Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music licensing services?

Is anyone here an artist with a music licensing service such as MusicBed, Music Vine, Marmoset, Crucial Music, Epidemic Sound, Artlist, etc? How is that working out for you? Any recommendations for getting started with one (assuming they select you), or warnings against it? Just curious about your experiences, if any...

Comments

• i have not worked with any of these services, but do a lot of sync work through my publisher. My number one advice, is that you need both quantity AND quality. Its definitely a numbers game, as the more different options, sounds, styles you have, the more of a chance a client is looking to license that specific sound. However, they also wont be licensing that song if it sounds unprofessional, is poorly mixed, arranged etc.

I would imagine these services have an application page of some sort, or even better, perhaps an A&R you could reach out to, so you can gather intel on what their company is looking for at that specific moment.