Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

announcing public testflight link for our upcoming Multiband haas effect app

The link is in this Facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/100626914873936/posts/166336441636316/?d=n

App description:

Haas effect is a micro-delay applied to either the left or right channel of audio (but not both). This simple effect creates a realistic and natural-sounding increase in the width of the stereo field that still sounds good when mixed back to mono. It is the most simple and effective way to take a mono input and make it sound like stereo. But Haas effect has some problems. First, it can create phase cancellation problems in the bass frequencies, causing them to loose volume. Second, it can sound a bit artificial at high frequencies. This multi-band Haas effect plugin is a simple way to get the stereo width you need in the midrange frequencies without loosing the impact of the bass or making the treble sound phasey. You select any number from one to four bands, each with its own separate Haas delay setting and adjustable crossover frequencies. This makes mono audio sound wide and spacious while preserving the original tone and spectrum transparently.

For those of you who have used our free stereo lag time plugin, this is a Multiband version of that.

Comments

• Thanks so much. I will test later and report suoi back 🙏

• Hi @Blue_Mangoo ! Could you please post a link for those that have abandoned Facebook?

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Hi @Blue_Mangoo ! Could you please post a link for those that have abandoned Facebook?

I sent it privately. I want people to follow our Facebook page. That is why I am posting the FB link.

• That’s what I figured! Thanks for sharing it

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    Hi @Blue_Mangoo ! Could you please post a link for those that have abandoned Facebook?

I sent it privately. I want people to follow our Facebook page. That is why I am posting the FB link.

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

Good luck with that. Facebook is toxic.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

And that is putting it nicely :wink:

• I love Stereo Lag, it’s a great effect, I use it frequently. I’m a little pumped up about what this would be like with a Multi band dealie.

• @Blue_Mangoo

I like it.

It's a good tool to have in the toolbox.

I like the fact that we can either have one band or all four bands happening.
    The multiband doesn't add to much colour.

I've yet to try it on an entire mix but for my purposes I think
    it's better on individual sounds or a drum bus for instance.

It's really nice.

• @Blue_Mangoo Acoustic guitar sim coming soon?

• @Gravitas said:
    @Blue_Mangoo

I like it.

It's a good tool to have in the toolbox.

I like the fact that we can either have one band or all four bands happening.
    The multiband doesn't add to much colour.

I've yet to try it on an entire mix but for my purposes I think
    it's better on individual sounds or a drum bus for instance.

It's really nice.

Thanks. I’m happy to hear that.

I think people may come up with ideas I did not think of myself. But for me the point of making stereo lag a multiband effect is mainly just to keep it out of the bass frequencies.

Another nice benefit is that if it sounds a little off balance when you delay the left channel only you can balance that out by delaying the right channel in a different frequency band so it doesn’t sound like the music is coming from the right or left side, if that’s not what you want.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @Blue_Mangoo Acoustic guitar sim coming soon?

Yes. It’s sounding really nice if I may say so myself. My company is working from home this week due to a resurgence of covid 19 in our area. That made me have to put the acoustic sim on hold because I don’t have all the cables and adapters to connect my guitars to my iPad at my house. But we will complete it soon.

• Anyone having trouble opening that beta link? For some reason I get the message that I’m not connected to the internet although I am.

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    @Blue_Mangoo Acoustic guitar sim coming soon?

Yes. It’s sounding really nice if I may say so myself. My company is working from home this week due to a resurgence of covid 19 in our area. That made me have to put the acoustic sim on hold because I don’t have all the cables and adapters to connect my guitars to my iPad at my house. But we will complete it soon.

Gotcha. Looking forward to checking that out, but in the meantime, stay safe!

• edited August 2020

“Another nice benefit is that if it sounds a little off balance when you delay the left channel only you can balance that out by delaying the right channel in a different frequency band so it doesn’t sound like the music is coming from the right or left side, if that’s not what you want.”

That exactly what was happening on a final mix I’m working on using Stereo Lag. I’ll try it with this one and see if it fixes it.

• @Blue_Mangoo

In BM3 it seems to have a problem
    with all buffer sizes except 512

In AUM it has a problem with 1024 and 2048,
    the rest of the buffer sizes are okay.

This is using a Zoom U-44 as the audio interface.

9.6" iPad Pro 1st gen, iOS 13.4

• Hey I’m getting an error message
    AU Error
    Generic error with code:
    What does that mean?

• @Gravitas said:
    @Blue_Mangoo

Thank you. What sample rate are you using?

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Hey I’m getting an error message
    AU Error
    Generic error with code:
    What does that mean?

I dont know. What host app are you using? AUM?

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@Gravitas said:
    @Blue_Mangoo

Thank you. What sample rate are you using?

No worries.

44.1khz

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@NoiseHorse said:
    Hey I’m getting an error message
    AU Error
    Generic error with code:
    What does that mean?

I dont know. What host app are you using? AUM?

I tried it in n-Track studio. It works fine in Cubasis 3.

• @Mayo said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

Yes. The thread title says that the TestFlight link is public, and yet it’s on a private website.

Just sayin’. I love your apps!

• @mistercharlie said:

@Mayo said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

Yes. The thread title says that the TestFlight link is public, and yet it’s on a private website.

You don't need a Facebook account to view the link. You don't even have to log in. It's a publicly visible post. All you have to do is click on it.

• edited August 2020

Thanks @Blue_Mangoo, I like the design and the exposure of AUv3 parameters!

I would suggest two three things:

• Make the knobs react less sensitive to finger movements
    • Add a MONO switch
    • When a band is soloed but turned off, mute the direct signal for that band so it can be used in an FX send chain.
  • Mmmm avocado app

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@mistercharlie said:

@Mayo said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

You don't need a Facebook account to view the link. You don't even have to log in. It's a publicly visible post. All you have to do is click on it.

I apologize. I didn’t click it to test.

• @mistercharlie said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@mistercharlie said:

@Mayo said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

I apologize. I didn’t click it to test.

That’s very kind of sir. I hope the app works well for you.

• @Blue_Mangoo On your Facebook site, there is also a public beta of the most awaited Spectrum Analyzer App!

You did not promote that in this very forum.

Can we use and test and post here?

• @tja said:
    @Blue_Mangoo On your Facebook site, there is also a public beta of the most awaited Spectrum Analyzer App!

You did not promote that in this very forum.

Can we use and test and post here?

Yes. I expect the release candidate to hit testflight next week. The current beta is a little old.

I am trying to gather followers on my facebook page, although I have to agree with the comments above that facebook is harmful in many ways, its also effective for marketing. That’s why I don’t always post here.

• @rs2000 said:
    Thanks @Blue_Mangoo, I like the design and the exposure of AUv3 parameters!

I would suggest two three things:

• Make the knobs react less sensitive to finger movements
    • Add a MONO switch
    • When a band is soloed but turned off, mute the direct signal for that band so it can be used in an FX send chain.

Thank you. I will consider these.

What is the mono switch for? To check for phase issues?