Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps to clock Moog DFAM

Hi,
I repost here my post on Elektronauts maybe someone here can help me 🤗🙌

2 years ago a friend lend me the DFAM paired with a BeatStep pro. for one week and i had the best experience with a synth.
I record some DFAM live sessions on a Tascam DR44WL and arrange it and process it a bit with ableton.
This is the result https://oskult.bandcamp.com/track/dfam-kolektor 9

I really love the DFAM and i will buy it.

My present setup:
-Octatrack (clock & midi CC send)
-1 or 2 ipad connected to an Iconnectivity Audio4+ (clock & midi CC received from OT)
-TR8 (slaved by OT) and sometimes other machines… I use midi solutions quadra thru v2 if i need.

So, my goal is to sequence the DFAM with the Octatrack and or the Ipad, all clocked.
I dont want a BSP because it too big, the USB out is fragile and honestly i dont like his sequencer since i have an elektron sequencer :wink:

I know the Doepfer Dark Link, CV.OCD, Korg SQ-1 can convert midi to CV but if i can save money without buying another hardware i will be happy…

On IOS (ipad, iphone… i have 4 of them) we have LINK.
I already send my midi out from OT to my ICA4+ in AUDIOBUS then AUM is hosted inside AUDIOBUS for the Midi clock transport & Midi Offset features which is work really nice.
All my apps are sync with the amazing LINK protocole.

So i need solutionS to sync a DFAM without sacrificing an OT track just for sending a click…
I want to optimise the flexibility off my iconnectivity Audio4+ and the fact i have many iDevices.

It can work if i send a click from one iDevice (clocked with LINK) audio jack 3.5 mm to the DFAM adv/clock?

Any help, advices and idea 💡 are welcome 🤘

Comments

• I send a click to my Volcas. Requires a mixer with aux out (for the click). I have 2 stereo outs from my iPad to mixer so I send the click to the second pair and this through the aux. Either Drambo or MiRack for producing the click. In my case a 15ms pulse. I found it's necessary to advance the click to compensate for latency, audio buffer, etc. I wrote a Mozaic script to do this and it works well. Careful with the levels, I don't know the voltage of my click so I slowly increase the gain until it 'catches'.

• @SpartanClownTide said:
    I send a click to my Volcas. Requires a mixer with aux out (for the click). I have 2 stereo outs from my iPad to mixer so I send the click to the second pair and this through the aux. Either Drambo or MiRack for producing the click. In my case a 15ms pulse. I found it's necessary to advance the click to compensate for latency, audio buffer, etc. I wrote a Mozaic script to do this and it works well. Careful with the levels, I don't know the voltage of my click so I slowly increase the gain until it 'catches'.

Many thanks for the help.

• Love my DFAM! Check out CVMod:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cv-mod/id1406207229

It's not the most intuitive app, but it does the job and quite a bit more. It works by sending audio clock through your device's headphone jack, which you patch into ADV/CLOCK. You can separate L/R headphone channels for an extra LFO as well, divided however you like. It supports Ableton Link. With multiple iOS devices, you can add a lot of CV with copies of this app! Well worth the $2.

Pete

• @pete12000 said:
    Love my DFAM! Check out CVMod:

It's not the most intuitive app, but it does the job and quite a bit more. It works by sending audio clock through your device's headphone jack, which you patch into ADV/CLOCK. You can separate L/R headphone channels for an extra LFO as well, divided however you like. It supports Ableton Link. With multiple iOS devices, you can add a lot of CV with copies of this app! Well worth the $2.

Pete

This sounds interesting if it doesn't stop the lightning port being used for audio. I'd quite like my aux back :)

• @pete12000 said:

Pete

Looks like THE THING i need.
    DFAM ordered.
    Many thanks man.

• @Hkor said:
    It can work if i send a click from one iDevice (clocked with LINK) audio jack 3.5 mm to the DFAM adv/clock?

Any help, advices and idea 💡 are welcome 🤘

Yes it should work. I tested mirack sending clock from macbook pro headphone out with mono cable to my eurorack and it worked just fine, no adjustments or anything needed, just plug & play. Ipad has same headphone port and it should not make difference if its mirack sending the clock or if its a short audio click sent from anywhere.

It should also work(i have not tested) that you get a splitter that splits left and right and then you send advance clock from left or right and for example trigger from another channel. Or maybe send an audio signal to dfams ext input from another channel. Either trigger it with same trigger than dfam or then have an oscillator running constantly like in eurorack and rely on amp envelope of dfam alone.

• @pete12000 said:

Pete

Has anyone used this app for CV Sync with Ableton Link? I am trying to do it but the tempo jumps when I change it from Live, before it settles down after I stop moving the tempo knob

• edited April 2021

Pete

Hi @pete12000 -- is there any chance you would be able to pass along your settings to get CV Mod to work with the DFAM? I've been banging my head against a wall now for longer than I would like to admit. :) Thanks!