Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BIG update Echo Pad 1.8 out now! Audiobus 2 state saving, MIDI sync, more.

Echo Pad v1.8 is now live on the App Store. Check out the video below for an overview of the new features.
Show some love on the AppStore and leave a rating/review if you have a minute, thanks! :)

Echo Pad 1.8 on the App Store

New in Echo Pad 1.8:

Audiobus 2 state saving!

• Save effect parameters inside Audiobus 2, allowing you to save, recall, and share custom Echo Pad settings using new Audiobus 2 presets.
  • Create awesome effects by combining with our other apps Stereo Designer and Swoopster, which also support state saving in Audiobus 2.
  • Requires Audiobus 2.0 app. Visit http://audiob.us/two)

MIDI Control

• Echo Pad can now be controlled from external MIDI controllers, Virtual MIDI, and Network connections.

MIDI Clock sync

• Echo Pad can now sync to external MIDI clock for beat synced delays. Simply tap the MIDI Sync button to enable/disable receiving MIDI clock via Virtual MIDI, Network, or USB.

IAA Clock sync from supporting Inter-app audio hosts

• Sync is automatically enabled when Echo Pad detects it has connected to an IAA host that sends tempo. *This feature is only supported in IAA hosts such as Auria and Cubasis.
  • Choose “Echo Pad (Midi)” in supporting hosts.

(re)Introducing the Delay Tweak panel

• Here’s the story... the Delay Tweak panel was actually added over 6 months ago in an update, but I failed miserably in making people aware of its existence! I’m a dingus, sorry about that.
  • Tap the FX menu button, then tap Delay Tweak to access the panel.

UI Tweaks

• Options menu tweaks
  • cleaner layout

Comments

• Hey Chris. Thanks for the huge update. Where can I read more info about the midi control/ midi learn setup? Thanks

• @SpookyZoo said:

Hey Chris. Thanks for the huge update. Where can I read more info about the midi control/ midi learn setup? Thanks

Here is the link to Echo Pad's midi chart.
    http://bit.ly/1dv5oFk

You only need to tap "MIDI Input" to enable MIDI input and clock sync, then match Channel and CC on the midi controller/app.

I chose not to add MIDI learn functionality as it will require additional UI. I will add MIDI learn in the 2.0 version of Echo Pad, which will be a ground up rewrite.

• Thanks Chris, the Midi chart with CC#'s was all I needed. Is that list accessible within the app?

• @SpookyZoo said:

Thanks Chris, the Midi chart with CC#'s was all I needed. Is that list accessible within the app?

Yup. Tap "Help", then open the manual.

• I'm also planning to make Echo Pad controller layouts for Lemur, MIDI Designer and maybe a few others, as soon as time permits.

Ok, I'm super tired so time for sleep.

• so cool, MIDI control and clock sync were what I have been waiting for! Thanks @HoldernessMedia.

• For your health!

• Thanks Chris. Awesome stuff.

• @HoldernessMedia said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Thanks Chris, the Midi chart with CC#'s was all I needed. Is that list accessible within the app?

Yup. Tap "Help", then open the manual.

Doh! It's only there boldly displayed on the front page!! :)

The midi mapping works great, the animation is smooth. Good stuff!

• Yay!!! MIDI clock sync!!! That makes Echo Pad the ESSENTIAL delay app!!!! Thank You!!!!!

• Hot damn! Thank you and congrats on the release Chris!

• edited March 2014

New App Store review being written as we speak. Another great update!

• I really dig the new design, its more legible and the active buttons are easier to see.

• Thanks everyone! :)

• Thank YOU!!!!! :-)