Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Duel / McD Soars With Thumbjam

This collaboration between @McD and myself was the result of @iOSTRAKON’s AB v. AB thread.
McD adds a beautiful cello part that proves definitively (for me) that the Thumbjam Cello is the best on iOS (apart from Fingerfiddle which does not do MIDI). He also added the pizz strings and string section from Microsonic.

The horns are Microsonic SynthBrass, BeatHawk trombones and LaGrange Eska patch. Feedback welcomed.

Comments

• Thumbjam has a lot of great sounds imo. I always forget to use it in my sessions though.

I like this, I could totally see this being used to score an emotionally up and down scene in a video, movie, or what not.

Good job.

• edited August 2020

wohooo :#

• The only bad thing about collaborating is that you can't do it by yourself. That could be the upside
    to alzheimer's disease if I can just remember passwords.

We passed this project by and forth as MIDI using email. I highly recommend that trick. Only the person
    doing the mix down really needs to have the AUv3 apps while the other person uses defaults in the
    chosen DAW or apps your know you both own.

I think anyone with Cubasis 2 should try a project with @LinearLineman using email and then do
    alternative mixes. It's a fun way to challenge yourself and it helps develop your Cubasis 2 skills.

Are there more DAW's that support MIDI only collaboration with the simple "share" to email option?

• This was very well done. Now I guess I gotta get Cubasis 2...

• @mjcouche said:
    This was very well done. Now I guess I gotta get Cubasis 2...

We should apply pressure to get the @LinearLineman to Cubasis 3. Any ideas?
    3 can read 2 projects but 2 can't read 3. 3 works on iPhones.

• edited August 2020

@LinearLineman I’ll buy if you buy.

@McD Ive been avoiding all of the Cubasis thread and the 2 vs 3 threads as much as I can. Anything I need to be wary of?

• Where’s the movie? Great cinematic feeling.

• edited August 2020

Nice!

I just want to give a shout-out to Zoë Keating who recorded those cello samples for me way back in 2009. She deserves most of the credit for how good they sound! Check out her music at http://zoekeating.com .

• @mjcouche said:
    @LinearLineman I’ll buy if you buy.

@McD Ive been avoiding all of the Cubasis thread and the 2 vs 3 threads as much as I can. Anything I need to be wary of?

This project with @LinearLineman was the first time I ever finished anything in Cubasis. I have always
    quit in frustration when some AUv3 didn't freeze but this was surprising. I also enjoyed being able to
    do some phases on my iPhone but I could only do that after we exchanged multiple Cubasis 2 exchanges.

I want to see Cubasis 3 get more features so I invested to show their team support for the product.
    For the traditional studio style of workflow it's the easiest to use but I'm sure if I started a collaboration with someone using any DAW I'd just keep working and asking questions rather than giving up and
    making AUM "one-shot" projects. Tho' I have been digging into Looping in AUM with L7 and might go that way for more structured results.

• edited August 2020

@sonosaurus said:
    Nice!

I just want to give a shout-out to Zoë Keating who recorded those cello samples for me way back in 2009. She deserves most of the credit for how good they sound! Check out her music at http://zoekeating.com .

Big fan of hers and the app. What a cool connection!
    ps ThumbJam is an incredible voice to midi app also. I use this feature a lot.

• ThumbJam is an incredible voice to midi app also.

Indeed!

• I think we can all agree that everyone's a winner here... superbly done chaps!

• Thanks @Poppadocrock, @ecamburn, I’m good with movie music. Thanks @mjcouche, go with CB3. I’ll catch up with you by Black Friday (if there is one). Appreciate the praise @onkey. Thanks, mate!

Thanks @sonosaurus. Kudos for the best and broadest app on iOS!

• Fantastic collab guys! Totally agree on the cello in TJ; sounds amazing.

• @Intrepolicious said:
    Fantastic collab guys! Totally agree on the cello in TJ; sounds amazing.

The Ravenscroft 275 too. 2 of the most impressive IOS sampled instruments.

A goal of this collaboration was to insure both composers voices are
    represented in the finished goods and I think we did it. We got a basic
    set of foundation tracks down and then @LinearLineman released his
    piano but left large holes that I filled with some Cello reveries.

• Been listening to this track a lot and it has really grown on me. Lot of nice instrumentation. Very sad cello part and there is a certain note late in the horn line that always gets me.

• Very enjoyable right from the first listen and keeps my attention throughout. The bass line, the piano and cello, all really beautiful, as are all the other countless small touches. Great melodies and playing, guys.

• Beautiful, great job 😊👍

• Thank you @Intrepolicious. So great to have the dev @sonosaurus as part of the fun experience.

@hypnopad, there is a short phrase near the endthat are the Mozart notes from Don Giovanni.... A, B, C then a low C. It was unintentional but that is my favorite part. I wonder if that’s what you like, as well. The cello is sad, indeed. I find it almost impossible to play this cello and the Korg Module cello without it being melancholy. I wonder if our iOS cello master @McD can play an upbeat cello.

Thanks @Gavinski. A retro Thumbjam tutorial would be fantastic. So much to know about that app... like voice to midi.... incredible. Think about it 😉

Thanks for listening, @White. I hope others will collaborate on the AB v. AB thread as well. I appreciate that ABF tolerates creations, but I know some of us would like to hear more from members.

• @LinearLineman The note is through out the song. It’s the seventh note in your horn progression and provides a bit of a dissonant feeling. Listen at :30 and 3:09 etc. I like it.

• @hypnopad. That’s exactly the note! I love it, too. The melody rises three notes and then drops an octave. I didn’t mean to copy Mozart, but that’s exactly the pattern when the ghost of Don Giovanni’s father’s ghost appears toward the end (I think). I’ll check it out, and it does repeat several times. Fun!

• Here it is @hypnopad... version from Amadeus....