Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arpbud 2 AUv3 RELEASED by Cem Olcay

Comments

• hey @ashh, I don't quite understand your problem, actually if you could record a quick video or take a screenshot, it would be great. You can add/remove steps with the (+ / - / #) buttons on the right side of the sequencer. They don't have a problem both in standalone and AUv3 versions. Your's is broken? Also, yes, what is your iOS version?

• @cem_olcay said:
    hey @ashh, I don't quite understand your problem, actually if you could record a quick video or take a screenshot, it would be great. You can add/remove steps with the (+ / - / #) buttons on the right side of the sequencer. They don't have a problem both in standalone and AUv3 versions. Your's is broken? Also, yes, what is your iOS version?

Will do, many thanks for your reply. iOS 14.3, 12" iPad Pro 2018. I can only add or remove steps in standalone mode.

• @cem_olcay said:
    hey @ashh, I don't quite understand your problem, actually if you could record a quick video or take a screenshot, it would be great. You can add/remove steps with the (+ / - / #) buttons on the right side of the sequencer. They don't have a problem both in standalone and AUv3 versions. Your's is broken? Also, yes, what is your iOS version?

Here's a video. I did email this to you but I guess it must have got spam filtered off the park.

• edited June 2021

@ashh Thanks for the video, yesterday someone mentioned a similar problem in a one-star review on the app store. Can you make the ArpBud’s window smaller on AUM and add more steps and try again? The idea is that it should have more steps than its width. I want to understand something.

• edited June 2021

@cem_olcay sorry to hear that, about the review. Must be frustrating when you're not given the chance to respond beforehand.

I cannot add any steps in AUM. I can press the + but nothing happens. I've also reinstalled it, but there's no change. I've got all your other apps and they work fine.

eta: just seen my earlier post. I'll try standalone. Tried it, won't let me add any more steps. Not sure what I did last time.

• ArpBud is 1 year old today! You can grab it for $0.99 this weekend!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/arpbud-2-auv3-midi-arpeggiator/id1500403326

• @cem_olcay said:
    ArpBud is 1 year old today! You can grab it for $0.99 this weekend!

Thanks for this, and Happy Anniversary/Birthday!

• @cem_olcay said:
    ArpBud is 1 year old today! You can grab it for $0.99 this weekend!

Happy anny!

• Thank you! and congrats!!

• edited December 2023

I really love this app but I can’t take my hands from the keyboard ,really needs a latch-hold function as a auv’3 parameter.

• @albert80 said:
    I really love this app but I can’t take my hands from the keyboard ,really needs a latch-hold function as a auv’3 parameter.

What host are you using? Most host keyboard have a latch function. AUM, Cubasis, etc.

• @HotStrange said:

@albert80 said:

What host are you using? Most host keyboard have a latch function. AUM, Cubasis, etc.

I am using the app with an external keyboard on loopy pro.

• @albert80 said:

Not sure if helps: Because of similar problems I had with different arpeggiators, I'm currently working on a mozaic script that does latching and displays the latched notes. In addition you will be able to play monophonic without the arpeggiator creating a staccato (notes are sent to a different channel). My plan is to have it ready this week.

• @albert80 said:

@HotStrange said:

@albert80 said:

A HW keyboard? If so, does it have latch? My MiniLab3 does but I know not all controllers do. If not, there a Moziac script for latching

• edited December 2023

@HotStrange said:

@albert80 said:

@HotStrange said:

@albert80 said:

A HW keyboard? If so, does it have latch? My MiniLab3 does but I know not all controllers do. If not, there a Moziac script for latching

I have the key step with a hold option but If I want to play a new chord I have to press hold then play the new chord and then again press hold on the key step to latch .not so convenient if I want to change chord every 1 bar for example .thanks.

• edited December 2023

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

Not sure if helps: Because of similar problems I had with different arpeggiators, I'm currently working on a mozaic script that does latching and displays the latched notes. In addition you will be able to play monophonic without the arpeggiator creating a staccato (notes are sent to a different channel). My plan is to have it ready this week.

That sounds good ,looking forward to try it when it is ready .thank you!

• @albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

Here we go. Just released it.
    https://patchstorage.com/latch-and-switch/

• @catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

Thanks for sharing!!

• @catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

Thanks for sharing that ,i appreciate ,I am gonna try it asap.

• @catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

Interesting ,i did not know that the arp on the sh-1 was working that way ,as I understand this latch will add the notes on the chord without removing the previous when you hit a new note .?is there any mode to cancel the notes of the previous chord when entering a new chord?

• edited December 2023

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

Interesting ,i did not know that the arp on the sh-1 was working that way ,as I understand this latch will add the notes on the chord without removing the previous when you hit a new note .?is there any mode to cancel the notes of the previous chord when entering a new chord?

If latch is on, you just press the previous notes again. The other option is to choose the channel A or B and press Notes Off.
    But if you mean the exact behavior of the SH01A, where the previous chord is automatically muted, then this is not possible yet.
    Thanks for bringing this up. Good idea for version 1.3.

• @catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

If latch is on, you just press the previous notes again. The other option is to choose the channel A or B and press Notes Off.
    But if you mean the exact behavior of the SH01A, where the previous chord is automatically muted, then this is not possible yet.

Ok got it ,I was looking for a more traditional arp mode where the previous latched notes will mute when entering a new chord like the traditional arp but I like it as it is on the current moment ,thanks for the effort on this.

• @albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

Ok got it ,I was looking for a more traditional arp mode where the previous latched notes will mute when entering a new chord like the traditional arp but I like it as it is on the current moment ,thanks for the effort on this.

My plan is to add a kind of “SH-01A compatibility mode” that gets enabled when SHIFT and Latch are pressed together. The current behaviour will still be available.

• edited December 2023

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

My plan is to add a kind of “SH-01A compatibility mode” that gets enabled when SHIFT and Latch are pressed together. The current behaviour will still be available.

That is a cool idea ,correct me if I am wrong but I think that the shift is not exposed as an auv’3 parameter like the pads and knobs to controlled from an external MIDI controller so you need to have the app always open then?

• edited December 2023

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

That is a cool idea ,correct me if I am wrong but I think that the shift is not exposed as an auv’3 parameter like the pads and knobs to control it fron an external controller so you need to have the app always open then?or not?

• @albert80 said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

That is a cool idea ,correct me if I am wrong but I think that the shift is not controllable from MIDI like the pads and knobs so you need to have the app always open then?or not?

@albert80 said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

That is a cool idea ,correct me if I am wrong but I think that the shift is not exposed as an auv’3 parameter like the pads and knobs to trigger it from an external controller so you need to have the app always open then?or not?

• @albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

The latest update, version 1.3 is now ready on Patchstorage. This adds what I call “replace latching” where any previously held notes are muted when a new chord is entered. You can enable it by holding SHIFT when pressing the latch pad. Currently this cannot be enabled via MIDI, but you can set the default_repl variable at the beginning of the script to YES. This makes replacing the standard behaviour.

• edited December 2023

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

My plan is to add a kind of “SH-01A compatibility mode” that gets enabled when SHIFT and Latch are pressed together. The current > @catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

@catherder said:

@albert80 said:

The latest update, version 1.3 is now ready on Patchstorage. This adds what I call “replace latching” where any previously held notes are muted when a new chord is entered. You can enable it by holding SHIFT when pressing the latch pad. Currently this cannot be enabled via MIDI, but you can set the default_repl variable at the beginning of the script to YES. This makes replacing the standard behaviour.

Amazing!!!1.3 is exactly what I was looking for and it is working very good .however i was messing today with the SH mode and I can say that the more I am playing this mode the more I like it so it is very good to have both modes and also I guess I could change between these 2 modes with different presets on my host ..thanks a million for that !!!!

• @HotStrange said:

@albert80 said:

@HotStrange said:

@albert80 said:

mozaic script from Catherder did the trick.Thanks.!