Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM+Xequence and buffer compensation

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• edited August 2020
  • Xequence might not be syncing perfectly accurate to Ableton Link, but I would be slightly surprised because it's the first such report I'm seeing (though it is of course perfectly possible!).

Can you try a different sequencer, do you get perfect loops there?

• edited August 2020
  • edited August 2020

@ReflectiveHaze actually, it should be possible to get sample-accurate Ableton Link sync between Xequence and AUM, so you might have discovered an issue. (I had this on the "investigate" list for a long time).

Just to be sure (it's a different issue but loosely related) -- when you route MIDI from Xequence to something in AUM, are you pointing Xequence to "AUM" on the instruments screen and then enabling "AUM Destination" in AUM's channel menu? That's the only way that sample-accurate MIDI between Xequence and AUM is possible at all. (the other way would be to enable "Virtual Source" in Xequence and then listening to "Xequence Source" from AUM, but that's not recommended as it is not sample-accurate as mentioned.)

This will be investigated shortly in any case.

• edited August 2020
  • edited August 2020

Never mind, misread. :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.