Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arpbud 2 AUv3 RELEASED by Cem Olcay

Comments

• edited August 2020

I just want some way of retaining a bunch of notes which are held, basically a custom chord, attached to each separate arp instance. I’m guessing Mozaic might have something?

• edited August 2020

@Gavinski said:
    I’d actually really love it if this had a built in keyboard that could save the buffer like Ioniarics can. In the meantime, can someone suggest a temporary fix? Keyboards like KB-1 or Velocity Keyboard also don’t save their buffers between sessions.

It can be done with Mozaic.
    Store the last chord (or even multiple chords) that kicks off when host starts playing.

• @Gavinski said:
    I just want some way of retaining a bunch of notes which are held, basically a custom chord, attached to each separate arp instance. I’m guessing Mozaic might have something?

Mozaic ? FugueMachine?

• lol didnt use keyboard.

Thanks.

• Stepbud and Arpbud dont sync. Is it because its an arp?

I could match Stepbud sequencer with drambo but cant with arpbud.

• Guess it dosent need to as with arpbud, you are gonna tweak and put out of sync stepwise anyway.

• @cem_olcay said:
    I’ve got some requests about the “draw mode” like in StepBud. Sure, I’ll work on that!
    BTW it would be great if you can leave a rating or a review to the app store page, it makes the app more visible, thanks!

Will do. Draw mode would be great.

• @Gavinski said:
    I’d actually really love it if this had a built in keyboard that could save the buffer like Ioniarics can. In the meantime, can someone suggest a temporary fix? Keyboards like KB-1 or Velocity Keyboard also don’t save their buffers between sessions.

What do you mean by buffers, like notes that should be triggered, but haven’t caught up to Arp yet?

• Last thing @cem_olcay i notice someone shared a pic earlier in this thread of all of your apps, and in that pic they had ChordBud 2... I’m guessing that person is beta testing? If so any chance I could get on that beta? And is their an eta on the Chord Bud 2 app?

• Review done.

• @Gavinski said:

What about AUM’s keyboard > Tonality Chord Pads > ArpBud 2 > synth/piano?

-load an empty 2x2 pad set in Chord Pads
    -add a custom chord to Chord Pads by holding a pad until it turns red.. it then waits for input from a keyboard
    -put AUM’s keyboard into sustain mode and then play the notes you want.. connect it to your source in order to hear it
    -tap that pad to get it out of record mode + then latch playback in Chord Pads
    -hit play in AUM
    -adjust ArpBud 2 to taste

• @royor said:

@Gavinski said:

-add a custom chord to Chord Pads by holding a pad until it turns red.. it then waits for input from a keyboard
    -put AUM’s keyboard into sustain mode and then play the notes you want.. connect it to your source in order to hear it
    -hit play in AUM

Sounds like a good solution! I haven't even played with the chord pads in Tonality yet, cheers bro

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Gavinski said:

What do you mean by buffers, like notes that should be triggered, but haven’t caught up to Arp yet?

Buffers I just mean that it actually saves the notes that were played from one session to another rather than opening blank and needing input again

• @despego said:

@Gavinski said:

Mozaic ? FugueMachine?

I don't think fugue is a good choice for just one permanently sustained chord, is it?

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@Gavinski said:

Store the last chord (or even multiple chords) that kicks off when host starts playing.

Thnx, is there a particular mozaic patch for that?

• @royor said:

@Gavinski said:

-hit play in AUM

One of the first things I tried. Good combo especially with the latch on Tonality.

• Navichord, Chorbud, chord up, Tonality, step Bud on chords, Keynality, chord poly pad, are all good chord options

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Navichord, Chorbud, chord up, Tonality, step Bud on chords, Keynality, chord poly pad, are all good chord options

Thnx man. But...on stepbud can u make your own custom chords with as many notes as you like? And then can you name them and save them?

• The most important thing is for me to he able to make custom chords as long as I want, latch them, and preferably save them with a custom name.

• @Gavinski Yeah, I just thought about what I would do + that was my initial instinct.. pretty easy BUT you need 1 Chord Pad instance for each ArpBud 2.. I think you can manage that though.. I’ve seen the size of some of your AUM sessions.. 🤪

• Exactly haha, not a problem. Thnx man, it's time I finally read the manual for Tonality too I think

• @Gavinski said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

@Gavinski said:

I'm not aware of one, but it's certainly doable.
    I'll give it a try as it seems like a utility I would use...

• All I want to add to this conversation is that once you figure it out @Gavinski , please create one of your awesome tutorial video for lazy bums like us 😂😂

• @Gavinski said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Navichord, Chorbud, chord up, Tonality, step Bud on chords, Keynality, chord poly pad, are all good chord options

Thnx man. But...on stepbud can u make your own custom chords with as many notes as you like? And then can you name them and save them?

I think you can only use the chords provided, but does have a decent selection and I believe you can switch inversions on, maybe that’s another Bud app... you can slide it all the way up to Get sevenths ninths elevenths etc.

• @Gavinski said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I’d go tonality for custom chords, but it doesn’t sequence. However you can just record tonality output into Atom and bada bing bada boom.

• @Gavinski said:

@despego said:

@Gavinski said:

Mozaic ? FugueMachine?

I don't think fugue is a good choice for just one permanently sustained chord, is it?

Oh I meant Atom piano roll.
    FM could do I guess. Just draw the chords you want and press play with only one play head. ??

But there might be better solutions.
    I don’t think Suggester has been mentioned. It can sequence chords and they can be customized

• i want to see some parameters added to the randomize section, such as min/max ranges for ratcheting and octave

• @reasOne said:
    i want to see some parameters added to the randomize section, such as min/max ranges for ratcheting and octave

Good idea, my vote is definitely for velocity, but If you could set a min max for all parameters that you randomize that be amazing.

• +100 I'd love to see more control over the parameters. But I also really wish these were on the main screen rather than settings. I guess though it is done the way it is for the benefit of iPhone users, so might not be feasible to change that

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@Gavinski said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

@Gavinski said:

I'm not aware of one, but it's certainly doable.
    I'll give it a try as it seems like a utility I would use...

Nice! Thnx to everyone else too for your replies and ideas.