Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ambient techno jam for the Tropical Storm Isaias (while on the toilet)

edited August 2020 in Creations

Since "downgrading" to an ipad mini from an ipad pro recently, the added portability of the mini has inspired me to make more music throughout the day. This track is part of a series of made-on-the-toilet ambient techno jams. And this particular track was made while the Tropical Storm Isaias was touching down in nyc.

WORKFLOW:
Everything starts in AUM as the "sound making" phase (attached some pics of the setup for this one). Once I have enough channels of different elements that might work ok together, I'll record a 5-10 min improvisation directly in AUM.

In this case, i have:

• 3 instances of Synthmaster One (1 bass, 1 pad, 1 melodic line) sequenced by Atom or Rozetta
  • 1 channel of drums (Octachron sequencing Ruismaker, run through fx (but mostly Koala Fx))
  • 1 soundscape coming from Samplr (that's the intro sounds).

After that, I send all the recorded stems to Cubasis 3 where I do some final edits, mixing, and "mastering". Mixing really was just adjusting levels and EQing a bit. "Mastering" included adding a limiter, Reamp, and some final EQ. At the cubasis stage, my only rule for editing is that no new sounds are added after the initial improv, things can only be taken away or moved around (otherwise one can toil away for eternity).

Shoutouts:

• ipad mini is so much doper than I expected, im preferring it to the 2017 10.5 pro i had.
  • Koala FX is very fun
  • Octachron, i like that it's very straightforward to use.
  • Reamp, been using this on everything lately.
  • thank you for listening!!

Comments

• I remember Sandy very well. Making tracks didn’t really occur to me at the time.

Lovely track 👍

• Damn, I was living on the west coast during sandy. Can't imagine what that was like. Lost a few trees on my block with Isaias yesterday.

and thanks!

• @sloJordan said:
    Damn, I was living on the west coast during sandy. Can't imagine what that was like. Lost a few trees on my block with Isaias yesterday.

and thanks!

Imagine boarding a bus at Grand Central going to Brooklyn. Very quiet city, no cars, cabs, few people, no sound - and then you pass Houston Street and everything goes black. Streetlights, apartment blocks, road signs, bodegas - all blacked out. Roads are demarcated by flares. Your bus runs across the Manhattan Bridge and a feeling of dread lifts. You hadn’t understood it was there until then.

• That's the shit, man!

• My backyard flooded during Sandy. We have a creek back there. A baby muskrat was swimming around in the back yard. It was so cute. Wish I had gotten some photos.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Enjoyed this very much.
    Looking forward to the 2nd movement!