Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Eventide ShimmerVerb video walkthrough - Winner Announced

Eventide ShimmerVerb video walkthrough - 1 FREE COPY AVAILABLE!

The New Eventide Shimmer sounds great, comes with a ton of presets, and has some nice features like the Eventide Ribbon and the Hotswitch, to enable you to jump / morph your sound. You can also freeze the reverb, and then play dry over the top of the frozen reverb. Short decay settings also allow you to turn pianos or guitars into something more pad-like.

See the pinned comment at the top of the video’s youtube comments for details of how to win!

Comments

• Gorgeous!

• Definitely a good sounding shimmer. I may do a comparison of shimmers at some point, but it's more complex than it might appear to compare them back to back, would take time to set up. As usual, they all have their own small advantages, and whether you need more than one is really just a question of how much you like and use shimmer and how much variety you need.

• If I’m not mistaken, Jakob has a shimmer comparison coming out soon-ish..

• Ok, that’ll save me doing one lol

• I'm sure a video comparing FAC Alteza, Bleass, ToneBoosters Reverb and Eventide Shimmer would be interesting and require someone with excellent analytical skills to present the topic fairly. If Jacob doesn't do it then you should consider slipping it into the mix when new products slow down or these vendors provide more FREE CODES to invent the free marketing content.

I just get them all because I like to travel to distant planets at will and these prices are great compared to desktops where someone convinced me to buy the Valhala Shimmer and I rarely use it.

SUBSCRIBE TO THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

• Great, thanks. It would be a lot of work to do fairly, let’s see! Maybe somewhere down the line.

• Nice video and super informative! Thanks this one is really nice!

• I love Eventide, starting with the Factor stomp boxes (I have three).

Question: why do I need ShimmerVerb if I already have BlackHole and UltraTap?

Steve

• @ThinAirX said:
    I love Eventide, starting with the Factor stomp boxes (I have three).

Question: why do I need ShimmerVerb if I already have BlackHole and UltraTap?

Steve

Surely for the shimmer, though having watched Gav’s video there is more than 1 trick... I’m liking the small downshift producing a downward bend.

I’d guess also that the reverb is different. Obvious with Ultratap being smeared taps, less so with Blackhole but I gather that is a strange allpass only algorithm. However... more straightforward reverb algorithms from H9 will surely have more reverb parameters if/when they get released...

• The lucky winner: SparklesOfGold 🎉🎉🎉

By the way, Eventide don't really give codes to give away, or at least not to me. This was a code they very nicely offered me, but unfortunately got back to me a bit late and I had already bought the app because I wanted to get a review up sharpish upon release. Lucky winner! 👻👻

• Yeah I also would be interested in a ShimmerVerb Blackhole comparison. If the ShimmerVerb algos are comparable to the Blackhole ones. That would pretty much make Blackhole obsolete I guess.

• @jacou on the contrary, they go very well together.... i had the time to play a little with both the last two days, if you enjoy one, you’ll love them both 🙃

• edited August 2020

@jacou said:
    Yeah I also would be interested in a ShimmerVerb Blackhole comparison. If the ShimmerVerb algos are comparable to the Blackhole ones. That would pretty much make Blackhole obsolete I guess.

i wish they would make the space stompbox as an auv3 😎 to have all these in one app

“The first 12 factory presets correspond neatly to these algorithms and are: Hall, Room, Plate, Spring, Dualverb, Reverse, ModEchoVerb, Black Hole, MangledVerb, TremeloVerb, DynaVerb and Shimmer. As each algorithm becomes live, the knobs' roles are reallocated.....

Last, but not least, there's Shimmer. This includes a healthy splash of Eventide's famed pitch-shifting. With shifts of up to two octaves in either direction plus delay, reverb and feedback, Shimmer is the source of the freakiest, most banshee-wailing strangeness ever to grace a stomp box. Notable presets based on this algorithm include 'Size Matters', a long, huge, shimmering affair with pitch-shifting via the Hot Switch. It transports you out of this world — and then out of several others too! I must also mention 'Nero's Ascent', a rising, tense preset that's perfect for pads, sound design and atmospherics.” - source : https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.soundonsound.com/reviews/eventide-space?amp