Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sessionband Soul Jazz Funk 1 Free

This version of session band is free with limitations unlike Jazz 2 and Uke which are currently free outright. Anyone know what the limitations are to this free* version of the app? Like only get certain tempo, certain style, can’t record...?

Comments

• Definitely limited songs. Think that might be it.

• It has a selection of styles and "tunes" unlocked. To unlock the whole collection of styles and
    "tunes" you have to purchase the IAP. The recordings are really good. I enjoyed the free tracks so much
    I paid for the IAP without hesitation since I like to practice solo'ing and this puts the sound quality of
    the iReal Pro to shame with it's poor synth-y instruments. These are recordings of real musicians playing
    excellent licks. If you've got the current "Band in a Box" with the real instrumental sounds you would
    get the idea.

There's a "Soul Jazz Funk 2" product as well.

The "Country" and "Acoustic" products are also really good. The early products are not so great.
    "Country" has a great "Dock of the Bay" so it has a ton of classic soft rock in the mix. There's nothing in it that sounds much like Blue Grass but more Nashville Studio player types of performances and surprising
    chord progressions for "country".

I have them all since they often offer excellent sales and I got most for $1-2 dollars.

You can input the chord changes as well as work through the "tunes" they have created. The licks used
    change with the selection of a particular style.

The biggest frustration is that it's IAA and flipping between the DAW and the GUI is a screen switch.
    It uses it's own transport and doesn't follow the start/stop of the DAW. But I tend to start a tune and just let it loop until I quit.

A songwriter could use these for really cheap demo's in any of the styles they offer and it sounds like
    you paid for studio time with a good group of musicians. There's a mixer in the apps to set levels for each instrument.

Can be used to make loops. The drummers are all great in the selected styles. Better than the LumBeats
    in my opinion for meat and potatoes playing.

• Despite the lack of connectivity, and the slight hassle in getting loops out, I think these are great apps (I have the three jazz ones) just in terms of the quality of playing. Very useful. Definitely try to get them on sale though, as they do huge discounts sometimes.

• Thanks, gentlemen. I saw on appsliced that they go on sale like once a month so I’ll def buy them as soon as they do. Was curious what the free* included because I got the ukelele and the Jazz apps when they were free and for my uses, they’re key. I put together chords in chordpolypad, improvised a melody over the top, programmed the drums/percs, added bass and then used the Jazz sessionband to find a horn riff in the same key and the specific chords I used and recorded into BM3, chopped it and replayed it. I use samples and these are top shelf, royalty free samples that I can record and chop per instrument. Pretty epic. Didn’t know if it would be worth getting the semi free one or wait til it goes on sale. They are so big file size wise, I’ll wait until I can buy the full app on sale. Really want the acoustic packs, but I’ll likely buy them all. Thank you for your conscientious and thorough explanations.

• @McD @Gavinski Heads up, sessionband rock1 is outright free on App Store currently, no iap

• Ooh, nice, thnx