Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Freaking Spasms v0.01aka Dixie patch randomiser demo

Just got octachron and it’s making me actually construct sequences rather than just mess about, which is nice 👍

I’ve also been making mozaic scripts that mess with DX / Dixie sysex and this is a first demo of what the basic patch randomiser does, got loads of ideas to make it more musical and controllable but I’m enjoying the glitches so far...

I’ve been weirdly making myself / being slightly obsessive over working in modes of G harmonic minor the last few months, as a result of reading some silliness about a CoVI D chord that is playable in this scale and while it colours what I’m making, it’s also developed my musical ear a bit, that extra semitone making me move around the fretboard and keyboard in different ways after thirty odd years of minor pentatonic / major scale noodling...

Anyways here’s a link, more of a start than a full track...

Oops, nearly forgot the app mentions,

Mozaic, octachron on midi duties, a dry DRC Bass, Ruismaker FM with a bit of yaled on drums, combined with Dixie bleeps, thru mirack plateau on a bus...

Comments

• edited August 2020

hahaha awesome have to try this , thnx :# @Krupa
    "Bogart vs Yamaha"

• This is awesome! :love:

• Cheers @senhorlampada @noob most kind!

Repeated listening today tells me I should export stems and get them into a multi track and push this into more, some sampled drums, bit more instrumentation, tune that bass and edit the glitches into more of a structure...

• Cool. @Krupa is the script on patchstorage?

• @auxmux said:
    Cool. @Krupa is the script on patchstorage?

It is indeed, it’s pretty basic, just point at Dixie (or maybe a real dx7) and every time you hit a pad you get a random patch, some usable, some not...

https://patchstorage.com/dx-randompatch/

There’s another one on my profile there that is more of a ‘tuner’ type thing that you can mash patches up with similarly...

• Awesome, will try this out. Love KQD.

• @auxmux said:
    Awesome, will try this out. Love KQD.

Wicked, me too, I got it for the piano sounds and outrageously large back catalogue, but quickly became creatively destructive 😂

• This reminds me too things. Gotta get a gift card to buy KQD :lol:
    And there is this awesome randomizer for Gadget, but on TB Midi Stuff. It seems more people has Mozaic nowadays, so i'll try to reverse engineer.

It has the same effects: some randomizations may be useless (when cutoff or filters shut some sounds down), but its so cool to make patches out of the ordinary

• Fantastic sounds. Well done 💪