long-presses in any app. I remember it was a bit funky in earlier iOS 13 versions though.

• @cem_olcay said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Which iOS version are you using. I’m on iOS/iPadOS 14 beta and had no problem with long-presses in any app. I remember it was a bit funky in earlier iOS 13 versions though.

I’m on iOS 13.6 on an iPhone 11. It works fine on my iPad that’s on whatever the latest of 12 is though

• edited September 2020

@cem_olcay said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

It only sequences the chords. No MIDI in (except for changing the patterns with CC) or chord pads. You can look to the ScaleBud though, if you want a live performance tool.

They are basically sharing the same music theory engine, and you can do chord pads with ScaleBud. Also, you can connect a MIDI keyboard and play chords with one key press!

Awesome! Thanks for the clarification! So ScaleBud + ChordBud2 is what I’ll be needing to grab. Good to know! Like the idea of sequencing the chords straight to piano roll, but also like the ability to play chords with pads/midi controller. I don’t have one of the fancy ones with chord mode built in.

• This is basically a chord sequencer. It’s very very nice.

• edited September 2020

@Jumpercollins said:

This happened to me too @cem_olcay after most recent beta update. So I can’t delete a chord block only entire progression. I’m on iOS 13.6.1 about to go to 13.7

• edited September 2020

@Poppadocrock said:

@Jumpercollins said:

This happened to me too @cem_olcay after most recent beta update. So I can’t delete a chord block only entire progression. I’m on iOS 13.6.1 about to go to 13.7

Same here on 13.6.1 @cem_olcay - I mentioned this via testflight a couple of weeks ago. Does seem to work if I turn iPad to portrait then back to landscape but the Delete pop-up seems misplaced above the chord instead of below...

• edited September 2020

@cem_olcay said:

Read the comment about ScaleBud above and went to buy it with this thread in mind. So obviously I messed up and bought the wrong app. I wasn't that interested in ChordBud but not I'm wondering whether to refund or see what v2 brings. Anyone know if this will be a paid update?