Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis Pre/Post Fader + Sends - Uses and Function?

Hey all,

Wanted to know if anyone here is maybe more clear about this than I am re: Cubasis 3

I understand the basic meaning of inserting an effect post-fader, but I struggle to understand the purpose. Most of what I can find online refers to pre/post fader options as they refer to typical sends. - Do you have any examples of when you might insert an effect post-fader, DIRECTLY on the track? - esp. vocal examples.

I have a similar issue understanding how Cubasis "sends" differ from the conventional sends we see in other DAWS - Aside from saving processing power, what would the sonic reason be for using sends instead of inserting to the tracks? - It's not clear to me if Cubasis 3 sends work much at all like aux sends on desktop DAWs.

Comments

• We have a couple videos on this! Check out these 2 videos :) We release Cubasis videos weekly :)

• @MobileMusicPro thanks for the awesome videos! Subscribed!

• One reason for post-fader, and probably the reason they're so often the default/only option, is for the common "add some reverb to most everything" use case. You can set the relative reverb levels for each channel via a post-fader send. Once set, you can just move the main faders to adjust the mix and the relative reverb levels will move along with it.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    @MobileMusicPro thanks for the awesome videos! Subscribed!

No problem! Thanks for the sub, hope we don't let you down! :)