Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A Soldier’s Tale / The Voice of LinearLineman

This should give courage to all those who are afraid to post their stuff. My voice is a beacon to those who dare embarrassment for the sake of art. Truthfully, I could not find someone to sing this (if you would like to take a crack, PM me!).

The piano was improvised as Bluebird Boulevard A year past. I added the lyrics several months ago. Here’s why I dig this track...

1. I was actually able to write lyrics to an improvised piece of music that held my interest.
  2. The improvisation holds up as an actual song.
  3. The lyrics are evocative of Strayhorn’s Lush Life, but, instead of an inebriated dive, it is set in a coal mine after WW1.
  4. An entire life of dashed dreams is encompassed in five minutes.

I recorded the vocal with the iPad onboard mic. RC275, iSymph Choir, BeatHawk and Heavy Brass horns. Wish me luck.

Comments

• Nice. Your voice fits the lyrics.

• You’re very prolific. You post a lot of your music, put yourself out there.
    Listening to this one made me sad in the best way.
    Thanks for that.

• Very cool. The music and lyrics are impressive.

• Thank you for listening @Philandering_Bastard .Glad you liked it.

@Ben.Thanks. I feel good about showing my stuff here. This is a very tolerant audience. I wish more folks would do the same, as it is motivating to know members are listening in an open minded way.

Very appreciative @Slava. You’re pretty experienced yourself.

• @LinearLineman truly amazing. Good job👍

• edited August 2020

Very appreciative @Slava. You’re pretty experienced yourself.

In my case, the experience probably does not affect much. Every time I start writing vocals, I seem to jump into an ice hole in the freezing cold of minus forty. It's the same when I post a song on the Internet.

• This is amazing. I don’t know how you do any of that - improvise, add a song later, write those lyrics, sing - so my mind is blow.

But the result is a beautifully evocative piece of art that really takes you somewhere else and leaves you there for a while afterwards - as music should.

• More of this - don't need anyone else to sing it, only you could have told this story @LinearLineman. Great piano improv as always.

• Beautiful and evocative. Bittersweet.
    Love both your playing (as always) AND your vocal.

• Heckuva opus my man. Keep doing that!

• Thanks @Charlesalbert, @Slava, @qryss, @pbelgium, @JeffChasteen, @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr. Your positive feedback helped me survive the vocalist test of fire! But I’m not going to quit my non-existent day job, for sure.

• This is NOT a dig on your singing but a genuine thought I had while listening to this dramatic piece.

I think you should do an alternate take where you narrate the story and use the music for a backdrop.

I think it would be very powerful. Your singing indicates that you have a rich vocal capability and could do
    narrations. It's a gift to have such a set of vocal cords and very effective for a larger audience.

• @McD, like everybody else, liking the sound of one’s own voice is problematic.

• I hear you.