Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arpbud 2 AUv3 RELEASED by Cem Olcay

Comments

• edited August 2020

@despego said:

@cem_olcay said:
    I’ve got some requests about the “draw mode” like in StepBud. Sure, I’ll work on that!
    BTW it would be great if you can leave a rating or a review to the app store page, it makes the app more visible, thanks!

Rating coming

What about drag mode, adding/removing steps by dragging left or right instead of tapping the + - symbols, is it something you would consider?

Sure, I'll consider it. Meanwhile, you can use the factory presets if you are using the AUv3 version. There are 3-4-8-16-32 step templates there.

@Poppadocrock said:
    Last thing @cem_olcay i notice someone shared a pic earlier in this thread of all of your apps, and in that pic they had ChordBud 2... I’m guessing that person is beta testing? If so any chance I could get on that beta? And is their an eta on the Chord Bud 2 app?

Yeah, I'm going to share my progress on that soon. But there's definitely going to be a new ChordBud 2 app in the near future for sure! It's going to be an awesome companion for ArpBud and RhyhtmBud.

@Gavinski said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Navichord, Chorbud, chord up, Tonality, step Bud on chords, Keynality, chord poly pad, are all good chord options

Thnx man. But...on stepbud can u make your own custom chords with as many notes as you like? And then can you name them and save them?

Yeah, just double-tap to the LED of the step you want to play a custom chord. In the step-edit page, you can do custom chords. 👍

@reasOne said:
    i want to see some parameters added to the randomize section, such as min/max ranges for ratcheting and octave

Yes, that's a really good idea, I'm adding to the roadmap :) TBH - I didn't expect the randomizer is going to be a hit but people like it very much :smiley:

@Gavinski said:
    +100 I'd love to see more control over the parameters. But I also really wish these were on the main screen rather than settings. I guess though it is done the way it is for the benefit of iPhone users, so might not be feasible to change that

Yeah, I'm obsessed with the "simple and clean design". In all my apps, I'm aiming for the minimal UI to get the job done. They are all working in small iPhone screens to big iPad screens as well as small AUv3 windows.

• Thnx man. But...on stepbud can u make your own custom chords with as many notes as you like? And then can you name them and save them?

Yeah, just double-tap to the LED of the step you want to play a custom chord. In the step-edit page, you can do custom chords. 👍

Great

@Gavinski said:
    +100 I'd love to see more control over the parameters. But I also really wish these were on the main screen rather than settings. I guess though it is done the way it is for the benefit of iPhone users, so might not be feasible to change that

Yeah, I'm obsessed with the "simple and clean design". In all my apps, I'm aiming for the minimal UI to get the job done. They are all working in small iPhone screens to big iPad screens as well as small AUv3 windows.

Sure, I respect that!

• @cem_olcay Good to hear. Thanks for getting back to everyone. Lol. My mistake on the no custom chords in stepbud, I’m going to get into that. That’s 2 forum errors in 2 days. Lol.

• awesome @cem_olcay ! thanks for adding that to the roadmap, that ramdom feature you added really is so perfect , breaks up the monotony of my sound and gives it just enough variation to keep it fresh! with a bit more control it’ll be a monster

• @cem_olcay the randomiser is great and it means I'm going to be using this thing a lot in my videos! 👋👋 I'm curious to hear the way the randomizer is currently set up. For example for intervals, will a ten percent randomization just randomise less often than a fifty percent one, or will it also have less range in terms of notes?

• @Gavinski said:
    @cem_olcay the randomiser is great and it means I'm going to be using this thing a lot in my videos! 👋👋 I'm curious to hear the way the randomizer is currently set up. For example for intervals, will a ten percent randomization just randomise less often than a fifty percent one, or will it also have less range in terms of notes?

No, it doesn't affect the range, it means that you have 10% chance for that step to be randomized.

• @cem_olcay want to love this. Been playing with beta, and really really want / need different sequence lengths for each sequence type. Will then be more useful than cykle in arp mode (which sucks because in arp mode with no note input it still poops out it’s own notes).

If ArpBud2 gets independent seq lens, it will be best, stand alone arp in AU .

SPA, is good, but interface is too fiddly.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    @cem_olcay want to love this. Been playing with beta, and really really want / need different sequence lengths for each sequence type. Will then be more useful than cykle in arp mode (which sucks because in arp mode with no note input it still poops out it’s own notes).

If ArpBud2 gets independent seq lens, it will be best, stand alone arp in AU .

SPA, is good, but interface is too fiddly.

That would make the app unnecessarily complex. You can instead work with multiple ArpBud instances?

BTW -- there was a sync problem in AUv3 mode where it was going out of sync after a while. Just fixed that and submitted a new version 1.1.0, hopefully, released in a couple of days.

• @cem_olcay yes, I think thinking in terms of multiple instances is a good way to open possibilities like these up for power users while making sure that less experienced users aren't going to end up setting things up in a way that might sound bad and put them off using the app. Definitely still hoping to see some introduction of ways to get more control over randomisation features though.

• One thing that puzzles me is the rate and swing settings are not consistent when changing patterns. If I set a pattern to 1/8 and another to 1/16, it will not stick the rate to the pattern. The rate number will stick so it looks like it’s keeping it - but the rate is always whichever rate was set last.
    Yet the same is not true for the swing setting dial. I can have various swing settings for different patterns and that will be remembered and played back correctly.
    So is it just supposed to be one global rate for all patterns?
    I have enjoyed playing with Arpbud but I think it would be even more useful if the patterns could have different rates.
    Maybe someone else has pointed this out already and I missed it.

• Update out with sync issue fixed

• @Stochastically said:
    One thing that puzzles me is the rate and swing settings are not consistent when changing patterns. If I set a pattern to 1/8 and another to 1/16, it will not stick the rate to the pattern. The rate number will stick so it looks like it’s keeping it - but the rate is always whichever rate was set last.
    Yet the same is not true for the swing setting dial. I can have various swing settings for different patterns and that will be remembered and played back correctly.
    So is it just supposed to be one global rate for all patterns?
    I have enjoyed playing with Arpbud but I think it would be even more useful if the patterns could have different rates.
    Maybe someone else has pointed this out already and I missed it.

The rate knob is global. You would have to set different note lengths in the sequencer itself. Strange that the swing is not global too. Maybe Cem would need to weigh in on this.

• Yeah, that’s a bug. Each pattern can have their own rate and swing values. I’m going to release a quick update to fix that!!

• I just re realized that I step bud is ace and has that racchet thing, making a tangerine dream track here. I could see building the orchestra with arps soon! Cheers and woke up early

• save buffers? I am not sure what that means.... I know buffer size like 528 or something..... tech support..... soon.

• @cem_olcay said:
    Yeah, that’s a bug. Each pattern can have their own rate and swing values. I’m going to release a quick update to fix that!!

excellent news!

• Just bought this... didn’t think I needed it, but it is super...

One thing, can you copy patterns from one slot to another... and a ‘paint’ function would be nice.. (paint levels etc, across steps)...

Thanks for making..

• And definitely urgently needs a copy/paste pattern function

• @Gavinski said:
    And definitely urgently needs a copy/paste pattern function

@Gavinski said:

Same request for StepBud @cem_olcay 🙏

• @auxmux said:

@Gavinski said:

@Gavinski said:

Same request for StepBud @cem_olcay 🙏

I second or third that copy/ paste pattern idea.

• Not having that makes making variations on patterns a real pain, as you have to try to manually set up a copy before modifying it.

• @cem_olcay ❤️ ArpBud 2 so far! With ChordBud 2 to complete the set, you’ll have a handy dandy suite of midi fx.. Thank you for these great apps.. 👍
    Just a couple of observations that would make ArpBud 2 even sweeter..

• Draw mode + Master slider (like in StepBud)
    • Copy/paste whole patterns +/or pattern sections (e.g. just the gate section)
    • Show the random results in the pattern (update to latest settings) if it’s possible.. 🤷‍♂️
      As is, if you go to check what the randomization has done to the pattern, it doesn’t actually update any of the sections.. it would be nice to tweak a few bits (after the fact) once you know what the random settings actually are..
  • Great ideas Royor. Like this idea of being able to copy/paste pattern sections as well as whole patterns, also the idea of having some way to see how a pattern is being randomised, though that might be hard to pull off. Surely then it would need two displays of the whole interface, one showing your base settings, the other showing what's happening to those as they're being randomized?

• @Gavinski Yes, you may be right about the user base settings etc.. Of course I’ve only thought about it + used the random section without adjusting anything beforehand.. it’s all defaults.. so in my eyes I was expecting the sections to update their default settings to the new randomized settings.. never thought about how that would work with things that were already tweaked.. now I understand the difficulty and/or improbability of what I was requesting.. I’ll still dream about it though.. 😁

I find myself using the random function quite a bit.. in fact that’s the only set of sliders I’ll adjust.. I don’t even touch the interval section.. my latest experiments..

• I’ll pick what I want to randomize - usually interval, velocity + probability
    • I’ll then use QuantiChord to send a random chord (with random scale) to ArpBud 2
    • I’ve been messing with Riffer (or NuRack’s midi Randomizer) sending random notes to Quantichord.. I’m sure Particles + Collider or StepBud etc.. would work great too..

There’s just too much cool stuff to mess with.. I really enjoy hearing what the machines create and then try to start making some sense of it.. it takes you into uncharted + uncomfortable territory which is always a good thing.. 👍

• Well, I've got great news, new version 1.2.0 has released! It fixes the "rate per pattern" bug.
    I've already submitted the v1.3.0 which adds the draw mode and "min-max" settings for randomizer! Will be released in a day or two. After that, I'm going to add the pattern copy/paste feature.

• @cem_olcay Outstanding! 👏 The min/max for each random setting is genius + will be very handy.. 👍

• This looks really great, @cem_olcay

But you have cleverly and fiendishly incorporated all your various apps into a very appealing workflow in your videos. I believe — and I'm speaking for all of us appholics — a Bud Bundle™ is the next logical step.
    :)

• Excellent!

• edited August 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Not having that makes making variations on patterns a real pain, as you have to try to manually set up a copy before modifying it.

@cem_olcay said:
    Well, I've got great news, new version 1.2.0 has released! It fixes the "rate per pattern" bug.
    I've already submitted the v1.3.0 which adds the draw mode and "min-max" settings for randomizer! Will be released in a day or two. After that, I'm going to add the pattern copy/paste feature.

Great...

Edit.. must say...it is VERY musical... Thanks..

• @cem_olcay said:
    Well, I've got great news, new version 1.2.0 has released! It fixes the "rate per pattern" bug.

oh man!!!! perfect