Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano Motifs 2.0 for iOS - how and why to use the midi out IAP! (WINNERS ANNOUNCED)

WIN 3 APPS + 3 IAPs: Piano Motifs 2.0 for iOS - how and why to use the midi out IAP!

Piano Motifs is an extremely useful app because it generates very melodic audio and/or midi which you can use in various interesting ways in your jams and tracks. The new version includes a modestly-priced IAP for midi-out connectivity and in this video I look at why this is so useful. In the past, you had to export midi files into other apps to play the midi using other synths or instruments, but now you can send endless loops of midi into the host of your choice, and can easily separate which apps receive the melody and accompaniment. Very useful for everyone, but especially those with limited keyboard skills.

See the youtube comments section (pinned comment at the top for details of how to win - please read it CAREFULLY as the instructions are slightly different from normal, cheers!)

Comments

• @Gavinski said:
    WIN 3 APPS + 3 IAPs: Piano Motifs 2.0 for iOS - how and why to use the midi out IAP!

Piano Motifs is an extremely useful app because it generates very melodic audio and/or midi which you can use in various interesting ways in your jams and tracks. The new version includes a modestly-priced IAP for midi-out connectivity and in this video I look at why this is so useful. In the past, you had to export midi files into other apps to play the midi using other synths or instruments, but now you can send endless loops of midi into the host of your choice, and can easily separate which apps receive the melody and accompaniment. Very useful for everyone, but especially those with limited keyboard skills.

See the youtube comments section (pinned comment at the top for details of how to win - please read it CAREFULLY as the instructions are slightly different from normal, cheers!)

• Oops - forget the link - it’s there now

• I have very little work this week 😂

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Do you sleep @Gavinski ?

He has to please the gods of apps tutorials. They demand sacrifice :smiley:

• Piano Motifs is the perfect little tool to keep in your arsenal for when you’re in a creative slump. The new update with midi out takes it to the next level!

• @Gavinski said:
    Very useful for everyone, but especially those with limited keyboard skills.

You talking to me? 👀 🤣 It’s like this app was made specifically for me.. bought the IAP immediately..

• I'm looking at me, lol

• Loving this amazing app and as always thanks for such an awesome review and tutorial!❤️❤️❤️👍🏼☝️🙏

• @Gavinski said:
    Oops - forget the link - it’s there now

Thanks for the video. Going through it now.

Audioshare can save MIDI? Really? I need to try this soon.

• @GovernorSilver said:

@Gavinski said:

Yes sir that’s where I keep it all.

• Cheers guys. Yes, super super handy that Audioshare can save midi, I was also happily surprised to discover that. Definitely makes sense though.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Gavinski said:

I just tried recording a session in AUM, with PianoMotifs sending MIDI to AUM.

I then opened Audioshare and looked in the folder where I saved the session.

All I see is WAV files. No MIDI.

What am I missing, gentlemen?

• @GovernorSilver said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Gavinski said:

AUM doesn't record midi. It only records audio.

• @GovernorSilver said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Gavinski said:

You have to directly export the midi from piano loops to audioshare or whatever using the export midi function!

• @GovernorSilver said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Gavinski said:

AUM only exports the audio you need to either record the midi in say Atom or Photon, or Export it from inside a Piano Motifs to Audioshare

• @Gavinski is the RNG ready to predict the future owners of Piano Motifs or its IAP? Lol.

• @Gavinski nevermind. Just realized it’s only been a Day since post. I thought it was 2-3 days already. Lol.

• @wim said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Gavinski said:

That was my understanding too, so I was surprised to see Gavinski say in his video that he saved MIDI in Audioshare, which I understand to be the app that actually stores the files in the background when you save an AUM session.

• @Gavinski said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Gavinski said:

You have to directly export the midi from piano loops to audioshare or whatever using the export midi function!

Oh ok I must have missed it from your other Piano Loops tutorial video. I did watch it but maybe I was distracted by somethign at the exact moment that you may have covered the MIDI export workflow.

Thank you!

• @GovernorSilver said:

@wim said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Gavinski said:

That was my understanding too, so I was surprised to see Gavinski say in his video that he saved MIDI in Audioshare, which I understand to be the app that actually stores the files in the background when you save an AUM session.

Yeah, it is a pity that AUM doesn't have a built in midi player actually.

• I'll go back to capturing generated MIDI in Sunvox AU then.

I was starting to feel like a fool going through the seemingly unnecessary steps of setting up a 3rd party MIDI recording app just to capture all the MIDI in my AUM sessions.

• Email Jonatan the AUM dev to ask for a midi player to be added, you never know!

• The lucky winners:

Vas Re APP
    Frank Linneman APP
    Michael Maker APP
    Nigel Rogers (IAP)
    Ed B IAP
    Tom Poynton IAP

Congrats guys 🎉🎉🎉

• I only held off my purchase for your announcement. Time to buy the IAP

• Money well spent, sorry you weren't lucky this time!

• I know I was definitely gonna buy it I love that app, just wanted to make sure I didn’t win it first. Thanks for another great video @Gavinski

• edited August 2020

Great! I’m loving it. Thanks for the give away! Off to get the IAP :smiley:

• edited August 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Email Jonatan the AUM dev to ask for a midi player to be added, you never know!

I'm guessing you already did that. Despite the quirks of having to involve a 3rd party app in my workflow, I'm ok on my end.

Also, before i ask any developer for something, I need to have my requests written down to reasonable detail - something more useful than just "dude give me a midi player". The more details I'm able to provide, the less likely the dev will go in a wrong direction and sell me an app that is a poor fit for my needs.

• @GovernorSilver said:

@Gavinski said:
    Email Jonatan the AUM dev to ask for a midi player to be added, you never know!

I'm guessing you already did that. Despite the quirks of having to involve a 3rd party app in my workflow, I'm ok on my end.

Also, before i ask any developer for something, I need to have my requests written down to reasonable detail - something more useful than just "dude give me a midi player". The more details I'm able to provide, the less likely the dev will go in a wrong direction and sell me an app that is a poor fit for my needs.

AUM needs a midi recorder too.